Opinion of Christine O'Donnell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Christine O'Donnell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Poll
Question: FF or HP?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 73

Author Topic: Opinion of Christine O'Donnell  (Read 11706 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2010, 08:09:56 AM »

Christine O'Donnell is not a horrible person.  She is not a freedom fighter either.  She's someone who holds some very extreme moral views that I believe should not be present in what's supposed to be a working, legislative body. 

Stop being reasonable.  That's not well tolerated on the Atlas.  Wink
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2010, 01:41:47 PM by angus »

You make some good points, but the fact remains that she does stand up to the abuse pretty well.  Which, to me, is admirable.

Hitler was also a rather stalwart fellow.

tenacious, maybe.  And he was also rather idealistic.  He seems on balance to be more abusive than she does.  She's mostly taking slop, not dishing it out to others.

To be honest, I suppose that my desire to see a Republican-controlled congress might win out,

I still don't see why you favor the oppressive party.  You work for a university - thus your bread is buttered to the left.  You claim to have some kind of hedonistic tendencies, and though I suppose those are all in the past, I find it hard to believe you look forward to the theocracy.  You make a huge salary, certainly, but not enough to be harmed by centrist economic policies.  Quite frankly, you are too old to still be stuck on adolescent Randian fantasies of individualism.  I really can't see why you take your irresponsbile line in politics.

Hardly huge, but we do well enough.  My family and I live a reasonably comfortable lifestyle precisely because we do not live beyond our means.  I would like to see that our society, as a whole, does not live beyond its means.  Indeed, I do favor centrist economic policies.

Also, like most Republicans, I remain a proponent of government funding of education and of R&D.  The people, through their legislatures, fund schools, colleges, and universities.  The federal and state governments fund medical, military, and environmental research, as well as basic research operations. I'm sure the Democrats and Republicans would argue over specific priorities, but neither of these parties denies education/R&D funding altogether.  You are probably thinking of Libertarians or Constitutionalists. I am NOT a Libertarian; I am a Republican.

And "theocracy" is so overdone, don't you think?  I do not think a Republican takeover of congress will yield a theocracy.  For starters, the US Constitution would prohibit that.  Stop being so dramatic.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2010, 08:13:45 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2010, 12:51:06 PM by Cathcon »

If God created everything then what created God?

The people who wrote the Bible.

What? You don't believe in God?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »

non-sequitur.  He's not saying he believes or doesn't believe in God.  (Whether he believes in God is probably irrelevant.)  He's just stating that men created God.  Man created photodiodes, right?  If I say, "Man created photodiodes," would you automatically ask, "Don't you believe in photodiodes?"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2010, 06:33:28 AM »

non-sequitur.  He's not saying he believes or doesn't believe in God.  (Whether he believes in God is probably irrelevant.)  He's just stating that men created God.  Man created photodiodes, right?  If I say, "Man created photodiodes," would you automatically ask, "Don't you believe in photodiodes?"

Reductio ad absurdum is always so hilarious. Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies