Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd)  (Read 3653 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: September 22, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »

Do we maybe want to allocate a certain amount of money to the regions to use on their roads? It would seem that they would know best which roads are in greatest need of repair.

That would make sense, but how do we figure out what amount goes to what region? Would the SE love me more if I sweetened the deal for them? Tongue

We could just allocate money to each governor and allow them to use the funds on the roads they think need it.

Well at least regions that have legislatures might enjoy being able to allocate the funds appropriately. Just a thought.

It's a good one, and I agree with you, but now we must decide what to give each region. Should it be a flat number or should it depend on the population?

Well, practically speaking, population is probably the only indicator we can go by. Ideally, it would be awarded based on the various regions' roads....but we have no real objective way of measuring how the roads are by region....right?

We could go by a rough ratio of regional geographic size (representing miles of roads) and population (representing the density of highway systems and traffic causing wear and tear to the roads). Frick all if I know how to calculate that, though it seems to me the various regional governors and L-G's really should have a strong interest in this legislation and may want to provide their "best estimates" for us if we go this route (hint, HINT).

Alternatively, we could reasonably just punt this to the Atlasian DOT to administer the monies as deemed fit.

To the Secretary of Internal Affairs, rather. Whatever equivalent we have to the DOT most likely an unnamed sub-department of the DOIA that doesn't technically exist in Atlasian statute.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:04:46 PM »

aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies