How can you be so stupid!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:19:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How can you be so stupid!!  (Read 8111 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2004, 02:09:28 PM »

What we do does not affect Great Britain or France, except as it relates to trade.

You are underestimating the power that America has worldwide.

We have the power to destroy entire nations via trade decisions. We set culture standards throughout the world. We are the most important nation in the entire world.

And, moreover, even if we weren't, why isn't their seeking information and expressing opinions a good thing? Just because they disagree with you does not make their opinion any less valid.

First, don't forget that France has nuclear weapons. Hence, France can destroy US (can you be a superpower if you can be destroy so easily?).

A:  The French wouldn't use them.

B:  If they did, France would be nuked to bits, Paris be damned.

C:  The French nuclear capacity is based entirely on its naval power--its submarine and carrier fleet, which we would blow out of the water in the event of war.

The French are getting slaughtered by the Ivorians as we speak...they'd have no chance agains the US.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2004, 04:30:26 PM »

I work with many guys from SAP-Germany (if you're in IT you are familiar with the company).  After 9/11 the general consensus was sympathy but also concern.  As one guy put it, "the Americans are going to go insane".  I assured him we would not.  I said, "we'll end up going into Afghanistan and tightening our security but we're not going insane".  Iraq didn't help my case.  After this election (and with how amazingly off the exit polls were in states with electronic voting) I'm thinking he may have been right.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2004, 04:32:31 PM »

The American people have spoken. You may not like what they have said, but they have spoken.

Hunter,

Please shrink your graphic.

Thanks.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2004, 04:38:48 PM »

I work with many guys from SAP-Germany (if you're in IT you are familiar with the company).  After 9/11 the general consensus was sympathy but also concern.  As one guy put it, "the Americans are going to go insane".  I assured him we would not.  I said, "we'll end up going into Afghanistan and tightening our security but we're not going insane".  Iraq didn't help my case.  After this election (and with how amazingly off the exit polls were in states with electronic voting) I'm thinking he may have been right.

Its funny those Germans knew America better than we know ourselves.  Maybe its because they had their own spell of national madness..
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2004, 04:47:13 PM »

Its funny those Germans knew America better than we know ourselves.  Maybe its because they had their own spell of national madness..

yeah, but they'll eventually get over it and toss Gerhard out.  Smiley
Đ tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2004, 05:24:45 PM »

The American people have spoken. You may not like what they have said, but they have spoken.

Sig is too big.
shankbear

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2004, 06:44:53 PM »

Bopeep you creep...what was Germany's spell of madness?  Yes the rise and fall of the Nazis.  How dare you and your pompus ass even compare what has happened here to the utter madness that happened in Germany during that time.  That regime exterminated millions of people in the name of purity.  They conquered Europe, a whole continent that had to hang on until the USA gave the lives of its young to liberate them.

Shut your piehole when you are demeaning my country.  What you are saying is nothing but lies and untruths.  You are a flaming bigot with a brain the size of a gnat.  You insult THINKING liberals the world round.  STFU.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2004, 04:08:32 AM »

Bopeep you creep...what was Germany's spell of madness?  Yes the rise and fall of the Nazis.  How dare you and your pompus ass even compare what has happened here to the utter madness that happened in Germany during that time.  That regime exterminated millions of people in the name of purity.  They conquered Europe, a whole continent that had to hang on until the USA gave the lives of its young to liberate them.

Shut your piehole when you are demeaning my country.  What you are saying is nothing but lies and untruths.  You are a flaming bigot with a brain the size of a gnat.  You insult THINKING liberals the world round.  STFU.

I'm not a liberal in the American sense, and I stand by what I said.  All the excuses and arguments are the same.  The only difference is the US is much more dangerously powerful than Germany was in 1939.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2004, 04:09:44 AM »

I've reduced my signature now.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2004, 04:41:04 AM »

What we do does not affect Great Britain or France, except as it relates to trade.

You are underestimating the power that America has worldwide.

We have the power to destroy entire nations via trade decisions. We set culture standards throughout the world. We are the most important nation in the entire world.

And, moreover, even if we weren't, why isn't their seeking information and expressing opinions a good thing? Just because they disagree with you does not make their opinion any less valid.

First, don't forget that France has nuclear weapons. Hence, France can destroy US (can you be a superpower if you can be destroy so easily?).

A:  The French wouldn't use them.

B:  If they did, France would be nuked to bits, Paris be damned.

C:  The French nuclear capacity is based entirely on its naval power--its submarine and carrier fleet, which we would blow out of the water in the event of war.

The French are getting slaughtered by the Ivorians as we speak...they'd have no chance agains the US.

A) certainly, but the fact is that US is a fragile superpower due to the nuclear capacity of some countries.

B) Clearly but after to destroy US territory (and maybe the world). It's the "balance terror".

C) France can not support a nuclear attack. Hence, France must fight first.

D) As US in Irak... and I am betting that the Ivoir crisis will be solved faster than the iraq war.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2004, 01:42:18 PM »

I have been in London, Paris and Stockholm last week. I just want you to know I havenīt met anyone who would have voted for Bush.

I don't think its right that you call people stupid for voting for Bush despite his mediocrity and incompetence

Dave

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2004, 05:59:01 PM »

I have been in London, Paris and Stockholm last week. I just want you to know I havenīt met anyone who would have voted for Bush.

I don't think its right that you call people stupid for voting for Bush despite his mediocrity and incompetence

Dave

clever rhetorical tool.  not sure what to make of it, but it certainly covers all the bases.
MN-Troy
Rookie

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2004, 10:36:35 PM »

You remind of the time Nixon won 49 states and a columist from a magazine remarked that she never met anyone who voted for the guy.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2004, 12:19:11 AM »

You remind of the time Nixon won 49 states and a columist from a magazine remarked that she never met anyone who voted for the guy.

People said that as well when Reagan won his 49 state landslide. They are saying it now here in Florida. Apparently the Democrats are trying to claim the Republicans "stole" the state because counties with high democratic registration could NEVER vote for a Republican. Mind you they didn't say anything to the fact MANY southern Democrats have voted Republican for years on end.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies