Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 02:48:37 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2010 Elections
| | |-+  2010 Senatorial Election Polls (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | | |-+  OH: CNN/Time: Portman now with more than 50% support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OH: CNN/Time: Portman now with more than 50% support  (Read 709 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Moderators
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

P P P

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:50 am »
Ignore

New Poll: Ohio Senator by CNN/Time on 2010-09-15

Summary: D: 41%, R: 52%, I: 4%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:06 am »
Ignore

Remember DSCC, there's still a lot of money with candidates with less than 30% chance of losing their seats.  Yes, I'm talking about Schumer and others.  Distribute that money to those that are broke so they actually have a fighting chance.

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:50:48 am »
Ignore

It looks like the Democratic Party has imploded across the Rust Belt.

Economic score: -6.26
Social score: -7.74
IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:28:08 am »
Ignore

It's quite interesting how rapid this collapse has been. Just a few months ago, races like this one & PA-Sen were dead heats.

Dgov
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 02:29:42 am »
Ignore

It's quite interesting how rapid this collapse has been. Just a few months ago, races like this one & PA-Sen were dead heats.

Likely Voted Screens will do that to you.

Political Matrix:  +7.1, -3.83

A world without sin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-NVs68X_S4
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 03:43:18 am »
Ignore

Portman is my favorite candidate this cycle, even more than Rubio, Toomey, and Ayotte.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
Gravis Marketing
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:27:06 am »
Ignore

To me, it looks like Ohio returning to form after a brief surge for the Democrats in '06 augmented by a Republican collapse in '08. Not that this way of looking at it is any more favorable for the Democrats, but Ohio has generally been a tough nut to crack for us. Dems did awful there in House races in '06, all things considered.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 11:25:27 am »
Ignore

Portman is my favorite candidate this cycle, even more than Rubio, Toomey, and Ayotte.
Portman isn't a bad candidate, but if I was a Republican I would probably have a huge man crush on Rubio. He's going to be either President/Vice President one day, I'd bet money on it.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 04:40:06 pm »
Ignore

Portman isn't a bad candidate, but if I was a Republican I would probably have a huge man crush on Rubio. He's going to be either President/Vice President one day, I'd bet money on it.

It's Portman's time as Trade Rep that makes me like him so much.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »
Ignore

To me, it looks like Ohio returning to form after a brief surge for the Democrats in '06 augmented by a Republican collapse in '08. Not that this way of looking at it is any more favorable for the Democrats, but Ohio has generally been a tough nut to crack for us. Dems did awful there in House races in '06, all things considered.

Ohio swung a little more than half as much as the nation from Kerry to Obama. So I have to disagree with that. I suspect that Ohio has more soft Dems than soft Republican voters is why swings to the GOP hurt the Dems more in Ohio, than when the swing is the other way. That is because Ohio has a certain redneck quality, plus a lot of whites in Southeast Ohio from south of the Ohio River, so the white working class and lower middle class vote down there, is unusual low for the Dems for a northern state. 

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »
Ignore

Ohio swung a little more than half as much as the nation from Kerry to Obama. So I have to disagree with that. I suspect that Ohio has more soft Dems than soft Republican voters is why swings to the GOP hurt the Dems more in Ohio, than when the swing is the other way. That is because Ohio has a certain redneck quality, plus a lot of whites in Southeast Ohio from south of the Ohio River, so the white working class and lower middle class vote down there, is unusual low for the Dems for a northern state. 

Very true. The real Mason-Dison Line around here is actually I-70. Wink

Oh, and you're right about the bad 06 showing in congressional races, Brittain. Gerrymandering will do that to you. Tongue

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout