What will be November's results in Delaware? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What will be November's results in Delaware? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will be November's results in Delaware?
Coons with over 60%

Coons with over 55%

Coons with between 50-55%

O'Donnell with over 60%

O'Donnell with over 55%

O'Donnell with 50-55%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: What will be November's results in Delaware?  (Read 8430 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »

I say Coons with over 55%, probably around 56-57%.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »

OMG THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL STAND AGAINST NEOCON FASCIST OBAMA AND HIS PUPPET COONS!!!111!!!1
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:35:55 PM »

OMG THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WILL STAND AGAINST NEOCON FASCIST OBAMA AND HIS PUPPET COONS!!!111!!!1

Ironically, BRTD, you may have captured the mood of the country in that post.  The Tea Party is well to the right of me, and I'd prefer Castle, but in this climate O'Donnell has a shot.

In Delaware where 50% still approve of Obama?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »

I don't understand how Libertas can so strongly support someone who is by his definition a neocon.

(No O'Donnell is not anywhere near a neocon but Libertas thinks everyone from Sarah Palin to Barack Obama to Wayne Allen Root is one. Sarah Palin being the most relevant in this case.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »

You know, the NRSC's pullout means a lot more than just that they've given up on the seat. After all they have spent money on unwinnable seats before. For example in 2006 the NRCC spent money backing Jim Kolbe's preferred candidate in AZ-08. After he lost to the nutjob, the seat appeared lost, but they spent money on a few cheap radio ads for the guy who won anyway. Not to take the seat but rather placate conservatives and say "See at least we backed this guy."

After all it's not like Delaware is a large or expensive state. They could've made a symbolic buy or two before quietly withdrawing instead of doing so blatantly. I think it's obvious: They want to send a message. And they want O'Donnell to lose by as much as possible to make that message clearer. The NRSC has no interest in this race being even semi-close. It wouldn't even shock me if some of the Coons people have had some private meetings with GOP operatives now in fact.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10:24 AM »
« Edited: September 16, 2010, 09:31:15 AM by If my rhyme was a drug I'd sell it by the gram »

Do we seriously think Coons is going to make a play on O'Donnell's position on masturbation and sex? I mean, seriously guys. When she loses, it will be because she was whole scale abandoned by the DE GOP organization, not because she thinks college kids screw around too much.

Coons won't, but it will happen. The Delaware GOP went against her for it. Hell see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA

Johnny is right about Coons of course, but he doesn't need to do this stuff directly. BTW her stance against masturbation is the main reason this race is being discussed on several non-political forums.

The sex attacks on her have gone viral, Coons doesn't need to say a thing. It's much like how McCain never accused Obama of being a Muslim or born outside the US yet plenty of dumbs still believe that. Except this stuff has actual backing in reality unlike that crap.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:32:02 AM »

Also why does cynic assume that every single Catholic in existence follows every single teaching of their church? This isn't the first time he has basically done so.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »

It's not mainstream because very few people agree with it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »

When have I assumed that?  The only thing I said is that Catholic church doctrine teaches that masturbation is a sin.  My point isn't that Catholics (or conservative Protestants or Jews or some Muslims whose religion teaches them the same) follow their church doctrine - just that it is what is taught as a matter of faith.  Painting someone as out of the mainstream for following the doctrine of a mainstream church is bizarre to me.  It's not like O'Donnell, working for a conservative think tank, just made up the position she argued for on masturbation whole cloth.

I have a question for churchgoing posters, or people who grew up going to church, Catholic or Protestant. Do clergymen make an issue of this? Do they tell parishioners not to do this because it's wrong and explain why it's wrong? Is it discussed in Sunday school?

There's no way in hell this ever would have been discussed in Hebrew School, but Judaism doesn't have the same view of sexuality as Roman Catholicism.

I didn't even know there were people against masturbation until well into my teens! (16 or so.) Of all the anti-Catholic stuff I heard (and there was a lot), that never came up. Not something I've heard of frequently preached even in fundie and Catholic churches, though I do remember reading a reprint of some Mormon pamphlet for youth preaching of the evils of it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »

Whoa. Nailed it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length