Anyone interesting in an RP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:39:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Anyone interesting in an RP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anyone interesting in an RP?  (Read 4253 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:16 PM »

I didn't know where exactly to put this because it doesn't have to be election or history related.

Would anyone be interested in starting a Role-Playing game?  What I have in mind is a kind of free-form game where we all take the role of character in whatever setting we choose and work together to create our own story- a role-play.  I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Setting could range from Sci-fi to fantasy, from modern to historical, post-apocalyptic or whatever else we decide.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »

I'd be interested, but only if it has some political connotation.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »

Can I be the feisty french maid?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:49:43 PM »

Eh, with college, as far as RP goes, I only have time for FTO...
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:58:20 AM »

Eh, with college, as far as RP goes, I only have time for FTO...
You're hilarious.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I was going for something other than an interactive timeline that focuses on campaigns.

Maybe we could play as politicians that survive a nuclear blast on Washington?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:20:45 PM »

Splendid idea!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 07:51:47 PM »

Anyone else?

Working with that idea, we could all play as government officials (senators, congressman, cabinet members, aides, etc.) that were out of town when the bomb blast went off.  Let's say it killed the President and everyone else in the White House.  At the same time, there was a joint session going on in Congress, so all of the leadership of both houses are dead. 

I would suggest revewing the Continuity of Operations Plan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_of_Operations_Plan

We would all have to go to Mount Weather which is near Bluemont, Virginia per that plan.  So there's an easy place for us to meet.  After that we will just have to improv.  Sound good?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »

Anyone else?

Working with that idea, we could all play as government officials (senators, congressman, cabinet members, aides, etc.) that were out of town when the bomb blast went off.  Let's say it killed the President and everyone else in the White House.  At the same time, there was a joint session going on in Congress, so all of the leadership of both houses are dead. 

I would suggest revewing the Continuity of Operations Plan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuity_of_Operations_Plan

We would all have to go to Mount Weather which is near Bluemont, Virginia per that plan.  So there's an easy place for us to meet.  After that we will just have to improv.  Sound good?

This sounds interesting, I'll Join.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 08:14:35 PM »

I said this in private, but so everybody knows, sign me up.

Note: This will not hurt my performance in Americana, gang. Smiley

As has been said earlier, perhaps a "Fallout 3" type environment would be very interesting - us playing politicians in a post-nuclear world.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »

Do you want just like a terrorist-style attack on DC or a terrorist style attack on the top 4 or 5 most important american cities or the aftermath of a conventional nuclear war with Russia/China/another nuclear power?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:08 PM »

Do you want just like a terrorist-style attack on DC or a terrorist style attack on the top 4 or 5 most important american cities or the aftermath of a conventional nuclear war with Russia/China/another nuclear power?

Option #2.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »

Option #2.
We'll wait to see what everyone else wants before going with that but to flesh out Option 2 a bit, what time period would be best?  Modern Day?  Late Cold War?  Early Cold War?  Obviously the last two would have Russia as the agressor but for Option 3 there are a few more states to choose from. 
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »

Option #2.
We'll wait to see what everyone else wants before going with that but to flesh out Option 2 a bit, what time period would be best?  Modern Day?  Late Cold War?  Early Cold War?  Obviously the last two would have Russia as the agressor but for Option 3 there are a few more states to choose from. 

I vote for Modern Day.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »

I'm open to pretty much all of these options that have been floated out.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 09:13:57 PM »

It seems like there is four of us interested in playing so far.  I would also vote modern day, which is why I don't like the conventional nuclear attack because it makes absolutely no sense.

As a side question, how many people should we have before we begin?
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »

It seems like there is four of us interested in playing so far.  I would also vote modern day, which is why I don't like the conventional nuclear attack because it makes absolutely no sense.

As many as possible.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »

As many as possible.

Six would be a good quorom, but I wouldn't want to put a cap of any sort on this.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »

More would be preferred, but it could work with four if necessary.

SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 10:15:21 PM »

Mind signing me up? I love the idea of playing a political Fallout 3. Cheesy
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »

Would anybody object to there being some "Shoot em up bang bang" element to this, even if it was only on the side?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »

Sure!  The more the merrier!

Well we don't have to be politicians in this scenario, I just suggested that beacuse someone said they wanted to do something politics-related.  We could be CIA agents tracking down the terrorists who detonated the bomb (if we go the terrorist option).

Though playing as the politicians trying to lead the recovery from a massive nuclear strike could be very interesting.  Maybe we could set it in the near future.  Russia's government has collapsed and in the chaos some old general from the Cold War with a grudge against America and his mind nearly gone seizes much of Russia's nuclear facilities and launches all of the ICBM's against us?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

Any thoughts?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »

Well we don't have to be politicians in this scenario, I just suggested that beacuse someone said they wanted to do something politics-related.  We could be CIA agents tracking down the terrorists who detonated the bomb (if we go the terrorist option).

Though playing as the politicians trying to lead the recovery from a massive nuclear strike could be very interesting.  Maybe we could set it in the near future.  Russia's government has collapsed and in the chaos some old general from the Cold War with a grudge against America and his mind nearly gone seizes much of Russia's nuclear facilities and launches all of the ICBM's against us?

Well, the idea would be that we would be "politicians" and shooting - similar to "warlords" in the barren wastelands that rule through force, and we're trying to establish a ramshackle society.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »

Well, the idea would be that we would be "politicians" and shooting - similar to "warlords" in the barren wastelands that rule through force, and we're trying to establish a ramshackle society.
So your saying after like a huge nuclear attack by another power we rebuild society kind of a thing.  Post-apocalyptic (that would be a good theme also)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »

So your saying after like a huge nuclear attack by another power we rebuild society kind of a thing.  Post-apocalyptic (that would be a good theme also)

Yeah.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies