New York.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:04:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  New York.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: New York.  (Read 34614 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 02:45:06 AM »

Yea I saw that earlier.  No word yet on what happened.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 03:09:25 AM »

Well, they don't arrest candidates "Overnight" for serious criminal charges.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 08:27:37 AM »

Well, they don't arrest candidates "Overnight" for serious criminal charges.

State Senate candidate David Mejias  was arrested Wednesday, charged in a domestic incident, after police said he followed his ex-girlfriend in his car, forced her off the road in Matinecock, screamed at her and then chased her when she tried to get away.

The incident took place on Piping Rock Road at about noon Wednesday, and Mejias, 39, of Puritan Lane in Farmingdale, was charged with second-degree menacing, second-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree stalking, Nassau County police said.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/david-mejias-state-senate-candidate-charged-in-domestic-incident-1.2253502

Temper, temper.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35:52 AM »

Well, that puts an end to that career. Not that it wasn't already over a few years ago.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 10:08:14 AM »

Weird...
JoeyJoeJoe
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.57

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:27 AM »

That's disappointing (that he's like that).  He seemed like a good guy, from the conversations I've had with him.  He's also in my running club; I think that the club's "Updates" section of the monthly magazine may not include this bit of info.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »

That's disappointing (that he's like that).  He seemed like a good guy, from the conversations I've had with him.  He's also in my running club; I think that the club's "Updates" section of the monthly magazine may not include this bit of info.

Agreed, very disappointing I have been involved in a few of his previous campaigns, have chatted with him on numerous occasions and he seemed like a really good guy.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »

Anyone know where I can get a list of candidates running for the Assembly?  I'm specifically trying to find out who is running in my Assembly District A.D (Joe Saladino).  The district is uber Republican and I know is not even remotely competitive, but would like to know who is facing him this year.  Can't seem to find any info anywhere.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 06:54:03 AM »

Anyone know where I can get a list of candidates running for the Assembly?  I'm specifically trying to find out who is running in my Assembly District A.D (Joe Saladino).  The district is uber Republican and I know is not even remotely competitive, but would like to know who is facing him this year.  Can't seem to find any info anywhere.

New York's board of elections sucks when it comes to putting up candidate lists; all they have up is a list of candidates in contested primaries. (And even then, only for the non-NYC part of the state; for NYC, you have to go to the city's BOE website.)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »

New York's board of elections sucks when it comes to putting up candidate lists; all they have up is a list of candidates in contested primaries. (And even then, only for the non-NYC part of the state; for NYC, you have to go to the city's BOE website.)

You could have just ended your first sentence after "sucks."  Because New York's board of elections sucks, period.  Its website is so far behind the other states' BoEs that it makes us look technologically illterate.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »

How much do you think the new voting system (I'll miss those old booths) will affect election day? I know I wouldn't want to be a geriatric GOP primary voter in NY-01.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 08:04:18 PM »

How much do you think the new voting system (I'll miss those old booths) will affect election day? I know I wouldn't want to be a geriatric GOP primary voter in NY-01.

Might be some kinks, but I doubt it will be a real issue.
joece
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »

Due to his deep pockets, Paladino will be more competitive in the general election than Rick Lazio, but will still have trouble crossing 40 percent.

As a moderate Republican from the state of New York, and a volunteer for my local GOP congressional candidate, I still cannot envision myself pulling the lever for Carl Paladino.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 04:32:21 PM »

Dave Mejias announced he is dropping out of the 6th Senate district race and endorsing his Primary opponent Francesca Carlow.  Mejias will remain on the Primary ballot since the deadline to remove his name from the ballot already passed.  Part of the statement is below.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

See rest of statement

http://davefornewyork.com/news/releases/text_of_statement_from_dave_mejias/
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 05:59:01 PM »

Closest thing to a New York general thread, so here's some news: Andrew Cuomo decided to take in the Working Families Party after all:

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=13140227

So they won't be losing their ballot access.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:26 AM »

lol, all the more reason to hope Carl wins:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/gop_leader_angling_to_back_andy_Q79RucCsVB7IklIztIB8bK
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

Closest thing to a New York general thread, so here's some news: Andrew Cuomo decided to take in the Working Families Party after all:

Why on Earth would he want to do that?
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »

Why on Earth would he want to do that?
He probably got pressured into it by other Dems would be my guess.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

Um, they agreed to support his platform and the investigation into the party's field arm ended? #seriouslypeople
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 11:47:02 AM »

Yeah, but a good party man wouldn't accept a spot on the pressure party's ticket if he could win without them.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »

Yeah, but a good party man wouldn't accept a spot on the pressure party's ticket if he could win without them.

Wtf?  He's winning 2:1 in the polls, he can do whatever he wants.  He has his post-election goals, and he figured that having the WFP endorse his agenda would assist them. 
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 12:34:01 PM »

Wtf?  He's winning 2:1 in the polls, he can do whatever he wants.  He has his post-election goals, and he figured that having the WFP endorse his agenda would assist them. 

My point is Democrats (should) want left-wing pressure parties to wither and die, lest they cause future trouble with split tickets.  Since Cuomo obviously doesn't need the WFP ticket to win, he shouldn't take it.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2010, 09:07:03 PM »

omg, a key anti-marriage Democrat just lost his primary!

http://capitaltonight.com/2010/09/stachowski-concedes-congratulates-tim-kennedy/

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Dick Morris just said this race was now competitive and that Paladino has a serious shot at winning...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »

Don't agree with Morris, but I'm definitely voting for Paladino.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies