2012 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:06:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 15216 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Mitt Romney makes a campaign tour of Illinois.  In the morning, about 10:00 A.M., he is met at the Chicago airport by Republican State Senate leader Christine Radogno, and a large crowd of supporters and well wishers, holding ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT signs.

Radogno:  I am pleased to be here today to greet Governor Mitt Romney.  Governor Romney brings to this race outstanding qualifications as a proven leader in both the private and public sectors.  Governor Romney.

Romney:  Thank you very much Christine.  And thank you all for coming here today.  America faces a crisis in leadership.  The Obama administraion has ran America's economy into the ground.  Unemployment rates stand at unacceptable levels.  America's economic position in the world continues to decline.  We are not keeping pace in today's changing world.  Well, I can tell you, for the sake of this nation, and for the sake of our children and grandchildren, things have to change, and when I am in the White House, they will.  I will restore fiscal integrity and responsibility to the leadership of our nation.

In the afternoon, Romney proceeds to go on a Chicago radio station, then a television station, for interviews.

In the evening, Romney makes a major address on the ecnomy and his proposals to revitalize the nation's economy, to the Chicago Board of Trade.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 10:40:11 PM »

Governor Romney makes a campaign stop in Trenton, New Jersey, attracting thousands of enthusiastic supporters and well wishers.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Chris Christie, Governor of the greatest state in the union, New Jersey, and I am here today to throw my support behind the next President of the United States, Mitt Romney.  Mitt knows how to rescue America from the fiscal disaster that Obama and the big spending Democrats have gotten this nation into.  Mitt has a proven record of accomplishment.  As Governor of Massachusetts, he attacked the state deficit head on and won.  My friends, he will do the same for this nation.  America needs Mitt's leadership at this crucial time. 

Mitt is the only candidate with the experience, record, and qualifications that can take on this nation's challenges and overcome them.  Other candidates may promise results, but Mitt is really the only candidate who has the qualifications, the experience, the gravitas, and the only candidate who has actually delivered results.  That is why I stand one hundred percent behind Mitt Romney for President.  Governor Romney.

Cheering.

Thank you Governor for that great welcome.  Man it's great to be here in the great state of New Jersey.  (Cheers)  What a great audience.  Thank you for coming here today.  America stands today at a crisis point.  Our fiscal house is teetering on the brink of disaster.  It is going to take strong and effective fiscal management to bring this nation back to prosperity and to finally end these record unemployment rates, and create jobs and opportunities for Americans all across this land.  My pledge to you and to this nation is that, as President, I will restore our economy to prosperity and that my administration will have as it's number one priority jobs, jobs, jobs.  Jobs, good jobs, meaningful jobs for Americans. 

Under my administration, one of the few unemployed Americans in this nation will be Barack Obama.

Cheering and laughter.

Together, we can make this nation great again.  Join with me my friends, join with me in making America great again.

Thank you and let's get to work.

Raucous cheering.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:22:47 PM »

This is CNN with breaking news.

In a shocking turn of events on the campaign trail, just moments ago, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has withdrawn from the Presidential race.

In an emotional appearance, Governor Romney stated that he was withdrawing from the race for personal reasons, explaining that his wife Ann's MS condition had taken a turn for the worse, and that he would be dedicating his time to looking after her, stating

My priorities are to look after my dear wife Ann, who needs me now more than ever before.  As I take my leave of public life, I wish to thank all those who have supported me over these many years.  I trust that my many supporters in this campaign will not feel that I have let them down, but will understand that  my responsibilities are now to help Ann through this difficult time.     

Romney, the leading candidate for the Republican Presidential nomination, and the only Republican polls show currently beating President Obama in an election, also made the following surprise statement.

I am not making any endorsements, and I know there are several fine and capable candidates seeking the Republican Presidential nomination,  but I believe that Marsha Blackburn has the qualities that would enable her to become an effective President.

This is CNN.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies