INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Author Topic: INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE)  (Read 174028 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »
« edited: September 04, 2010, 10:22:57 PM by The Only Halfway-Sane Moderator Left »

40% - Alan Grayson (D-Inc.)
27% - Daniel Webster (R)
23% - Others
11% - Undecided

The sole questions in the poll were the “horse race” question, party registration, age, gender and ethnicity. Public Policy Polling, of Raleigh, NC, conducted the poll. It was an automated telephone survey of 1589 registered voters in FL-8. The margin of error is 2.4%.

http://salsa.mydccc.org/o/30019/t/270/p/salsa/web/common/public/content?content_item_KEY=235

Maybe the Tea Party candidate is hurting Webster there, but 23% looks odd ...
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »

LOL.  The man is proudly demonstrating on his website the fact that a high-profile incumbent like himself is winning only 40% of the voters in the district.  I'm willing to bet 80-90% of those "Others" and "Undecideds" lean Republican (given that close to 45% of Self-identified Republicans apparently aren't yet backing Webster) and will come home for Webster in November.  No way Grayson, of all Democrats, is going to win 4-1 among independent voters.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:04:28 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2010, 10:20:36 PM by The Only Halfway-Sane Moderator Left »

Okay, I'm tired of opening a new thread for every internal poll, so I'm just going to start posting them all in one place. Starting with this one:

Heath Shuler/NC-11:

Heath Shuler (D) - 51
Jeff Miller (R) - 34

Feel free to do the same.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »

Another fraudulent poll that identifies a no-chance-in-hell independent as a "Tea Party" candidate, huh?
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »

Okay, I'm tired of opening a new thread for every internal poll, so I'm just going to start posting them all in one place. Starting with this one:

Heath Shuler/NC-11:

Heath Shuler (D) - 51
Jeff Miller (R) - 34

Feel free to do the same.

if this poll is an internal, the race is closer than I expected =/
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »

I don't trust this poll at all. 23% other in a race where you would think conservatives and right leaning independents would be jumping at the chance to say they support Grayson's opponent is crazy. Sad to see PPP allowing themselves to be used as an obviously sh**tty internal poll.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 11:47:20 AM »

This is a great idea, but I fear that it's slightly redundant -- the only real House polls we're likely to see are going to be internals.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:40 PM »

This is a great idea, but I fear that it's slightly redundant -- the only real House polls we're likely to see are going to be internals.

But said internals should not distract us from the ones that actually matter, the non-internals.

Support this idea.
DS0816
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

If Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Florida #08) wins re-election, in a Republian Wave election year, it will be another example of Washington, D.C. Democrats having made a fatal mistake of acting like The New Republicans. Most of the losses, in the House, will come from the Blue Dogs. The … "centrists."
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »

FL-25/Joe Garcia:

Joe Garcia (D) - 40
David Rivera (R) - 36

There's also one for CT-04/Dan Debicella that's being bounced around, with no actual source:

Jim Himes (D) - 42
Dan Debicella (R) - 38
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

I guess that FL-25 poll is right. garcia can win this election. the year is bad for democrats, I know. but garcia can appeal to the Republican cuban-americans.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 06:45:09 PM »

If this poll is accurate, does it mean that voters prefer a person who has real principles than one who "becomes" a conservative to be reelected??
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 06:50:42 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2010, 06:52:14 PM by Verily »

If this poll is accurate, does it mean that voters prefer a person who has real principles than one who "becomes" a conservative to be reelected??

It's no shock that voters like pugnacious politicians, something some Republicans, but very few Democrats save Grayson, seem to have learned as a campaign tactic. Further bad news for governance, though, even if one agrees with Grayson.

I've always had a hunch that Grayson would be reelected fairly solidly, although this poll does not appear to prove anything.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »

See my post above.  The Fact that he's actually under-polling by so so much in this district (40% is one of the lowest I've seen for an incumbent Democrat this cycle) suggest that his "lead" comes far more from a fractured opposition than from his own likability or support.  Let me make a bet that the 23% in this poll that supports an "Other" candidate aren't referring to the Green party ticket line.

I'll bet he loses, at best (for him) 45-55 in November.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2010, 07:35:48 AM »

See my post above.  The Fact that he's actually under-polling by so so much in this district (40% is one of the lowest I've seen for an incumbent Democrat this cycle) suggest that his "lead" comes far more from a fractured opposition than from his own likability or support.  Let me make a bet that the 23% in this poll that supports an "Other" candidate aren't referring to the Green party ticket line.

I'll bet he loses, at best (for him) 45-55 in November.

I think grayson will be reelected. he has the money, and the charisma. and his district is not that conservative.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »

I think grayson will be reelected. he has the money, and the charisma. and his district is not that conservative.

This guy has all the charm of Bob Dornan.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »

Cool.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »

Is David Rivera the crazy one who's been on the blogs/news so much lately? If so, than that numbers not totally surprising.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 01:22:06 PM »

Grayson seems kind of slimy on a personal level. I'm pulling for him just because him winning would annoy right-wingers.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 01:52:25 PM »

Is David Rivera the crazy one who's been on the blogs/news so much lately? If so, than that numbers not totally surprising.

The one that beat up his girlfriend and then drove his car into a truck transporting his opponent's mailers attacking him for beating up his girlfriend, yes.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

I want to see some polling of NY-20 and NY-19, preferably non-internal polling, but I'll take what I can get.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »

The poll has 5% going for a random "tea party" candidate. Not gonna happen.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »

Don't be so sure.  This is the only Democratic strategy this cycle that might actually work for them.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »

Don't be so sure.  This is the only Democratic strategy this cycle that might actually work for them.

When the only strategy that might work for you is affixing the "tea party" label to random dead-in-the-water independents who won't have any such label on the November ballot so as to deflate the numbers of your opponents in internal polls, you know you're in trouble.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 10:05:21 PM »

I think Grayson's funny - his views are atrocious, but he says some of that stuff that you guys will one day wish he had not.  I would almost say re-elect him, but we need every person to pitch in to repeal Obamacare.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies