Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:38:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)  (Read 19888 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2004, 03:58:17 PM »

Actaully no. You can prove people are born Black, you cannot prove people are born homosexual. Until you can, Statesrights is entitled to his opinion.

But people can become unblack.  Look at Michael Jackson.

Plus I bet some whacko scientist has done something chemical to figure out that people are born gay.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2004, 04:00:02 PM »

Actaully no. You can prove people are born Black, you cannot prove people are born homosexual. Until you can, Statesrights is entitled to his opinion.

But people can become unblack.  Look at Michael Jackson.

Plus I bet some whacko scientist has done something chemical to figure out that people are born gay.

Then by your logic people can become ungay, correct?

No there is no scientific evidence to suggest gays are born gay. It's an unprovable theory.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2004, 04:03:53 PM »

Then by your logic people can become ungay, correct?

No there is no scientific evidence to suggest gays are born gay. It's an unprovable theory.

Take it from a common sense point of view, if you have any.

Would anyone CHOOSE to be gay?  Choose to be denied marraige rights?  Choose to put themselves in a siuation where having sex is illegal?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »

You don't chose pedophilia, either.

Gays can get "married" in whatever church they want, as long as it's okay with the church. Stop trying to force your bigoted views on society.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2004, 04:09:55 PM »

Gays can get "married" in whatever church they want, as long as it's okay with the church. Stop trying to force your bigoted views on society.

The bills that are being passed deny government recognization of gay marraiges, which is all that matters.  What the curch thinks doesn't matter.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2004, 04:12:57 PM »

What the curch thinks doesn't matter.

It does to gay Christians.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2004, 04:14:57 PM »

An Oxy Moron...much like Pro Choice Christian.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2004, 04:15:55 PM »

Yeah. We aren't going to recognize two gays as married, and it's not their right to force us to recognize it.

If two gays want to go live together, that's fine with me. If I hated gays, I'd say go ahead and have gay marriage.

The point is, people can change for the better and they shouldn't be trapped in a "gay marriage" when they do.

The definition of marriage is no more bigoted than any other definition: it is what it is, and nothing else. We don't call cows bigotry because the definition doesn't allow for cats.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2004, 04:16:21 PM »

but financial benefits is the discrimination.  The church is a private institution, and if a church denies marraige rights to somebody, it really doesn't matter.  But if you deny somebodu what is potentials thousands of year bcecause of their sexual orientation, that could lead to the lower class of america consisting of mainly homosexuals, simply becauxse of their sexual orientation.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2004, 04:18:05 PM »

Yeah. We aren't going to recognize two gays as married, and it's not their right to force us to recognize it.

If two gays want to go live together, that's fine with me. If I hated gays, I'd say go ahead and have gay marriage.

The point is, people can change for the better and they shouldn't be trapped in a "gay marriage" when they do.

The definition of marriage is no more bigoted than any other definition: it is what it is, and nothing else. We don't call cows bigotry because the definition doesn't allow for cats.

But it is the religous definiton of marraige that defines marraige as between a man or a woman. 

IT has no bearing on your life if two gays receive financial benefits.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2004, 04:19:29 PM »

Who is 'us'?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2004, 04:20:55 PM »

Er... now is the time for all of you to stick the kettle on and have a cuppa and a sit down
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2004, 04:21:52 PM »

Us = great majority of Americans who think marriage is a sacred institution

What "financial benefits" are you talking about? They shouldn't get special treatment.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2004, 04:23:34 PM »

Here's where I come down on ya. Homosexuality is a sin, no doubt about it. But to say it is a major sin is ridiculous. It cannot even begin to be compared to abortion. I see homosexuality as a sin comparable to alcoholism. Both are breifly condemned in the Bible and both have similar characteristics.

So can one be an alcoholic and a Christian? Obviously the answer is yes. Can one be a homosexual and a Christian? In my opinion, yes.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2004, 04:27:57 PM »

Here's where I come down on ya. Homosexuality is a sin, no doubt about it. But to say it is a major sin is ridiculous. It cannot even begin to be compared to abortion. I see homosexuality as a sin comparable to alcoholism. Both are breifly condemned in the Bible and both have similar characteristics.

So can one be an alcoholic and a Christian? Obviously the answer is yes. Can one be a homosexual and a Christian? In my opinion, yes.

So you can be a Christian and believe you will go to heaven if you willfully continue to sin? Now if a homosexual renounced their disgusting actions and begged forgiveness then they could go to heaven. If they kept committing the abomination then no they can't.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2004, 04:31:10 PM »

You hit the nail on the head yet again, Tweed.

Though of course the same sort of mental disorder applies to all of Them.

Mormonism is a mental disorder?  See, this is why you guys are not winning elections.  You proclaim religious freedom for all, as long as it is only a concept and no one takes you up on that offer.  I get the feeling that Democrats feel democracy is good only if hundreds of thousands of born-again Christians don't turn up to vote.

You can't have it both ways.  Keep this attitude up and you will never win an election for the rest of your lives.

There is no Democrat or Republican on this board who speaks for more than himself or herself.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2004, 04:32:30 PM »

So you can be a Christian and believe you will go to heaven if you willfully continue to sin? Now if a homosexual renounced their disgusting actions and begged forgiveness then they could go to heaven. If they kept committing the abomination then no they can't.

You call their actions disgusting not because they are sinful, but because of your own predjudices. This is what eeks me when the christian-right denounces homosexuality and focus on it in a major way. More often than not thier criticisms have more to do with personal feelings versus scriptural teaching.

Do you believe an alcoholic can go to heaven? According to the Bible it is a sin, and is mentioned more times than homosexuality. Can cigarette smokers go to heaven? That is obviously self-mutilation, a sinful act also mentioned more times in the Bible.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2004, 04:33:15 PM »

I happen to speak for a lot of people when I say I only speak for myself.

Smoking isn't sinful.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2004, 04:34:22 PM »

To repeat: Er... now is the time for all of you to stick the kettle on and have a cuppa and a sit down
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2004, 04:35:33 PM »

You call their actions disgusting not because they are sinful, but because of your own predjudices. This is what eeks me when the christian-right denounces homosexuality and focus on it in a major way. More often than not thier criticisms have more to do with personal feelings versus scriptural teaching.

Do you believe an alcoholic can go to heaven? According to the Bible it is a sin, and is mentioned more times than homosexuality. Can cigarette smokers go to heaven? That is obviously self-mutilation, a sinful act also mentioned more times in the Bible.

Homosexuality much like alcoholism is slapping God in the face, plain and simple. If a child acts up and you tell him/her no and they continue to keep being bad and they keep telling you, "I'm sorry" at what point would you quit believing them?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2004, 04:36:40 PM »

Yeah, a gay Christian wouldn't get married to a guy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2004, 04:38:22 PM »

To repeat: Er... now is the time for all of you to stick the kettle on and have a cuppa and a sit down

Depends on the brand of tea? Wink I'm all for Earl Grey. Smiley
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2004, 04:38:49 PM »

Homosexuality much like alcoholism is slapping God in the face, plain and simple. If a child acts up and you tell him/her no and they continue to keep being bad and they keep telling you, "I'm sorry" at what point would you quit believing them?

Any sin is slapping God in the face, and yet we all continually do it.

Now to Philip, any Church that marries gays is obviously blasphemous.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2004, 04:41:06 PM »

True enough.  But the goal of faith in God is to better us and I can not understand how intentionally committing a sinful act can be acceptable and then expect God to forgive you for it.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2004, 04:44:41 PM »

True enough.  But the goal of faith in God is to better us and I can not understand how intentionally committing a sinful act can be acceptable and then expect God to forgive you for it.

I didn't say it was acceptable! I said somebody can be gay and a Christian, like somebody can be an alcoholic and a Christian. It's wrong, and churches should teach that it's wrong, but my point is that it isn't nearly as bad as some would like to make it out to be, nor does it exclude you from God's family.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies