What will be November's results in Delaware? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:56:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What will be November's results in Delaware? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will be November's results in Delaware?
Coons with over 60%

Coons with over 55%

Coons with between 50-55%

O'Donnell with over 60%

O'Donnell with over 55%

O'Donnell with 50-55%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: What will be November's results in Delaware?  (Read 8429 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:34 PM »

After all it's not like Delaware is a large or expensive state.

Delaware may not be large, but it's really expensive for TV buys.  Most of the state is in the very expensive, inefficient Philadelphia TV market.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »

actually, most parents share the same concerns when their kids go off to college.  so I live this piece as a positive, even in DE.

They may share their concerns, but they also think that grownups who obsess about these issues and related ones (as Christine does) can be creepy and perhaps not who they're looking for in office. Her terminology here is definitely closer to "creepy" than "concerned parent," to boot.

Obsess about these issues?  She was working for a think-tank that was RESPONSIBLE for thinking about "these issues".

I'm sure any rational parent of a college-aged daughter shared O'Donnell's organization's concerns - at the time she made those statements and even today.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »

Obsess about these issues?  She was working for a think-tank that was RESPONSIBLE for thinking about "these issues".

I'm sure any rational parent of a college-aged daughter shared O'Donnell's organization's concerns - at the time she made those statements and even today.

Including telling other people's kids not to masturbate? Is that what people want from a U.S. Senator? Really?

The issue in question was stopping universities from having co-ed dorm rooms, not masturbation. 

You do realize that O'Donnell's decades-old position on masturbation is completely in line with the teachings of many conservative Protestant congregations, the Catholic church and some Orthodox and Conservative Jewish congregations as well, correct?  You also realize that she said nothing about the state imposing bans on masturbation, right?

And if you think anyone has scratched the surface on the "bearded marxist" Coons' decades-old out-of-the-mainstream positions and writings, I have a bridge to sell you.  Harry Reid did him no favor today, either, by calling Coons his "pet".
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »

Also why does cynic assume that every single Catholic in existence follows every single teaching of their church? This isn't the first time he has basically done so.

When have I assumed that?  The only thing I said is that Catholic church doctrine teaches that masturbation is a sin.  My point isn't that Catholics (or conservative Protestants or Jews or some Muslims whose religion teaches them the same) follow their church doctrine - just that it is what is taught as a matter of faith.  Painting someone as out of the mainstream for following the doctrine of a mainstream church is bizarre to me.  It's not like O'Donnell, working for a conservative think tank, just made up the position she argued for on masturbation whole cloth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies