Swearing in of new Office Holders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:44:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of new Office Holders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: Swearing in of new Office Holders  (Read 56742 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: January 06, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »

So since Al isn't the PPT anymore and Defarge isn't VP anymore who is going to call the vote on Ebowed and PPT to orde and the re-introduced bill thing? Tongue

I'm sure we could overlook the breach of procedure if, say, Joe were to accidentally make a post starting the vote.

Perhaps DeFarge could un-resign just long enough to open a vote, or maybe Al is still PPT until a new PPT is elected? Perhaps the Rules of the Senate need to be modified to handle this type of situation.

Also, I did recommend a while back that the Senate appoint a clerk to handle the notice board. This could make things easier on your guys.

(Of course on the other hand I hope no one would have a problem with Joe doing that. Otherwise, our government would be unable to function until a Vice-President is popularly elected.)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: January 06, 2006, 01:20:31 PM »

Perhaps you could all read Article 2, Section 3 of War and Peace that Sam wrote for you.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #277 on: January 06, 2006, 01:33:38 PM »

I, Bono, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of [Co-]District 4 Senator, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #278 on: January 06, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »

Perhaps you could all read Article 2, Section 3 of War and Peace that Sam wrote for you.

The problem is that neither clause there applies.  Clause 1 doesn't apply because there is neither any publicly announced absence by the PPT nor any PPT to appoint a senator to the position temporarily.  Clause 2 doesn't apply because the PPT has not been inactive for seven days (we don't even have one, so he can't very well be inactive).

I personally don't particularly care how we get a VP, however, and I doubt the rest of the Senate does, either.  This is evidently a special case that needs consideration, and we can't do so until we have someone to open and close votes on legislation.  If we want to let Clause 2 apply even though it doesn't, then I can open the vote.  I don't care.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #279 on: January 07, 2006, 06:01:41 PM »

I, Ebowed, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2006, 01:08:43 PM »

I, Afleitch, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Mideast Region, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Mideast, and the Constutution of the Atlas Forum. So help me Dave
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #281 on: February 06, 2006, 04:31:58 AM »

I, Peter Bell, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of District Two Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2006, 03:51:55 PM »

I, Ernest, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Midwest Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

I, TCash101, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2006, 09:25:18 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Chief Justice!

I would hope that we actually get some cases to decide some time soon.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2006, 07:49:22 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. Chief Justice!

I would hope that we actually get some cases to decide some time soon.

Elections are soon Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2006, 08:50:20 AM »

btw, was i ever officially senator, considering how I chose to take my oath?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »

Why do people keep swearing to the Constitution of the Atlas Forum? It was changed to Republic of Atlasia some 10 months ago.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #288 on: February 20, 2006, 05:25:01 PM »

I, WMS, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Pacific Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #289 on: February 20, 2006, 05:52:29 PM »

Why do people keep swearing to the Constitution of the Atlas Forum? It was changed to Republic of Atlasia some 10 months ago.

Because the change is just a mass conPiracY by ActiVist jUDgEs to tRY and fORCe thEIr actIVIsm oN US SANE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! Wink
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »

A better question is why they continue to have me swear them in, considering I resigned months ago....

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »

A better question is why they continue to have me swear them in, considering I resigned months ago....

If you don't want them using this thread, you can always lock it.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »

If you don't want them using this thread, you can always lock it.

Doesn't bother me, just amuses me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies