Delaware: The end of an era
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Delaware: The end of an era
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Delaware: The end of an era  (Read 4187 times)
Dgov
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »

Let me ask this one question:  Why would such an era be beneficial?  From the OP, it seems like the parties were conspiring against the Voters to ensure that they all held their political positions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »

And if it's the wrong agenda, I don't want them to implement it.

From the power balance point of view, 51 seat majority is better than a 50 seat minority. Even if Castle would vote with Dems on a lot of issues, there's still a majority, that would allow a conservative leadership to controll committees, an essential thing in Congress.

By the way, Republicans wouldn't have anyway a real all-conservative majority, as they need people like Snowe, Collins etc. to hate a majority at all.

Snowe and Collins aren't that moderate, and the far right will certainly have the 41 votes needed to fillibuster anything reasonable.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 09:26:14 PM »

And if it's the wrong agenda, I don't want them to implement it.

From the power balance point of view, 51 seat majority is better than a 50 seat minority. Even if Castle would vote with Dems on a lot of issues, there's still a majority, that would allow a conservative leadership to controll committees, an essential thing in Congress.

By the way, Republicans wouldn't have anyway a real all-conservative majority, as they need people like Snowe, Collins etc. to hate a majority at all.

Snowe and Collins aren't that moderate, and the far right will certainly have the 41 votes needed to fillibuster anything reasonable.

Of course for a people with a brain like us they're not. However, for Republican far wing lunatics, they are.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 01:06:16 AM »

Of course. Now please tell me how Castle would advance the GOP?

Who cares about the party?  I'm more concerned with principles and convictions in the members of our government.  Castle had integrity and was an effective and pragmatic legislator.  Any party would benefit from having someone like that representing them.  Vapid ideologues with little to no actual interest in doing or ability to do anything worthwhile are hijacking this anti-incumbent wave.  The Republicans' advances are shallow and worthless.  Half the garbage candidates, while all one step more radically conservative than the next, will fail miserably at representing their constituents' values and needs.  Castle was a proven effective representative for his state and its political needs and priorities.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies