Christine O'Donnell (DE-TP) is/was a witch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:28:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Christine O'Donnell (DE-TP) is/was a witch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Christine O'Donnell (DE-TP) is/was a witch  (Read 4252 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 10:37:57 AM »

I love how the supposedly tolerant liberals are repeatedly using religious associations to smear their opponents. Sharron Angle had ties to Scientology, Christine O'Donnell practiced witchcraft, Rand Paul worshipped the Aqua Buddha, etc. Why not actually debate their opponents on matters of substance than what their opponents might have done at least a decade ago in their private lives?

We'll ignore their religion when they stop trying to turn our country into a theocracy.
So you stoop to their level by making religion relevant in politics? Wouldn't it make more sense to take the moral highground on social issues, rather than making yourselves just as idiotic as the Republicans?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »

I love how the supposedly tolerant liberals are repeatedly using religious associations to smear their opponents. Sharron Angle had ties to Scientology, Christine O'Donnell practiced witchcraft, Rand Paul worshipped the Aqua Buddha, etc. Why not actually debate their opponents on matters of substance than what their opponents might have done at least a decade ago in their private lives?

The fact is, these candidates try to claim such high ground when it comes to religion, yet have things in their past that make them look like hypocrites and not exactly stable. All of three of these candidates opponents are debating them on the issues, not once have they brought up religion.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 12:03:48 PM »

And what about "OMG OBAMA WENT TO JEREMIAH WRIGHT'S CHURCH!!!"?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »

Or "Obama's a Muslim!"
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »

Or "Obama's a Muslim!"

Not really in the same category as the rest, as those are at least based on facts while that is based on complete nonsense that no non-dumb believes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »

I wonder how many teens these days who dabble in goth,etc, will have to answer for it when they lead us in future years.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »

Tolerance doesn't extend to hypocrisy. O'Donnell did all this crap in her life previously, now she's "turned her life around" and is a moral scold, so she gets a free pass on anything she did because she's a "good Christian woman" now.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

Yeah, no one in the media is mocking her. Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »

Christine is apparently smart enough to know that one thing she has to do, is avoid answering any tough questions from the media.  Expect her to spend most of her time with Hannity. Come to think of it, I would like to interview her. At the end, I would give her a voodoo doll, with my name on it, so that she could stick pins in it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »

Does she observe kosher laws and not eat anything on Yom Kippur? I doubt it, but that wouldn't put her as much different from many Reform Jews who would claim to be religious. So no clue really.

I should note that the only Jewish politician who makes a big deal of the religious aspect of their Judaism is Lieberman. There was a bit of controversy when he broke his Sabbath to vote against the resolution condemning the surge, considering he has never broke the Sabbath before.

not concerned about what someone was or believed.

off topic:  is she still Catholic?  she doesn't seem like it to me

I think she went from being raised Catholic to non-religious to evangelical and then back to Catholic.

And you do realize that many of those churches oppose masturbation on moral grounds?

I'm Episcopalian, where it is considered  sex with a socially acceptable partner.

This thread has nothing to do with masturbation, and even if it did "so and so's church teaches that" is not an excuse especially if you attacked Obama over Jeremiah Wright even though it is quite obvious that Obama does not agree with Wright's more controversial statements.

BRTD, I was one of the few Republicans here that didn't criticize Obama for Pastor Wright.  You have commented on her beliefs, and her religious affiliations, and I have commented on these church's beliefs on the subject. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »

Christine is apparently smart enough to know that one thing she has to do, is avoid answering any tough questions from the media.  Expect her to spend most of her time with Hannity. Come to think of it, I would like to interview her. At the end, I would give her a voodoo doll, with my name on it, so that she could stick pins in it.

Not surprising to see her take the Sharron Angle approach to the media.  After all:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But this in particular is rather confusing:

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2010, 03:18:04 PM by Torie »

Not surprising to see her take the Sharron Angle approach to the media.  After all:

But this in particular is rather confusing:

Fox New Sunday is hosted by Chris Wallace, and Chris Wallace is not in the same Venn Diagram box as Hannity. Chris would ask about some of her resume bullet points (not the resume she puts out, but the one that actually reflects her past). O'Donnell is not in this to win the race, she is in this to do a post election loss Palin.  Palin must inspire her with the most interesting fantasies.

Angle by the way is now engaging the media. She seems to have got her act together. She is nuts in some ways, but she is not sociopathic, and is basically a sincere person.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 03:26:26 PM »

With friends like that who needs enemies?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 05:33:26 AM »

Apparently, she also has inside info on mice with fully functioning human brains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_4if1x1pH8
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 05:41:44 AM »

I love how a self-described "libertarian" such as yourself thinks so collectively all the time.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »

She dated a "witch?"  A male witch, presumably?

I only know one person who did witchcraft, and she's now a fundamentalist Christian.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »

She dated a "witch?"  A male witch, presumably?

I only know one person who did witchcraft, and she's now a fundamentalist Christian.

Not surprising. What's really the difference anyway? That's probably why it's hard for someone like me to care much about this story.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »

In 1692, we had the Salem Witch Trials. In 2011, if we elect this loon, we're going to have the D.C. Witch Trials...
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 05:22:41 PM »

I never said that Repubicans weren't just as guilty of it. I'm pretty sure I lost several brain cells trying to watch Sean Hannity to see how many times he could say "Reverend Wright" before he went to commercial. But, if Democrats are truly the party that doesn't care about what happens in your bedroom, why are they stooping to the theocrats' level to smear their opponents? If Democrats are just as bad as Republicans are on social issues, why should I bother to vote for them when they are even worse on economics?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2010, 11:04:16 PM »

Hillary Clinton talking to Eleanor Roosevelt in the WH was even stranger.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »

I have an idea to test these witchcraft accusations once and for all: Have O'Donnell be the Republican candidate in a state that voted for Obama with 62% of the vote. If she wins, she must be a witch. If she loses, she is innocent.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 11:29:36 PM »

I have an idea to test these witchcraft accusations once and for all: Have O'Donnell be the Republican candidate in a state that voted for Obama with 62% of the vote. If she wins, she must be a witch. If she loses, she is innocent.

Just build a bridge out of her.  It worked for Ted Stevens.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies