Annoying Highlighting Issue.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:18:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  Annoying Highlighting Issue.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Annoying Highlighting Issue.  (Read 3502 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »

I want to highlight a word or a sentence to copy and paste it somewhere, and the whole site above that point gets highlighted. What is causing this? The only other time I have experienced it was when I logged on from my high school and never from my home computer. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:06:42 PM »

It's always done that on my computer. I'm not sure why.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:53:07 PM »

I remembered only having that problem with IE
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »

Its probably because I am using IE 6 (came default on the machine) instead of IE 8 which I just downloaded recently too. Damn it. This whole thing just pisses me off so much. Angry
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »

Why would you download IE? I only use it because I don't feel like downloading a good browser.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »

Ah that explains it. You use IE. Switch to a half decent browser ASAP.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »

Ah that explains it. You use IE. Switch to a half decent browser ASAP.

I had IE before I changed Hard Drives and it didn't do this.

Why would you download IE? I only use it because I don't feel like downloading a good browser.

IE wouldn't work for months on my computer, so I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and couldn't get it to work either. So I deleted it. You can't really get rid of IE because Windows embedds the damn thing in Windows. You can delete the program but a lot of it will stay on the computer. So if Firefox didn't work just like IE  didn't, I saw no reason to keep it.

I would have lost it anyway when I changed Hard Drives.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 08:53:03 AM »

get Chrome
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »

Fixed.Wink
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »

Its probably because I am using IE 6 (came default on the machine) instead of IE 8 which I just downloaded recently too. Damn it. This whole thing just pisses me off so much. Angry

It does happen on IE 6.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

Downloaded IE 8, problem Solved.

It does happen on IE 6.

Now we know, but thanks, had I not solved you came the closer to providing real help. Wink

Cease your shameless marketing. Tongue I have never had a problem with IE that didn't also happen with Firefox and a bunch of other garbage everyone says, "I need".

The beauty of it is, I found one that is optimized both for Windows XP and for AOL so I didn't have to do a damn thing except download and install it. Last time I downloaded the plain IE 8 and I had to spend several hours configuring it. Also the reason why I won't be downloading alternatives.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »

Cease your shameless marketing. Tongue I have never had a problem with IE that didn't also happen with Firefox and a bunch of other garbage everyone says, "I need".

The beauty of it is, I found one that is optimized both for Windows XP and for AOL so I didn't have to do a damn thing except download and install it. Last time I downloaded the plain IE 8 and I had to spend several hours configuring it. Also the reason why I won't be downloading alternatives.

See there's your problem, you're using AOL.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 10:10:20 PM »

It does happen on IE 6.

Now we know, but thanks, had I not solved you came the closer to providing real help. Wink

I know because I'm typing from a computer with IE 6 right now. The highlighting issue isn't a problem if you're highlingting the contents of a text box, however.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

And who are you working for, Netzero? Tongue Oh, sure AOL mickey moused the mechanics of the old Hard drive, really. The cause of all my problems is AOL. Should of known. Roll Eyes

It does happen on IE 6.

I know because I'm typing from a computer with IE 6 right now. The highlighting issue isn't a problem if you're highlingting the contents of a text box, however.

The school computers at my high school must have had IE 6 is well. If its a computer you or someone you know owns, I would suggest downloading and upgrade for to IE 8. I would also suggest finding one optimized for your OS and ISP.

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 10:36:11 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2010, 11:14:53 PM by Mideast Assemblyman True Conservative »

It does happen on IE 6.

The school computers at my high school must have had IE 6 is well. If its a computer you or someone you know owns, I would suggest downloading and upgrade for to IE 8. I would also suggest finding one optimized for your OS and ISP.

In most cases, I do work with IE 6 for school purposes. Tongue Otherwise, I have IE 7, but I won't be upgrading to IE 8.

That reminds me, Microsoft is now working on IE 9. They're finally moving away from Windows XP, too (and I reckon it won't work on Windows 2003 either; it requires Windows Vista or later).
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »

And who are you working for, Netzero? Tongue Oh, sure AOL mickey moused the mechanics of the old Hard drive, really. The cause of all my problems is AOL. Should of known. Roll Eyes

No, but AOL is likely why you don't have success using a vanilla version of IE or Firefox or <insert name of other browser here>.  AOL does a number of kludgy things because their internal network was NOT designed using the standard Internet protocols.  For the most part their kludges work, but they do make it difficult to access the Internet using anything other than their software unless you like mucking around with computer configurations.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2010, 01:25:14 AM »

Lol, the reason why I use Safari is because IE8 ****ed me over so many times I just got pissed off and downloaded the closest browser that I could find.Tongue
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 10:56:36 PM »

I also had that problem on IE a couple of years ago. It's fine on current IE and firefox.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies