AG Kerry? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:23:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  AG Kerry? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AG Kerry?  (Read 5712 times)
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« on: November 07, 2004, 09:51:34 PM »

Would Kerry offer Bush a position in his cabinet?  This is absurd.  Bush should not be obligated to appoint any Democrat.  To the victor belong the spoils.

Apparently Bush is keen to offer John Breaux a cabinet post, as in 2000 I’d expect Breaux to turn him down, even though he’s no longer a senator and Breaux gets on well with Bush by all accounts if Breaux didn’t take it in 2000 after the 2002 Senatorial campaign (which was basically the entire Bush Family and GOP vs. Mary Landrieu with John Breaux backing her up to hilt) I doubt we’ll be seeing Breaux in Bush’s cabinet this time around.

Are you saying Breaux took Bush campaigning for Sen Landrieu's opponent personally?  I seriously doubt that.  Just politics.  Breaux may not accept a cabinet position, but that will not be the reason.

That said, I don't think any sitting Democratic senator would accept a Bush cabinet post due to the possibility of a Republican winning a special election.  Even in Mass. there could be a quality GOP opponent that will make it a tight race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies