Roger A. Farmer: "We need more quantitative easing to create jobs"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:06:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Roger A. Farmer: "We need more quantitative easing to create jobs"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Roger A. Farmer: "We need more quantitative easing to create jobs"  (Read 2562 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »

I don't feel like fighting The Swarm on here - which is what would certainly happen if I said much of what I'm thinking! - but we'll see. Wink

I hardly think there could be a Swarm in economics section - there are only about 5 of us who look in on it.

But seriously if you want to come round and spout some right-wing stuff on the forum, there are lots who would agree with you.

Well, if I make one false step ag will post twelve paragraphs on how I'm economically illiterate, so I do have to watch out for that. Smiley

First, I'm not right-wing, not on economics (center to center-left) or on social issues (center to center-right), and foreign policy, where I'm more extreme, doesn't run on a left-right spectrum very well. Wink Second, discounting those who make another account and pretend to be a conservative (my wild theory is that Derek was really King having some fun Tongue ) there are very few on the right here, especially given the social-liberal circle-jerk that makes up most political discourse on this forum. Cheesy Third, as must be clear, I don't have the time anyway. Kiki
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 11:36:20 AM »

One is obliged to ask what is 'overallocation'?  One suspects it is not so simple, objective, or apolitical as the classical economists seem to believe.

Overallocation is basically when too money is diverted to something where it shouldn't be, regardless of how it happened.

Subjective value judgments.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies