Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fix Our Roads! Act (Law'd)  (Read 3672 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »

I like this very very much. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:17:58 AM »

I am not against roads, but let them be paid for by those who will use them. Stop giving an unfair advantage to automakers, the wealthy, and the automobile as a form of transportation in general. There are better ways to invest in infrastructure for the benefit of all Atlasians.

This is ridiculous, not to mention selfish. I can't help but wonder if this is just forced nonsense logic to try and be deliberately outrageous or you actually believe it. The state of our roads undeniably affects the entire economic infrastructure of the country and beyond. Just because someone doesn't drive on a regular basis doesn't mean their lives are not profoundly impacted by the state of our highways.

We trade. Businesses buy and transport goods. Family members travel. Hell, an efficient highway system even allows a more easily mobilized defense should we ever be invaded.

This is the modern era, you know, Senator Dark Ages. Driving and the necessity to sometimes travel long distances is a reality in our world, and whether I like it or not, sometimes people do have to pay for these services. (Also, people do not have to get cars to travel on a road, we've had this new commodity available lately known as "public transportation." More commonly known as a damn bus.) We can't run a country on horse-drawn carriage and dirt roads.

Is this the kind of discussion people like PiT think we've been lacking lately? We're arguing over whether or not people should be paying for goddamn roads. Lord have mercy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies