Comedy Goldmine & Robin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine & Robin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine & Robin  (Read 145022 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: September 06, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »

I laughed.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »

The "Tea Party", in a larger sense, is mainly a conglomeration of large parts of the GOP base in the suburbs and exurbs who have essentially revolted against both the Bush and Obama establishment orthodoxy.  They may not even know it yet, or understand it, but it's what that is.

You have seen much young Jedi..... the wool is being lifted from your eyes, the truth is all around you.....

Huh?  I've been saying this for the last 12 months or so.
What's funny about that? (Oh, and the Tea Party thingie being suburban-based and lacking any kind of outreach to non-Republicans is hardly news.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:25:36 AM »

one of the worst debaters I have ever encountered (and I once competed in a novice debate tournament).
Okay, this is the only vaguely amusing thing on the entire page.

I declare this Goldmine depleted.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 04:42:02 AM »

Libby's clockwork-like appearances in the Goldmine minutes after being entered into it are goldmine-worthy on their own.
No, they're sad and unfunny.

But so are most of the contributions about him.

I say we make quoting Libertas in the Goldmine and posting in the Goldmine by Libertas into infractable offenses.

Applied retroactively. Grin
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:54 AM »

I've only ever advocated feeding the Christians to lions (before it was illegal to do so on this forum - obviously now I love the Christians and the lions equally, and in fact would like to feed the lions to the Christians to make up for my former thoughtcrime). 
As a catlover, I take offense to that!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »

He's like a drunk uncle at a wedding. The one who tries to grope the bride. Who's his own niece.
My cover is blown!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 08:36:17 AM »

I can't tell if he's serious or not...

You can tell BRTD isn't really involved in politics.

Uh, do you have any clue how much doorknocking and phonebanking I did this season? Probably not as much as you (as I have a non-political job taking up much of my time as well), but a hell of a lot. I even woke up before 8AM on Election Day for that.
Dead serious.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

Cute repost.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 06:13:08 AM »

Afleitch finally explodes Wink :

Here is my view of DADT

I happen to agree with this repeal. First let me say this, I'm a strong Christian, but I'm also politically-independent. I have a very weird view on this. First off, I HATE homosexuality, it goes against everything the Lord my God teaches. However, I have to agree with Hillary Clinton when she said "You don't have to be straight to shoot straight". I come at it from a defense point of view. We have lost many strategic and key people in our military because of DADT. For example, we have had several soldiers who could translate Arabic, the predominate language of the muslim terrorists, be discharged because of their sexual orientation.  I think this move actually does strengthen our defenses.  If you want to talk about our morality slipping, it flew out the window ages ago.  Plus, I don't think my God wants me to discriminate against anyone.  I am called to love people.  I love the sinner, but hate the sin.  Homosexuality is no more severe of a sin than telling a little white lie.  The consequences may be more severe, but in God's eyes, a sin is a sin is a sin and it doesn't matter whether you miss heaven by a half inch or 100,000 miles. The fact is, you still missed it.  If we banned homosexuality in the military, then to be fair, we'd have to ban everyone who has told a lie, which just about encompasses everybody.  So, that's my view on the situation.

This is not meant to offend anyone, just gives my views.

You go against everything I believe in quite frankly; in how you treat your working life, your family and your relationships. You are a model to the forum in how not to live your life.

Haha, Thanks for sharing!!  I know I do things a heck of a lot differently than most people, and I could stand to learn a few things in a few areas.  I'm not disappointed in myself or anything like that.  In fact, right now, I have a lot of joy in my life.  Joy unspeakable.

Did you even read what I wrote? You think you can stand on a high ground and say you 'HATE' homosexuality (and as it is in uncompromisable part of my being, by extension you are making claims against me as a person) and then throw in a 'haha' to someone calling you out on your own shambolic, ego driven greedy existance.

You are not a model of humanity Bushie; you are a sorry excuse for a man forever in a state of arrested development permanently attached to the tete of anyone around you for support and succour while being captivated by the shiny pennies of scammers and people who want to f-ck up your entire existance. And when things go wrong you fix on your innane grin and raise out your platitudes to an empty sky. And then have the gall to think you have the slighest clue, have the slightest iota of what human relationships in everything from sex to business are all about. You fail at just about everyone you forge or you jeopardise it for a quick path to marriage and sex or for a quick buck.

I don't give a gold plated, cherry flavoured f-ck what you think about anything you open your gullible mouth about.

tl;dr
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 11:59:59 AM »

Pbrower does it again but this one really has me scratching my head. Talking about Santorum...

He's an Italian-American, so he ought to have some affinities to Latin-American voters. (Uh, no, Mexican-Americans, Cuban-Americans, and Puerto Ricans don't generally consider themselves to have strong affinities to Italy).

So he totally made up this idea that people think Santorum being an Italian - American means he has some connection to Latinos and then goes on to state that that's obviously not true. It has gotten pretty bad for this guy that he knows has to make up ridiculous points to discredit in order to appear intelligent.

That's stupid but not funny. Would be better here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=99417.0
It belongs in the wtfhmine, should we ever maintain one.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 04:37:55 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2011, 12:30:17 PM by HCPIAFM »

You guys know this thread is fake, right?

This thread isn't fake.  I even have a link to it:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=131947.0

Those are all real posts.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »

Three in a row - and people ask what's so new and improved about me!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 04:32:31 AM »

What a pro-Russian thing to say! How was the catholic girl you ate out for breakfast?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 04:37:16 AM »

Telling everyone how Palin does is like telling people the end of Sixth Sense, ruining what would have been an amazing show.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 03:58:56 PM »

Absolutely. It's funny coz it's true.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

No idea, but I hope they didn't infract him for that piece of excessive hyperbole.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 03:33:25 AM »

Thanks px! I aim to please.

And now a post from one of my favorite novelty accounts:

The high amount of overweight people in this country is a serious problem. That is why I do my part by allowing heckling of fat kids in my classroom. Sometimes I'll dock points off a test if the student is fat.
Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies