Holder gunning for Sheriff Joe
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:33:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Holder gunning for Sheriff Joe
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Holder gunning for Sheriff Joe  (Read 2179 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:42:30 AM »

A colossal waste of time and money and a classic case of thuggery on the part of Holder

Does hating Sheriff Joe justify the cost of this?
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 11:59:39 AM »

Good. The only thug here is the racist media whore hiding behind his badge.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:06:23 PM »

Good. The only thug here is the racist media whore hiding behind his badge.

I think the DoJ agrees with you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:27:34 PM »

I wouldn't shed much tears if the Mexicans shot Arpaio, actually. I loathe that man.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »

Yes. Arpaio's antics, in addition to being unconstitutional and immoral, also contribute to higher crime rates in Phoenix and deprive the entire county of proper and effective law enforcement.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »

Good.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »

Looks like it's time for a good, old-fashioned thugfest. I can take no side in this, since both men are completely worthless.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 05:08:48 PM »

I can only wish Holder would use some thuggery while dealing with that worthless piece of crap. Give him a taste of his own medicine so to speak. Sadly, I don't see any evidence of that in the link you posted. Sad
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why would anyone defend this cretin?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:55 PM »

Normally I sided with Joe - but he should just go along with the investigation here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »

Good for Holder. Someone needs to take that asshole piece of sh!t down.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »

The Obama administration seems to want to wipe out the Dem party in Arizona. Sheriff Joe may or may not be a racist ahole, but he is loved in Maricopa County, particularly at the moment, when fear is stalking the place. Folks down there, and in DC, are all overwrought. They all need therapy really.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »

The Obama administration seems to want to wipe out the Dem party in Arizona. Sheriff Joe may or may not be a racist ahole, but he is loved in Maricopa County, particularly at the moment, when fear is stalking the place. Folks down there, and in DC, are all overwrought. They all need therapy really.

I don't get it either - when you make the battle Arizona vs. DC, you know who's going to win that battle in Arizona.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:31:05 PM »

Good for Holder. Someone needs to take that asshole piece of sh!t down.

And then someone needs to take Holder down, so the world will be that much righter overall.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »

I wouldn't shed much tears if the Mexicans shot Arpaio, actually. I loathe that man.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »

The Obama administration seems to want to wipe out the Dem party in Arizona.

"We have lost the South for a generation."
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »

It's not like the Democratic Party was in great shape in Arizona to begin with... when has it ever been, really?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 08:47:16 AM »

I guess those of you who hate Sheriff Joe (which is fine, he is a polarizing figure), aren't disturbed by what appears to be the government doing the same thing you hate Sheriff Joe for, going after your enemies just because they're your enemies?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

I guess those of you who hate Sheriff Joe (which is fine, he is a polarizing figure), aren't disturbed by what appears to be the government doing the same thing you hate Sheriff Joe for, going after your enemies just because they're your enemies?

Arpaio is breaking laws left and right, and in serious ways. He's a sheriff, he doesn't get to make policy or overrule constitutional guarantees. But the people he's going after, he's nailing with trumped up charges purely to harass them and they always get thrown out of court.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:52 AM »

Arpaio is breaking laws left and right, and in serious ways. He's a sheriff, he doesn't get to make policy or overrule constitutional guarantees. But the people he's going after, he's nailing with trumped up charges purely to harass them and they always get thrown out of court.

Ok, and what I'm asking is, do you feel they're going after him on merit, or because they just hate the guy?  I feel it's the later, personally.

You guys forget my overall disdain for law enforcement (the feds especially), but just overall disdain.  I think they're all thugs.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

Ok, and what I'm asking is, do you feel they're going after him on merit, or because they just hate the guy?  I feel it's the later, personally.

You guys forget my overall disdain for law enforcement (the feds especially), but just overall disdain.  I think they're all thugs.

So... they shouldn't go after him for breaking laws and being a menace to society simply because they also dislike him? Frankly, anyone who doesn't dislike Arpaio scares me a little. But it sounds like you're the one with the biased perspective.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2010, 09:39:18 AM »

You guys forget my overall disdain for law enforcement (the feds especially), but just overall disdain.  I think they're all thugs.

So... they shouldn't go after him for breaking laws and being a menace to society simply because they also dislike him? Frankly, anyone who doesn't dislike Arpaio scares me a little. But it sounds like you're the one with the biased perspective.

Perhaps, Verily, perhaps.  I still think the level of assualt against him by the Justice Department is interesting, given that he's held the job since the dawn of man.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »

Perhaps, Verily, perhaps.  I still think the level of assualt against him by the Justice Department is interesting, given that he's held the job since the dawn of man.

Well, yeah, the Bush administration never went after him because it would have destroyed their popularity in Arizona. (And Clinton before him, too, although Arpaio was not as bad back then.) Arizona politicians cater to his every whim or they lose reelection (or represent the few communities that oppose him).

He's gotten away with scummy behavior for so long because no one had the political guts to do what the Justice Department is doing now. If anything, the political persecution is against those who oppose him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »

Well, yeah, the Bush administration never went after him because it would have destroyed their popularity in Arizona. (And Clinton before him, too, although Arpaio was not as bad back then.) Arizona politicians cater to his every whim or they lose reelection (or represent the few communities that oppose him).

He's gotten away with scummy behavior for so long because no one had the political guts to stand up to him. If anything, the political persecution is against those who oppose him.

I'm happy to end it there Smiley  Thanks!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »

Joe is a good sheriff, I hope things work out good for him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies