Democratic party and supporters on this board are nuts.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:54:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic party and supporters on this board are nuts.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic party and supporters on this board are nuts.  (Read 3394 times)
Pollwatch99

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2004, 02:01:19 PM »

Just look at the numbers, in the last 60 years,  the democratic candidates have gotten above 50% just 2 out of 15 times.  That is 13.3% of the time.  The candidates were LBJ and Jimmy Carter.  Note: not Northeastern liberals candidates but southern democrats.

The ICON's of the democratic party Truman, Kennedy, and Clinton received under 50% of the popular vote.

Bush's 51% of the vote is a greater percentage of the vote than any democratic candidate except LBJ.  That means 1 out of the last 15 elections( 6.7%) has a democratic candidate done better than Bush's PV percentage.

60 years and 15 presidential elections is enough to say that when you fail to get 50% of the PV, 86.7% of the time that the Democratic party is a true minority party.  Still that will not stop the intellectual elitism on this board, that Bush voters must are ignorant, dumb, or religious zealots.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 02:05:35 PM »

Just look at the numbers, in the last 60 years,  the democratic candidates have gotten above 50% just 2 out of 15 times.  That is 13.3% of the time.  The candidates were LBJ and Jimmy Carter.  Note: not Northeastern liberals candidates but southern democrats.

The ICON's of the democratic party Truman, Kennedy, and Clinton received under 50% of the popular vote.

Bush's 51% of the vote is a greater percentage of the vote than any democratic candidate except LBJ.  That means 1 out of the last 15 elections( 6.7%) has a democratic candidate done better than Bush's PV percentage.

60 years and 15 presidential elections is enough to say that when you fail to get 50% of the PV, 86.7% of the time that the Democratic party is a true minority party.  Still that will not stop the intellectual elitism on this board, that Bush voters must are ignorant, dumb, or religious zealots.

Yes, the majority of americans are ignorant, dumb, and religious zealots.  Is this news to anyone?
Sulfur
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 02:09:22 PM »

Only two Democratic presidents in the last century have gotten a larger percentage of the vote than this president, actually. They're FDR and LBJ.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 03:29:39 PM »

Yes, the majority of americans are ignorant, dumb, and religious zealots.  Is this news to anyone?

Troll.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 03:56:04 PM »

I appreciate your switch.  You made a good move.  While I agree with you in part, maybe you could have worded it better.  I would make it sound like why do you guys need to force your religious beliefs on us?  Or why is gay marriage or abortion more important than the economy?  That's how Clinton won!
shankbear

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 04:02:14 PM »

Opebo........

ALERT!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!!

OPEBO gets the ULTIMATE CRAPWEASEL AWARD!!!!!

He is the most biggoted unAmerican contributor on this board.  He hates religion and fears it with a passion.  Says that Americans are stupid and ignorant.  He simply shows his stupidity and ignorance.

UCW!!!!!

UCW!!!!!

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 04:11:33 PM »

Opebo........

ALERT!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!!

He is the most biggoted unAmerican contributor on this board.  He hates religion and fears it with a passion.  Says that Americans are stupid and ignorant.  He simply shows his stupidity and ignorance.

UCW!!!!!

UCW!!!!!

I concur with this.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 04:29:45 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2004, 04:31:43 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

There are a few good ones left, but it seems like the majority are either just angry, miserable liberals or the kind that really do see America as the bad guy. I knew some of them would do this when the election results really started to sink in.

Opebo, btw, is now a troll. He contributes nothing to the board but the same 1 or 2 insults repeated over and over. I wonder if it does any good to report people, as I haven't yet done it?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 04:38:04 PM »

If this post had a point, I missed it.  There's absolutely nothing to be gained by lumping a huge group of people into one cluster and then insulting them all as a whole.

I believe what I do because it makes sense to me, not because it's the popular opinion.  If it happens to also be the popular opinion, well, good for me.  I don't identify with the Democratic Party because I want to win elections.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 05:04:04 PM »

I took your point.  I figured they'd be able to gracefully admit defeat.  I am astonished at some of the posters on this board as well.

For about five seconds, I could feel the love.  That didn't last long though. 

Let 'em bitch.  They're frustrated.  You'd be too. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 05:13:48 PM »

Opebo........

ALERT!!!!! ALERT!!!!!!!!

UCW!!!!!

UCW!!!!!

Who says its an unacceptable opinion to dislike the majority of Americans?  Seems perfectly reasonable and valid to me.. and not even extreme.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 05:19:36 PM »

For about five seconds, I could feel the love.  That didn't last long though.

Tell me about it.

Reason and courtesy appear to be overrated...
shankbear

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2004, 05:23:07 PM »

It's perfectly acceptable to ask that you pack your crapweasel bags and get on board Crapweasel Airlines non-stop to The Republic of Crapweaselia.  While there eat crap and bark at the moon.

Hide behind your biggoted little keyboard and flame off hate spewage against the good old USA. 

Enjoy your hate...feel your hate....love your hate....embrace your hate.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 05:26:51 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2004, 05:48:02 PM by Gabu »

It's perfectly acceptable to ask that you pack your crapweasel bags and get on board Crapweasel Airlines non-stop to The Republic of Crapweaselia.

Careful; intense thought dedicated to thinking of intelligent, mature insults might give you high blood pressure. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2004, 05:45:21 PM »

It's perfectly acceptable to ask that you pack your crapweasel bags and get on board Crapweasel Airlines non-stop to The Republic of Crapweaselia.  While there eat crap and bark at the moon.

Hide behind your biggoted little keyboard and flame off hate spewage against the good old USA. 

Enjoy your hate...feel your hate....love your hate....embrace your hate.

I left before the Election.  Believe me, I wouldn't be hurrying back even if Kerry had won.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2004, 08:48:02 PM »

I believe what I do because it makes sense to me, not because it's the popular opinion.  If it happens to also be the popular opinion, well, good for me.  I don't identify with the Democratic Party because I want to win elections.

And so do I.  Thanks for making sense. 

Some Dems need to wake up and realize that, though they're surely bitter about the result of this election, they lost fairly and insulting the other side won't help them in the future.  Those stupid, religious zealots happen to be the majority who won this round.  While too many Dems are feigning disbelief, they should be reaching out.

Gabu, thankfully, is one of our enlightened Democrats who truly supports freedom of choice.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 09:35:40 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2004, 10:43:28 PM by Senator IrishDemocrat »

I'm going to tell you the problems I have with the current GOP.

Locally:

1.  You tie every Democrat to John Street.  That's why Allyson Schwartz won and Kerry carried relatively conservative Northeast Philly handily.

2.  Perzel, Kenney and Meehan are no choir boys.  They love to squawk and b!itch about Street, but are equally as evil.  See the Philadelphia parking Authority.  They also want SEPTA and the Philly Int'l Airport. 

3.  You guys think the GOP is the automatic savior of the city.  Any thoughts other than conservative ones are invaild.  We know there's incompetence and cronyism in the Democratic party in Philadelphia, but we see it in you guys as well.  BOO HISS!     

Nationally:

1.  Congratulations to the Roman Catholic church.  I will no longer be attending Mass nor will I ever contribute a red cent to them.  You want to force down our throats anti-abortionism, anti-gay marriage, and anti-stem cell research.  Your little "voters guides" got me more angry than anything and I think more Catholics have left the faith in 2004 than ever before.  I truly think the church are corporate lackeys used to keep workers' in line.  A letter from myself will shortly be headed to the Archdiocese of Phialdelphia explaining these concerns.

2.  Keep up the pro-police state FCC <sarcasm>.  Whether you like Howard Stern or not should be none of your business.  The Janet Jakcson's bare breast Super Bowl fiasco should have been solely dealt with.  There was no need to bring Howard into this.  Note to TexasGurl and nclib: I may consider joining the ACLU. 

3.  Tax breaks for who???  Surely not me.  Well, I got $300((15%-10%)%*$6,000) .  However, my health insurance premiums and general inflation beat that by far.  Thank you Republican voters <sarcasm>.  You guys will be screwed these next 4 years with them unless you're filthy rich!   

Well, I didn't mean to "turn anyone off", but consider the fact that you guys are saying we're doing so.  Some of us are asking for basic rights and you call us "elitists".  The fact that you are trying to suppress our civil liberties is wrong and un-American.  Do we have every right to complain? YES!  The question I am asking is... Do you really like to be crapped on?  I don't.  You guys elected a real jackass with some of the most vitriolic people in American history.  They only care about making a profit and suppressing your basic rights.  A "time of war" is a perfect time for them to do so.  I know there are some Republicans like bullmoose that generally agree with me along with some other moderates as well.  I was a registered independent until 2002, but seeing the way Cheney, Rove, and Co. operate forced me into the Democratic party.  I have listened to both sides of the coin prior to 2002.  In fact when I was in Catholic high school I actually stayed after school to listen to GOP State Rep. John Taylor preach the merits of the Republican party and why we should join.  A lot of it was related to the ineptness of the Dems in City Hall.  I actually agreed with most of what Rep. Taylor had to say.     

My message to the GOP is you guys had your chance and you blew it.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2004, 09:47:19 PM »

I'm going to tell you the problems I have with the current GOP.

Locally:

1.  You tie every Democrat to John Street.  That's why Allyson Schwartz won and Kerry carried relatively conservative Northeast Philly handily.

2.  Perzel, Kenney and Meehan are no choir boys.  They love to squawk and b!itch about Street, but are equally as evil.  See the Philadelphia parking Authority.  They also want SEPTA and the Philly Int'l Airport. 

3.  You guys think the GOP is the automatic savior of the city.  Any thoughts other than conservative ones are invaild.  We know there's incompetence and cronyism in the Democratic party in Philadelphia, but we see it in you guys as well.  BOO HISS!     

1. Schwartz won the NE because Brown's campaign was poorly managed. She should not have lost. You know Schwartz was very lucky winning especially with that big of a win. Then you say we tie people like Schwartz to Street. Well take a look at some of her stances. She has stood side by side with the Mayor on many issues. Shouldn't people point that out?

2. Saying Perzel, Kenney and Meehan are just as bad as Street is alittle much, IrishDem. I know you aren't big fans of theirs and neither am I but what you said was too much.

3. The GOP would turn our city around. 50 years your party has been in control and the city has declined in population and jobs. People stay away from this town. Republicans would provide much better leadership in Philadelphia and you just hate to admit that. Then you say the Philly GOP is pretty much the same as the Philly Democratic party...come on...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies