Comedy Goldmine & Robin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:11:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine & Robin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine & Robin  (Read 145061 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2010, 01:32:10 AM »

Hard to get much more funny than the delusional blather of a certain poster in this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=124757.0

Though I suppose for patrick it's more likely to be a cause of high blood pressure.

Libby is one of the worst debaters I have ever encountered (and I once competed in a novice debate tournament).
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2010, 01:35:22 AM »

Hard to get much more funny than the delusional blather of a certain poster in this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=124757.0

Though I suppose for patrick it's more likely to be a cause of high blood pressure.

Libby is one of the worst debaters I have ever encountered (and I once competed in a novice debate tournament).

His "debate" with Al over Rand Paul is pretty side-splitting when you read it for the first time.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2010, 01:40:43 AM »

His "debate" with Al over Rand Paul is pretty side-splitting when you read it for the first time.

I'm not sure it can even be called a "debate" with quotes.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2010, 04:13:19 AM »

This was legitimately funny:

This:
Oh, definitely Osama? Because you've studied exactly what the real Osama bin Laden looked like and could tell who he is immediately from a mysterious low-quality video that somehow manages to show up on fedgov's doorstep? Riiiight....

Not to mention they could easily change the audio track even if they did use a video of the real Osama, to make him say what they wanted him to say.

I haven't, but plenty of experts (not just Government experts) have, and they all agree it's Osama, and that he is saying the things the video records him as saying.  And the video's aren't that low quality; nor did they just magically appear on the government's doorstep.

More vague allegations. Oh, "plenty of experts agree".

This is basically what the whole official 9/11 conspiracy theory is based on. Vague allegations built upon vague allegations
which people use to justify in their minds what would otherwise appear to be a blatantly absurd theory put forth by the Bush administration.

Shortly followed by this:

What is the strawman? Your facts are wrong and your reading comprehension was terrible on the blogger evidence you put forward.  There is video evidence of the planes hitting the buildings and the engineering facts explain how the towers fell.  Comprehensive works are out there explaining in detail how this transpired.  I don't see any valid evidence or scenarios that cannot be shot down without much effort from your "side".  How was your theory done and by whom and by what means?  

There are comprehensive works out there explaining why the official story could not have happened, and comprehensive works which explicitly refute the "refuters".

I don't deal in conspiracy theories; I deal in conspiracy facts. And the fact of the matter is, the official government story behind 9/11 is full of gaping holes. There are too many unanswered questions; there needs to be a new and independent investigation into the whole affair.

I've highlighted for emphasis.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:54 AM »

So you got owned by "one of the worst debaters" you have ever encountered? That's pretty embarrassing.

Oh, and Gus, you win, that has to be probably the most unfunny thing ever posted in this thread.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2010, 04:25:36 AM »

one of the worst debaters I have ever encountered (and I once competed in a novice debate tournament).
Okay, this is the only vaguely amusing thing on the entire page.

I declare this Goldmine depleted.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2010, 04:30:44 AM »

So you got owned by "one of the worst debaters" you have ever encountered? That's pretty embarrassing.

Oh, and Gus, you win, that has to be probably the most unfunny thing ever posted in this thread.

It's funny that you say "plenty of experts agree" is too vague and follow this by saying "there are comprehensive works out there, etc" since that is just as vague and vague in the exact same way.

I always find it funny when people defeat their own arguments while I can just watch them. But that may be because I do a bit of competitive debating myself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2010, 04:32:01 AM »

Libby's clockwork-like appearances in the Goldmine minutes after being entered into it are goldmine-worthy on their own.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2010, 04:35:54 AM »

It's funny that you say "plenty of experts agree" is too vague and follow this by saying "there are comprehensive works out there, etc" since that is just as vague and vague in the exact same way.

I always find it funny when people defeat their own arguments while I can just watch them. But that may be because I do a bit of competitive debating myself.

If you want to just take statements completely out of context and ignore what I was actually responding to, maybe.

It's still hilariously unfunny except in the irony of it being posted here.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:02 AM »

Libby's clockwork-like appearances in the Goldmine minutes after being entered into it are goldmine-worthy on their own.
No, they're sad and unfunny.

But so are most of the contributions about him.

I say we make quoting Libertas in the Goldmine and posting in the Goldmine by Libertas into infractable offenses.

Applied retroactively. Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2010, 06:59:14 AM »

If you want to just take statements completely out of context and ignore what I was actually responding to, maybe.

It's still hilariously unfunny except in the irony of it being posted here.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone arguing in Goldmine?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »

No doubt. Bush loved helping to further enrich his corporate buddies just as much as Obama does.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »

Based on quadratic regression I did on polls on this race from June until now, I think that Angle is headed for a lot of momentum in the next month.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »

Based on quadratic regression I did on polls on this race from June until now, I think that Angle is headed for a lot of momentum in the next month.

I don't get it?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »

I don't get it?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2010, 09:34:28 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=125339.0
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2010, 12:33:44 PM »

DeMint said if someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend — she shouldn't be in the classroom.

“(When I said those things,) no one came to my defense,” he said. “But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion.”

Wow, I knew he had developed a reputation as an "anti-Pork" zealot, but I guess I thought the phrase meant something else entirely.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »

It's this year's October surprise!

On the return of Phil.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »

From a political standpoint, I have now seen it all.

I have argued with you on virtually everything, and disagree with you on virtually nothing, but glad to see you back.

Glad to be back, Smash. Glad to be back.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2010, 01:35:31 AM »

Even my fellow conservatives have to admit...what's wrong with a woman who's a fantastic teacher during the day...

...and a naughty teacher at night?

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2010, 02:16:35 PM »

Naso is like the veteran troll popping in occasionally to show the kids how it's done.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »

Naso is like the veteran troll popping in occasionally to show the kids how it's done.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

Actually, Morgan, THIS is the Comedy Goldmine portion of that thread: Wink

I was looking at other apartments available and found there are possibly some cheaper to the west of here. Of course I had to look at the precinct they are in. My precinct is 89% Obama. Well this area is more like 87.5% Obama. This made me suddenly think "ugh, now I don't want to move there."

89% versus 87.5%?  Are you telling me that 1.5% of the population there didn't vote for Obama? 
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2010, 08:40:28 AM »

I have never gone fishing, though I would like to some day. Perhaps I can come visit China one day, and you and I can fish in a Chinese lake together. What say you, friend?
That would be good . Your country used to be famous for machine gun,didn't it?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:50 AM »

It would be terrible if this policy had an exception for if a human being was in the fire. That would create an incentive for poor people to stay in the house in order to save their property.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies