Opinion of Adolf Hitler
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Adolf Hitler
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: What do you think of Hitler?
He was a good leader for Germany

He was a bad leader for Germany

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Opinion of Adolf Hitler  (Read 23273 times)
CJK
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »

Okay, I know a lot people have unfavorable views of Hitler, there is no need to overreact.

But can't we acknowledge that there were many things Hitler got right?

Hitler got the German economy going again at remarkable speed after the Great Depression.

Hitler took actions against subversives, marxists, and others.

Hitler united the German people into one country for the first time in modern history.

Hitler understood the threat of the Soviet Union, and had the guts to try to take it down.

Hitler sought out living space for his people in order to increase Germany's prosperity and preserve fertility--the only biological reason we exist.

Hitler understood that political correctness with regards to race and gender was crap.

Hitler was a mlitary genius who pushed his generals to win the incredible victory over France in 1940, which nobody thought was possible.

Technological advancement was huge under Hitler.

Hitler took action against the decadence that has infected the West.

Hitler restored national pride to his country, and received massive popular support.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2010, 03:12:59 PM by Joe Republic »

Jesus f-cking Christ.  I don't know whether to be appalled first, or just point out all of the statements that aren't even factually accurate.  I'll go with the former for now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:18:12 PM »

Hitler got the German economy going again at remarkable speed after the Great Depression.
Depends what indicator you're using. Real incomes remained fairly low throughout the 1933-9 era. Infant mortality and tuberculosis rates, which had fallen very quickly throughout the 1920s and slightly rebounded during the Depression, remained stable during the period. It's really only Big Capital that profitted.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Lol.

Uh... what? What kind of strange definition of "the German people" are you using here? Cause if the Austrians and the Bohemians count as part of it, surely the Swiss and the Volga Germans must too...

Lol.

Huh

Nobody as in "nobody whom the military high command would listen to", not nobody as in "nobody". The French pretty much refused to incorporate the tank into their strategic thought.

Lmao.

True, alas. And a good example of why there is absolutely nothing praiseworthy in that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

Hitler united the German people into one country for the first time in modern history.

Hitler understood the threat of the Soviet Union, and had the guts to try to take it down.

Hitler sought out living space for his people in order to increase Germany's prosperity and preserve fertility--the only biological reason we exist.

Hitler understood that political correctness with regards to race and gender was crap.

Hitler took action against the decadence that has infected the West.

Hitler restored national pride to his country, and received massive popular support.

Yup, that was the most wonderful experiment in the human history.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

Btw, how could anyone possibly name Hitler a "good leader", considering that thanks to his actions Germany were ruined in 1945?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

Hitler did not regard the Soviet Union as a threat - he regarded as the place where he would expand Germany's living space.
If he was regarded it as a threat, he wouldn't have destroyed the country that blocked the way of the Soviet Union to central Europe, nor would he have allied with it against the west.
As for guts - Hitler totally underestimated the Soviet Union: "We have only to kick in the door and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down".

Germany today has a bigger population on a rather smaller area and yet it's much more prosperous today than it was then.
You should try to read a bit more real history and a bit less Stormfront.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »

Btw, how could anyone possibly name Hitler a "good leader", considering that thanks to his actions Germany were ruined in 1945?
Tbh, it was actually one of the least destroyed countries in Europe. (Excluding those who managed to remain neutral.)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 03:36:31 PM »

Hitler did not regard the Soviet Union as a threat - he regarded as the place where he would expand Germany's living space.
Both, actually. It was a threat because it was the seat of Communists, who are by definition also Jewish; and of Jews, who are by definition also Communist.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

He had one ball. EVIL!
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »

Both, actually. It was a threat because it was the seat of Communists, who are by definition also Jewish; and of Jews, who are by definition also Communist.

But he didn't seem to have considered it much of a threat, considering how unprepared his army was for a long war.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 03:42:05 PM »

A threat, but not in the conventional military sense. Does that sound right to you?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 03:48:02 PM »

A threat, but not in the conventional military sense. Does that sound right to you?
Certainly this was among the motivations for the invasion. But I think he would have wanted to destroy Russia even if it wasn't communist. Whether he would be able to find support in Germany for that is an interesting speculation.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 03:54:36 PM »

Whether he would be able to find support in Germany for that is an interesting speculation.

I wasn't aware that opposite opinions were something that really mattered when he wanted something...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2010, 04:02:00 PM by J. J. »

Okay, I know a lot people have unfavorable views of Hitler, there is no need to overreact.

But can't we acknowledge that there were many things Hitler got right?

Bruning.

If you define "subversives" as anyone who disagreed with him, that is a true statement.

And a whole bunch of others.  He united German speaking peoples, which is a bit different.

By signing a nonagression pact with and giving the 1/3 of Poland to it.

I think you are confusing "German" with "Nazi."

Which is why he replaced it with his own version?

Guderian, anyone?

Which is why Germany developed the Atomic bomb, oh, wait!

What decadence and do you consider the long range destriction of London to be an effective method?

So much so, that for years afterward, the world need two Germany so everyone could admire it.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »

Joke thread or troll thread?
CJK
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »

Okay, to clarify all I'm saying is that it is time we to start to recognize the positive things Hitler did, instead of always focusing on the negative.

While it is true he underestimated the USSR in 1941, it is also true that the USSR would have attacked Europe anyway had Hitler waited a few more years. I think it is safe to say Hitler saved Western civilization from Communism by striking first, when the USSR was weaker.

Germans today are largely infertile, a good many are non-German immigrants imported from other natons.

Regarding wages, that seems rather petty when considering he wiped out a 30% unemployment rate and initiated an economic boom. Wages in 1938 were about the same as in 1928.

It is an indisputable fact that the West has been on an unstoppable moral, intellectual, and social decline ever since the Allies destroyed Germany.

Why are we not allowed to have positive opinions about Hitler? Russians have positive opinions of Stalin, and he was responsible for more deaths.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »

Okay, to clarify all I'm saying is that it is time we to start to recognize the positive things Hitler did, instead of always focusing on the negative.

While it is true he underestimated the USSR in 1941, it is also true that the USSR would have attacked Europe anyway had Hitler waited a few more years. I think it is safe to say Hitler saved Western civilization from Communism by striking first, when the USSR was weaker.

I doubt that the Soviet expansion would have ever been as great as it was without Hitler.

Because Germany produces so much, it needs outsiders.

I think a lot of that was the Burning reforms of the early 1930's.

I dispute "moral, intellectual, and social decline," and what differences there were where largely because of Hitler.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »

Germans today are largely infertile, a good many are non-German immigrants imported from other natons.

Regarding wages, that seems rather petty when considering he wiped out a 30% unemployment rate and initiated an economic boom. Wages in 1938 were about the same as in 1928.

It is an indisputable fact that the West has been on an unstoppable moral, intellectual, and social decline ever since the Allies destroyed Germany.

Why are we not allowed to have positive opinions about Hitler? Russians have positive opinions of Stalin, and he was responsible for more deaths.
What are you talking about? Are you living in 1975?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »

I doubt that the Soviet expansion would have ever been as great as it was without Hitler.
Not to mention that there wouldn't have been a threat of soviet military expansion in 1940 without Hitler...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »

If I answered this thread honestly by saying what I thought about this thread's 'objective' and the genocide-loving retard who started it, my infraction point thingee would skyrocket through the goddamn roof.
CJK
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »

Read this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2559010520070725?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true
CJK
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »

Not to mention that there wouldn't have been a threat of soviet military expansion in 1940 without Hitler...

Only if you assume that the USSR was not going to do anything after it built up it's military, which was already well advanced in 1941. By 1949 the USSR would have been an unstoppable superpower.
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »

Read this.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2559010520070725?feedType=RSS&rpc=22&sp=true
That's only the youth, and it's only half. What you're saying is very misleading.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »

Read this.

Yes, because history books have been changed in the way you would change it for Hitler, because the authoritarianism and will of power of Putin found a good background in which settling with the superpower that Stalin embodied, because Russia felt destroyed and ruined by the democratic era, because Russia has an authoritarian 'tradition', because...

It's not because Russians do something that this is necessarily good.

You're allowed to think what you want about Hitler, and people are allowed to debate with you and to tell why they think your points are flawed.

Also, lot of what you say is based on 'if that had happened', I could write a lot of fairy tales History stuffs by 'if such had happened', you can to entertain yourself, but using it in debates is rather empty.

this thread's 'objective' and the genocide-loving retard who started it

I think the point precisely is to sideline the crimes, to try to show the 'good'. I think the point of such things rather are then to try to justify authoritarianism and maybe political violence to an extent, along with trying to justify a need of conservation of 'cultural purity', or something like that...
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »

JSojourner?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies