Latest Generic Polls: Ras +12%R; WSJ 6%R; Gallup 15%R; CNN 10R; Fox13R; Bloom 3R (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Latest Generic Polls: Ras +12%R; WSJ 6%R; Gallup 15%R; CNN 10R; Fox13R; Bloom 3R (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Latest Generic Polls: Ras +12%R; WSJ 6%R; Gallup 15%R; CNN 10R; Fox13R; Bloom 3R  (Read 25143 times)
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »
« edited: September 07, 2010, 07:33:40 PM by Addicted to Politics »

Obama's win in 2008 was the worst thing that ever happened to the Democrats.

BINGO.  And the only way to to give Democrats any chance of a comeback is to make sure he tanks in 2012.  
Because what the country needed was McCain making Supreme Court picks right? If only for the chance to replenish our bench on the Supreme Court with younger justices Obama was necessary. Also, I think you are seriously underestimating how much trouble we would be in right now with McCain(the country not the party), and just because we are going to lose a few seats in the midterm doesn't change that fact.

Plus, Obama's been pretty good. Much too conservative, but still pretty good. We have healthcare and financial reform and I'll take that.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »

BINGO.  And the only way to to give Democrats any chance of a comeback is to make sure he tanks in 2012.  
Because what the country needed was McCain making Supreme Court picks right? If only for the chance to replenish our bench on the Supreme Court with younger justices Obama was necessary. Also, I think you are seriously underestimating how much trouble we would be in right now with McCain(the country not the party), and just because we are going to lose a few seats in the midterm doesn't change that fact.

Plus, Obama's been pretty good. Much too conservative, but still pretty good. We have healthcare and financial reform and I'll take that.

But it's not even clear that Souter and Stevens would have retired had McCain won.

I disagree with Mr Phips on 2012, but it's pretty clear that Obama's win in 2008 is similar to Jimmy Carter's win in 1976, or Herbert Hoover's win in 1928: one of those rare elections where it would have been better to lose.
No, but it's always good to recycle the older members out just in case something happens. Ginsberg will likely retire next year too.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2010, 09:13:18 PM by Addicted to Politics »

A FEW SEATS?  A FEW SEATS?  We are in path to lose 70 seats in the House and probably control of that chamber for the rest of our lives.  Had we waited until 2012, we could have had 300 House seats and 67 Senators and the White House and Obama could have been another FDR.  

Now, at best it will be another 1953-1959 period, 1969-1977 period, or 1995-2001 period, where one party held the White House, but the other party basically ran the whole agenda.

Democrats f**ked up big time in 2008.  We should have thrown the election to McCain and waited our turn.  
2008 was our turn. We didn't  up at all, we won. Also, we're not going to lose 70 seats and we never would have gotten to 300 and 67 even with McCain as president. Dem gains were nearly maxed out after 2008,

I guarantee you that we don't lose 70 seats in the House. If we do I'll give you $1,000 in real life.

Under this President we've accomplished a great deal and I wouldn't go crazy over one election. Just as I said this word is coming out that he is going to go against the extension of the bush tax cuts. What do you think McCain would do about that? Even with a Dem congress?
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »

It's an interesting interview, got to say.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »

I wouldn't say 35 seats are dead at this point. Maybe leaning towards the GOP, but the incumbents involved could certainly close the gap in some cases.

Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »

The ones on your list I disagree are dead:

5 - MD1
7 - NM2
12 - NH1
14 - ND-AL
17 - MS1
18 - NV3
23 - NY24
25 - WV1
29 - IL14
30 - TX17
31 - AR1
32 - AL2
33 - IN9
34 - ID1
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:58 PM »

Please enlighten us as to what Obama could have and should have done to stop this.
Making a few concessions to get at least a few token Republicans onside for major bills. (When you can't pick off any of Collins, Snowe, Graham, Lugar, Murkowski, etc... you know it's a pretty far out there bill)
Because Bob Dole's health care bill is so far left!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies