Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2014, 02:58:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Charles Darwin)
| | |-+  Australian Federal Election - Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Australian Federal Election - Results Thread  (Read 19520 times)
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:13:39 am »
Ignore

And here it is.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:24:42 am »
Ignore

Two exit polls give the ALP narrow leads

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:55 am »
Ignore

An exit poll of Herbert (that is, Townsville), Qld, apparently shows a three point swing to the ALP. Wouldn't have thought exit polls of individual constituencies are worth much, but news is news.

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 02:31:54 am »
Ignore

An exit poll of Herbert (that is, Townsville), Qld, apparently shows a three point swing to the ALP. Wouldn't have thought exit polls of individual constituencies are worth much, but news is news.

That's odd, isn't Townsville a Liberal leaning area?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 02:33:20 am »
Ignore

The Coalition is sinking on InTrade.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:19 am »
Ignore

That's odd, isn't Townsville a Liberal leaning area?

It's regional Queensland, so it's difficult to categorise. The Liberal incumbent (who's retiring) narrowly hung on last time, but it was Labor throughout the Hawke-Keating years. Boundary changes give it a notional ALP lead of about three votes or something.

But, as I said, I'm not sure if such surveys of individual constituencies are worth a lot.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 03:12:56 am »
Ignore

...and the Atlas is back. Other constituency exit polls include (apparently) a big Liberal win in Lindsay and a solid Labor win in La Trobe.

But real numbers very soon now.

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 03:16:28 am »
Ignore

Tonight could also be another history maker if Liberal Ken Wyatt wins in Hasluck. If he does, he will be the first Aboriginal man elected to the House of Representatives.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 03:16:45 am »
Ignore

Watching the TV coverage, they've mentioned three different exit polls of specific constituencies, two that showed unrealistically large swings to Labor, and one that showed an unrealistically large swing to the Coalition.  None of the pundits believe the constituency exit polls.

Meanwhile, on Channel Ten, they mentioned that the national exit poll they did showed Labor winning 52%-48%, but that, oddly, the Coalition was slightly ahead in the actual swing races.

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
You kip if you want to...
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2010, 03:23:23 am »
Ignore

Does Australia have that period were nothing happens for about an hour and a half after the polls close that we, in the UK, have? What time are results expected to start roll in?

redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 03:29:36 am »
Ignore

Does Australia have that period were nothing happens for about an hour and a half after the polls close that we, in the UK, have? What time are results expected to start roll in?

I noticed that, here is some early results.

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/guide/sop.htm
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:39:28 am by redcommander »Logged
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 03:30:12 am »
Ignore

Some figures are trickling in at the moment, but they don't mean much. But we'll get meaningful figures quite soon.

Or should.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 03:37:39 am »
Ignore

So, there's been no "calls" in any seats yet, there's just leads in raw vote?

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 03:41:55 am »
Ignore

What's the best website for results?

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 03:43:38 am »
Ignore

What's the best website for results?

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/ i'm using that.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 03:46:07 am »
Ignore

Yeah, but where are they showing seat-by-seat results in some kind of logical order?  I go here:

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/guide/sop.htm

and I get overall state results.  I go here:

http://www.abc.net.au/elections/federal/2010/guide/latest.htm

and I get seat-by-seat results in some kind of random order.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 03:54:35 am »
Ignore

Those Queensland swings do not look good.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 04:03:50 am »
Ignore

In regards to projections, ABC has:
Labor 3
Coalition 0
Independants 1
Greens 0

Labor hold Denison, Braddon and Lyons. On UNS, not that it's worth much, but Braddon was the seat the Coalition would need for a 1 seat majority.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10:02 am »
Ignore

Tasmania does different, though.

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 04:16:25 am »
Ignore

It's like a sunny Scotland. Tongue

change08
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 04:17:31 am »
Ignore

Antony Green thinks that Labor will hold Eden-Monaro against the NSW swing to the Libs. Good news for them.

Also, i'm gonna say I prefer our ways of counting. Tongue

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 04:24:30 am »
Ignore

It's like a sunny Scotland. Tongue

It's not that sunny...

Something like a fifth of my relatives live in Tasmania, btw.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 04:37:03 am »
Ignore

Interesting pattern now well-established in NSW; Sydney is looking grim for Labor, the rest of the state not so much. Two rural electorates (Eden-Monaro and Page) look to have been held, yet 'safe' Banks is on a knife edge...

London Man
Silent Hunter
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 04:53:14 am »
Ignore

26.9% counted so far; looks like the Coalition will win most votes, Labor most seats, but it's not guaranteed. STV can be funny like that...

Labor 63, Coalition 50.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 04:54:38 am »
Ignore

Well duh, the Green transfers.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout