OH: CNN/Time: Portman now with more than 50% support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:16:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  OH: CNN/Time: Portman now with more than 50% support
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: CNN/Time: Portman now with more than 50% support  (Read 1365 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:50 AM »

New Poll: Ohio Senator by CNN/Time on 2010-09-15

Summary: D: 41%, R: 52%, I: 4%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:06 AM »

Remember DSCC, there's still a lot of money with candidates with less than 30% chance of losing their seats.  Yes, I'm talking about Schumer and others.  Distribute that money to those that are broke so they actually have a fighting chance.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:50:48 AM »

It looks like the Democratic Party has imploded across the Rust Belt.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:28:08 AM »

It's quite interesting how rapid this collapse has been. Just a few months ago, races like this one & PA-Sen were dead heats.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:29:42 AM »

It's quite interesting how rapid this collapse has been. Just a few months ago, races like this one & PA-Sen were dead heats.

Likely Voted Screens will do that to you.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:43:18 AM »

Portman is my favorite candidate this cycle, even more than Rubio, Toomey, and Ayotte.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:27:06 AM »

To me, it looks like Ohio returning to form after a brief surge for the Democrats in '06 augmented by a Republican collapse in '08. Not that this way of looking at it is any more favorable for the Democrats, but Ohio has generally been a tough nut to crack for us. Dems did awful there in House races in '06, all things considered.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:25:27 AM »

Portman is my favorite candidate this cycle, even more than Rubio, Toomey, and Ayotte.
Portman isn't a bad candidate, but if I was a Republican I would probably have a huge man crush on Rubio. He's going to be either President/Vice President one day, I'd bet money on it.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Portman isn't a bad candidate, but if I was a Republican I would probably have a huge man crush on Rubio. He's going to be either President/Vice President one day, I'd bet money on it.

It's Portman's time as Trade Rep that makes me like him so much.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »

To me, it looks like Ohio returning to form after a brief surge for the Democrats in '06 augmented by a Republican collapse in '08. Not that this way of looking at it is any more favorable for the Democrats, but Ohio has generally been a tough nut to crack for us. Dems did awful there in House races in '06, all things considered.

Ohio swung a little more than half as much as the nation from Kerry to Obama. So I have to disagree with that. I suspect that Ohio has more soft Dems than soft Republican voters is why swings to the GOP hurt the Dems more in Ohio, than when the swing is the other way. That is because Ohio has a certain redneck quality, plus a lot of whites in Southeast Ohio from south of the Ohio River, so the white working class and lower middle class vote down there, is unusual low for the Dems for a northern state. 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:17:56 PM »

Ohio swung a little more than half as much as the nation from Kerry to Obama. So I have to disagree with that. I suspect that Ohio has more soft Dems than soft Republican voters is why swings to the GOP hurt the Dems more in Ohio, than when the swing is the other way. That is because Ohio has a certain redneck quality, plus a lot of whites in Southeast Ohio from south of the Ohio River, so the white working class and lower middle class vote down there, is unusual low for the Dems for a northern state. 

Very true. The real Mason-Dison Line around here is actually I-70. Wink

Oh, and you're right about the bad 06 showing in congressional races, Brittain. Gerrymandering will do that to you. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies