Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:39:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)  (Read 19884 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2004, 11:19:29 AM »

I see no inconsistency in my position - back then I argued for ruthlessly dealing with the Muslims.. the only change is now I realize the Christians - the enemy within - are a much, much bigger threat.   If you think about it my position is not that different - either way it is religion I fear.  I mean after all the Christians RUN this country, whereas the Muslims are weak and inconsequential. 

yes, of course all Christians are mean-spirited book-burning peasants with pitchforks who kill abortion doctors and disdain modern science, and do not act with direction from their God.

All jews are ultranationalistic israelis at heart, hell bent on destruction of the palestinian people in order to fulfill an ancient covenant with their God.

All muslims are radical murders, narrow-minded peasants who call to holy war against all infidels (christians, jews, atheists, hindus), and who would rather blow themselves to bits than live with non-believers.

All hindus are silly vegetarian cow-worshippers who like to fight with and kill muslims in a struggle to control the area north of the Ganges River.

All religious people are depraved lunatics.  Anyone who believes in any supernatural or cosmic force should be rounded up and either fed to lions or taken to the gas chambers and mass executed. 

It is decided.  Unless you renounce all religion, you shall be put to death.  That's the true enlightened liberal view, so let it be ours.

Can we all agree to this?  Who is with me?  All?  good. 

Let's start with the black Christian zealots.  They really have been a drag on the DNC, haven't they?  On the one hand they're loyal dems (well, about 6/7 of them anyway), but on the other they have that damn religiosity.  Let's enslave them first, then convince them that there is no one to save them other than themselves.  When shall we start this enlightened program of mass brainwashing them for their own good?  After all, they're backward folks who really need to be saved from themselves.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2004, 02:04:20 PM »

Hey, let the Democrats be full of hate. Let them denounce the hicks, the zealots, etc. that won the election for Bush.

NEVERMIND that Bush won higher-income voters decisively. Just keep blaming it on ignorance.

By intentionally misdiagnosing the problem, Democrats guarantee continual losses.

The Democrats lost on guns, and they're going to lose on gay marriage, and so forth. It's just a matter of time. And, in the interim, Republicans get to run the show.
danwxman

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2004, 02:10:04 PM »

You slimy piece of dog waste, are you implying there's something wrong with being Mormon?  Are saying that being Mormon is something bad?  If you are, you are the biggest hypocrite on this forum, I take extreme offense to that.  How'd you like it if I went off yelling it's bad to be black, or it's bad to be hispanic because they're all dumb?  What'd you think of that?  It's exactly the same, what you just did to me.

You are a disgrace to yourself, any respect I ever had for you, went tumbling down the drain.  You are a despicable and arrogant worthless individual.

Are you born black?  Yes
Are you born hispanic?  Yes
Are you born mormon? No

Now I won't go around hating people because they are mormons.  I don't have a problem with the jeapordy guy, he's a good guy.  But I think utah is a terrible place to live because mormon areas like utah have some of the strangest people I've ever seen.

If you don't like it, fine.  I don't care.
And I find it undesirable living in a city that will get you mugged twice a day, maybe killed, stabbed, and robbed.  New York City is not a nice place.  Neither is San Francisco.

On the other hand, how many times have you heard about sky high crime in Utah?

I guess you didn't hear that NYC is the safest city in the country. Some of the most dangerous cities -- Altanta, Dallas, St. Louis....all in red states.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2004, 02:11:06 PM »

That's because in NYC no one reports minor crimes.

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2004, 02:12:19 PM »

And in NYC, a lot of things are probably minor crimes
danwxman

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2004, 02:14:50 PM »

That's because in NYC no one reports minor crimes.

I'm white, and I used to visit my friend in Harlem about every weekend.. Not a thing ever happened....believe me, I was scared at first. But everybody stereotypes NYC as being some dangerous place, and it's really not.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

The whole idea that big cities have much higher crime is fairly outdated.  Urban crime has declined a great deal, and more importantly, rural crime is through the roof.  Mostly this is due to the extreme poverty and hopelessness out there, which has fueled the 'meth' epidemic.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2004, 02:46:11 PM »

New York City is very safe.  As for minor crimes going un-reported that is not true.    A partial reason that crime has gone down is because they started enforcing these minor crimes.  A guy who jumps the turnstile also often has other warrants out.  New York is still trying to brush off the stereotypes from the 70's and 80's.  It is the safest big city in America.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2004, 02:50:27 PM »

Minor crimes shouldn't be reported anyway. I'd rather live in a city that had kind of high crime but not ridiculous like NYC where the police only bothered with serious crimes rather than a place where the cops didn't have anything better to do than hunt down people smoking pot or engaging in "disorderly conduct" or other such bullsh**t. Another reason suburbs blow.
danwxman

« Reply #109 on: November 07, 2004, 02:52:23 PM »

Minor crimes shouldn't be reported anyway. I'd rather live in a city that had kind of high crime but not ridiculous like NYC where the police only bothered with serious crimes rather than a place where the cops didn't have anything better to do than hunt down people smoking pot or engaging in "disorderly conduct" or other such bullsh**t. Another reason suburbs blow.

Somebody got in trouble this weekend.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2004, 03:03:13 PM »

not this weekend, but I have in the past. I once got pulled over in Worthington (this small city in southwest Minnesota) just because I was driving there after 2 am. The cops detained me for about a half hour and searched my car for drugs and weapons. They seemed almost pissed when nothing came up.

I'd rather  have the cops do busy to do sh**t like that.
danwxman

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »

not this weekend, but I have in the past. I once got pulled over in Worthington (this small city in southwest Minnesota) just because I was driving there after 2 am. The cops detained me for about a half hour and searched my car for drugs and weapons. They seemed almost pissed when nothing came up.

I'd rather  have the cops do busy to do sh**t like that.

Yea I know, kidding man. I do agree with you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2004, 03:06:09 PM »

Still, someone explain why San Francisco needs conservative leadership.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's a very nice place to live, and has much less crime than most cities of its size.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2004, 03:12:36 PM »

And I find it undesirable living in a city that will get you mugged twice a day, maybe killed, stabbed, and robbed.  New York City is not a nice place.  Neither is San Francisco.

Actually, I've been to both places, San Francisco for about two days and NYC for a week.  Both places had very nice people in them and I couldn't really say that I felt that afraid at all.  I never had any incidents whatsoever.  The reports of their being hellholes where you'll get stabbed in the back and mugged within an hour are way overblown.

The reports of traffic being horrible are true, however.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2004, 03:14:43 PM »

anti-urban people love to exaggerate and portray big cities as places were you see people blowing each other up on the streets and muggers on every corner. that's very far from the truth. cities are superior to suburbs and boring rural areas in all ways.
danwxman

« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2004, 03:15:44 PM »

AHHHH!!!!! YOU JUST BLEW OUR CHANCES IN '08!! lol
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2004, 03:19:49 PM »

NYC is a fantastic place to hang out, but I've never lived there.  we've been in a town of about 30,000 now for a couple months.  I have to say I miss lots of things about a more densely populated area, but not the noise/pollution.  Hard call, but on balance, I'd say I'm a city boy at heart.  ML baseball, sports, libraries, museums, lots to do in cities.  Don't see staying in such a small town too long.  Nothing wrong with rural/small town people, though.  To each his own, I say. 
danwxman

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2004, 03:21:43 PM »

NYC is a fantastic place to hang out, but I've never lived there.  we've been in a town of about 30,000 now for a couple months.  I have to say I miss lots of things about a more densely populated area, but not the noise/pollution.  Hard call, but on balance, I'd say I'm a city boy at heart.  ML baseball, sports, libraries, museums, lots to do in cities.  Don't see staying in such a small town too long.  Nothing wrong with rural/small town people, though.  To each his own, I say. 

As much as I love big cities, I love medium sized cities like Harrisburg even more. You get the dense urban culture, all your reps are Democrat, and you can escape to the country in a matter of minutes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies