Thank you REpubulicans for completely screwing our chances in 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:58:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Thank you REpubulicans for completely screwing our chances in 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Thank you REpubulicans for completely screwing our chances in 2010  (Read 6175 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »

Why on earth did we freaking nominate O'Donnell for the Delaware seat?  The GOP is completly blowing their chacnes to win seats in November.  Instead of nominating moderates in the Northeast, we're picking conservative candidates who have no chance of defeating Democrats.  The dumb Tea Partiers are turning out in the primaries, but they aren't going to be able to give us a majority in the general election, and we've take na a GRAND opportunaity and completely flushed it down the drain.

Christine O'Donnell will lose, and we've lost our chance at taking vulnerable seats in the Senate.  And you've got talking heads like Hannity praising these "victories" and it pisses me off - because they're towing this conservative BS line that isn't going to win us seats in November.  It's morons like this that make me hate the GOP.  Switching back to the green avatar for a while because of this.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »

I'm just glad Ayotte survived. Republicans can win back senate without that Mid-Atlantic Grizzly's help.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:08:20 AM »

dude, you can't see the forest for the trees.  this anti establishment movement now sets its sights on the Dems.

IT'S DELAWARE!  There's  no way Christine O'Donnell wins in November.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:10:46 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2010, 12:55:49 AM by The Demon's Façade »

I'm just glad Ayotte survived. Republicans can win back senate without that Mid-Atlantic Grizzly's help.

Shhhh!!!! It isn't over yet. Tongue She has a slight lead, don't jinx it.

We aren't that bad off. Pat Toomey is doing well in PA, New Hampshire looks good, a lot of House seats came out well in NY.

We lost Delaware for sure, true. But we have the energy and the momentum behind us. We will at the very least come close in the Senate and as previously stated, and though I prefered it not happening like this, defeating Obama can best be achieved without GOP control.

Edit: That with should have been "without"
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »

We aren't that bad off. Pat Toomey is doing well in PA, New Hampshire looks good, a lot of House seats came out well in NY.

We lost Delaware for sure, true. But we have the energy and the momentum behind us. We will at the very least come close in the Senate and as previously stated, and though I prefered it not happening like this, defeating Obama can best be achieved with GOP control.

Whoops I saw a headline calling it for Ayotte a little while ago. I still hope then that the vote totals will continue to go her way.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »

dude, you can't see the forest for the trees.  this anti establishment movement now sets its sights on the Dems.

She could even cause Montana to flinch.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »

You know Palin endorsed Ayotte and branded her the "Granite Grizzly"...?
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 12:20:30 AM »

You know Palin endorsed Ayotte and branded her the "Granite Grizzly"...?

I know, and I thank her for boosting her conservative creds in the state to offshoot Lamontagne's surge, but I will not commend Palin on throwing away Delaware.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:57 AM »

Christine O'Donnell will lose, and we've lost our chance at taking vulnerable seats in the Senate.  And you've got talking heads like Hannity praising these "victories" and it pisses me off - because they're towing this conservative BS line that isn't going to win us seats in November.  It's morons like this that make me hate the GOP.  Switching back to the green avatar for a while because of this.

Yellow is a very nice color, I think it would look good on you.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 12:35:02 AM »

We lost Delaware for sure, true. But we have the energy and the momentum behind us. We will at the very least come close in the Senate and as previously stated, and though I prefered it not happening like this, defeating Obama can best be achieved with GOP control.

Whoops I saw a headline calling it for Ayotte a little while ago. I still hope then that the vote totals will continue to go her way.

With Deleware now basically a DEM lock, the GOP can still win the senate, but they really need to run the table.

The tough seat will likely be Boxer in California.

It's possible, but so is drawing to an inside straight - I happens, just not very often.

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 12:43:34 AM »

Shouldn't this read, "Thank you CONSERVATIVES for completely screwing our chances in 2010?"

Putting up conservative challenges to Murkowski and Ayotte were fair game moves. O'Donnell was just mental retardation in electoral form.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »

Why target Ayotte anyway? She's rather right wing. Didn't she resign as AG because she refused to be part of the government in any state that recognized gay marriage?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 01:14:17 AM »

but it probably means the GOP is leading in CA, WA, WI, NV

Nice non-sequitur.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 01:25:28 AM »

DE Republican primary voters =/= electorate at large.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 01:31:30 AM »

Those results were pretty close to the polls thus disproving your above hypothesis if you wish to rely on that.
Nichlemn

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 01:49:05 AM »

Those results were pretty close to the polls thus disproving your above hypothesis if you wish to rely on that.

do you mean, close to the polls right before election day, or close to the polls two months out?

Largely the case for NJ and VA, not so for MA-SEN. Still, the fact that come-from-behind victories can happen does not make them likely to happen. O'Donnell could win with a scandal on Coons' behalf or a much larger than expected GOP wave, but neither would "prove" that nominating O'Donnell was correct, because neither was supported by the evidence at the time of the primary.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 02:15:09 AM »

Nice non-sequitur.

to the contrary, the amount of anti-establishment anger shown tonight probably means the GOP is underpoling by 5-10 percent in CA/WA/WI/NV.

That doesn't make any sense.
Parasite
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 02:46:51 AM »

I'm not sure what part of "Castle would've certainly walked this, but now Coons certainly will" is really so hard to understand.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 03:21:16 AM »

Nice non-sequitur.

to the contrary, the amount of anti-establishment anger shown tonight probably means the GOP is underpoling by 5-10 percent in CA/WA/WI/NV.
[/quote

So we've entered the "just make things up" part of the thread?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 03:25:21 AM »

Nice non-sequitur.

So we've entered the "just make things up" part of the thread?

Well O'Donnell seems to enjoy making things up.  Why would you expect any less from her supporters??
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 06:32:31 AM »

You know, one of our journalists said a clever quip about fanatics in every part of life (sports, religion, politics) and how they should be treated by their leaders. I think it depicts perfectly what happened between the teabaggers and the Republican Party.

"These people are like your dick: the more you fondle them, the harder they become".
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 07:20:02 AM »

Chris Coons must be the happiest man on the planet this morning.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 09:11:21 AM »

Conservatives don't want to have the majority. I've decided this to be true. Sarah Palin may be the best covert Democrat operative we have ever seen. She's single handedly helping the Democrats hold onto at least 2 Senate seats that would otherwise be lost by now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 10:20:29 AM »

There's no way the Democrats lose CA, and I think Reid will hold in Nevada.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 10:22:01 AM »

There's no way the Democrats lose CA, and I think Reid will hold in Nevada.
I still think Republicans have a chance. It'd be really helpful if McMahon or Raese could win, and I think both are still possible. Raese is only down by 5, and McMahon by 6. We're tied or leading in all the races we need to win, minus Nevada.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies