Bush-Kerry Debates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:57:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush-Kerry Debates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush-Kerry Debates  (Read 5483 times)
zachman

« on: March 16, 2004, 05:10:43 PM »

It won't happen, but I would have a Kerry house party/ poker match.
zachman

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 05:25:15 PM »

Its a used political strategy, but that would be surprising if Bush accepted. Kerry would win if he uses the right tone for attacks. That is an important challenge.
zachman

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 05:33:13 PM »

Aren't there only two. I'd like to see Jon Stewart moderate, but Jim Lehrer will be picked regardless.
zachman

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 06:06:44 PM »

4) Bush should run commercials (a new one each week) showing Kerry debating himself.

Kerry should run commercials (a new one each week) showing Bush debating himself.

They tried my segment on the daily show with Gov. Bush vs. President Bush. It was great!
zachman

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 06:19:39 PM »

1. He said he was against nation building.
2. He said he would support the state's decisions if they decided to allow gay marriage.
3. He said that the economy hadn't improved and only the stock market had soared. In recent months he has said that the rising stock market was enough basis to declare that the economy was growing.
4. He also said once accidentally, so I hold this less against Bush, that I am not against abortion becuase it is right...
Those are the changes that I can name off of my head.

He has said numerous exagerations and stupid mischaraccterizations which I won't discuss in this post.
zachman

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 06:43:49 PM »

The courts have the right to make decisions on behalf of the state. Judges are experts on the law, and seldomly mess up, and gay marriage is not an issue in which they've messed up.

I remember that Bush used the stock market excuse in Republican debates in 2000, and you should recall his recent statement on it.
 Here is what he said about abortion:
I would have said yes to abortion if only it was right. I mean, yeah it's right. Well no it's not right that's why I said no to it.
-- South Carolina, Feb. 14, 2000

Here's a good Bush quote.

I had no idea we had so many weapons. What do we need them for?
-- Demonstrating grasp of America's nuclear weapons system, May, 2001

Here's another

I think we need not only to eliminate the tollbooth to the middle class, I think we should knock down the tollbooth.
-- Nashua, New Hampshire, as quoted by Gail Collins in the New York Times, Feb. 1, 2000
zachman

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 08:56:10 PM »

Bush has plenty of time, don't use that as an excuse, although it does suffice as Bush's excuse.
zachman

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 10:18:46 PM »

The Bush team will be risking everything if they go after Kerry for his post Vietnam statement. I don't think it will benefit them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies