DE: Public Policy Polling: Coons with Solid Lead over O'Donnell in Delaware
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  DE: Public Policy Polling: Coons with Solid Lead over O'Donnell in Delaware
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DE: Public Policy Polling: Coons with Solid Lead over O'Donnell in Delaware  (Read 4137 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »

I'm not very impressed by 50-34.  Fortunately for some, this poll is already out-of-date, much like the NH one.

How much is he supposed to lead by exactly? Joe Biden only beat her by 30 in a huge Democratic year when she got no attention from anyone. A 16 point spread looks pretty good to me.

In the middle of a nasty as hell primary?  ok...  She's still unelectable, but my point is that this isn't all that.

What races are there, where few ads have been run, where one candidate is above 50 and the other is below 35, do you view as still competitive? 
I don't think anyone would argue that it is competitive at the moment. I merely suspect that as Election Day gets nearer, the margin between Coons and O'Donnell will narrow.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »

I'm not very impressed by 50-34.  Fortunately for some, this poll is already out-of-date, much like the NH one.

How much is he supposed to lead by exactly? Joe Biden only beat her by 30 in a huge Democratic year when she got no attention from anyone. A 16 point spread looks pretty good to me.

In the middle of a nasty as hell primary?  ok...  She's still unelectable, but my point is that this isn't all that.

What races are there, where few ads have been run, where one candidate is above 50 and the other is below 35, do you view as still competitive? 
I don't think anyone would argue that it is competitive at the moment. I merely suspect that as Election Day gets nearer, the margin between Coons and O'Donnell will narrow.

Based off what??  Her negatives are simply WAYYYYY too high.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 01:24:02 AM »

Chris Coons is a lucky bastard.  He just got himself a meal-ticket to DC for the next 20 years.

In these rocky Teabagger times, a sudden United States Senator is born every minute.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:31 PM »

Chris Coons is a lucky bastard.  He just got himself a meal-ticket to DC for the next 20 years.

In these rocky Teabagger times, a sudden United States Senator is born every minute.

Chris Coons just became the Biden Family's least favorite person. I wonder if VP Biden will try and give Carper a push out of the seat for Beau in 2012.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »

What an f'ing disaster.  She didn't even get a primary bump.

Rarely is there a primary bump.  I remember Rendell behind Fisher in 2002.

I would not count too much on the first number.

Coons is running some moderately good commercials.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 10:31:50 PM »

Rasmussen's likely voter screen tends to lead its way to some "Primary bumps"
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »

I don't think there is a "primary bump," like you find after a presidential nomination convention.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »

I don't think there is a "primary bump," like you find after a presidential nomination convention.

Creigh Deeds.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 02:20:09 AM »

I'm not saying an actual Primary bump exists, I am saying that Rasmussen has had Primary bumps in his post-primary polls.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 02:22:57 AM »

Hm... if all the undecideds break O'Donnell's way, the race is a dead heat.

The poll did leave out the other 2 candidates.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 02:23:39 AM »

As I already pointed out, this was taken after an extremely negative primary and before O'Donnell raised nearly a million dollars, let alone spent it.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 02:33:27 AM »

As I already pointed out, this was taken after an extremely negative primary and before O'Donnell raised nearly a million dollars, let alone spent it.

Thats not going to turn around her insanely high negatives.  I mean look at these numbers among moderates....

14% Favorable
63% Unfavorable

No coming back from that, not to mention more of her bats*** craziness has come out since then.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 02:35:12 AM »

Thats not going to turn around her insanely high negatives.  I mean look at these numbers among moderates....

14% Favorable
63% Unfavorable

No coming back from that, not to mention more of her bats*** craziness has come out since then.

Independents would be a better statistic. Moderates tend to be left-leaning in actuality; polls have shown most GOP candidates losing among 'moderates' and yet winning due to their majority among Independents.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 02:51:40 AM »

I'm not very impressed by 50-34.  Fortunately for some, this poll is already out-of-date, much like the NH one.

In the middle of a nasty as hell primary?  ok...  She's still unelectable, but my point is that this isn't all that.

Based off what??  Her negatives are simply WAYYYYY too high.

Thats not going to turn around her insanely high negatives.  I mean look at these numbers among moderates....

14% Favorable
63% Unfavorable

Independents would be a better statistic. Moderates tend to be left-leaning in actuality; polls have shown most GOP candidates losing among 'moderates' and yet winning due to their majority among Independents.

Among Independents its
31% Favorable
46% Unfavorable

In a state Democrats have an 18 point advantage, #'s like that among Independents makes you completely unelectable.

Also as far as moderates go, in a state like Delaware you not only need to appeal to Independents if you are going to have a chance (which she doesn't), but you need to appeal to some Democrats as well, specifically those that tend to label themselves as moderates.  A -49 favorable??  No way.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 07:03:25 AM »

Even if O'Donnell were to win independents 2-1, she'd still have to pull in about 20% of Democrats to win in Delaware. Which seems somewhat unlikely.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 08:07:26 AM »

This is also pre-witchgate. Tongue

I don't care about that story much at all, personally. It'll probably freak some people out though (maybe even some of her own backers).
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 10:52:49 AM »

Even if O'Donnell were to win independents 2-1, she'd still have to pull in about 20% of Democrats to win in Delaware. Which seems somewhat unlikely.

Is this assuming it's a high turnout election?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »

Is this assuming it's a high turnout election?

Does it matter? Democrats make up 47% of registered voters. Even if you assume Republicans turn out in a higher proportion, it still requires a Republican to win a significant chunk of Democrats to win statewide.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies