Pence wins Values Voter Summit straw poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:06:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Pence wins Values Voter Summit straw poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pence wins Values Voter Summit straw poll  (Read 4397 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 07:55:33 AM »

Seriously, Mike Pence? He is undoubtedly one of the stupidest members of Congress. Listen to him do an interview or something; there's nothing up there.

He's also boring as all hell.

Anyway, how did the Paulities not get into this thing?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

Seriously, Mike Pence? He is undoubtedly one of the stupidest members of Congress. Listen to him do an interview or something; there's nothing up there.

He's also boring as all hell.

Anyway, how did the Paulities not get into this thing?
Nope.  The Paulites arent "Values Voters".
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 07:20:47 PM »

Pence - 24%
Huckabee - (22%)
Romney - (13%)
Gingrich - (10%)
Palin - (7%)

Wonder what this will do to the Intrade rankings of Pence and Huckabee . . .
Whew, when I didn't see Romney even on Top 5, I was getting worried. Thank heavens he was at least third! Smiley Not bad considering the people who were voting in this. What makes me even more happy is that only 7% voted for Palin.

You can take my word for it that Romney is one of the worst governors Massachusetts has had within living memory, and he'd be an equally awful president.  That's not my ideology speaking - I nearly always prefer Republican governors - he was just objectively an awful governor.

He wasn't a horrible governor. Die hard Republicans just like to bitch about him after 2008, because he actually tried to give healthcare to his state's citizens. Republicans in general don't give a crap that millions of Americans can't afford coverage. The only Republican in Washington that has creativity on the healthcare issue and everything else is basically Paul Ryan. But seriously Mike Pence! That guy is such a bore, and a neo-con. Figures the Values Voters would vote for him and Huckabee. Afterall they have to make sure Jesus will be able to return to Israel rather than a Palestinian controlled state on judgment day.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:19 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2010, 08:17:22 PM by Keep Cool With Cal »

I live in Massachusetts, friendo.  I do not know anyone, of any ideological persuasion, who thinks that Mitt Romney did a satisfactory job as governor.  After being elected by lying about his supposed principles, he proceeded to spend his entire term in office outside the state, running for President and joking about what a stupid liberal state Massachusetts is (yes, really).  By the way, the healthcare thing, his one big initiative, has turned out to be a complete disaster.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »

Well, you may think that, but Massachusetts people, AKA, the people who matter, would disagree with you.

That's not a very nice word.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »

I live in Massachusetts, friendo.  I do not know anyone, of any ideological persuasion, who thinks that Mitt Romney did a satisfactory job as governor.  After being elected by lying about his supposed principles, he proceeded to spend his entire term in office outside the state, running for President and joking about what a stupid liberal state Massachusetts is (yes, really).  By the way, the healthcare thing, his one big initiative, has turned out to be a complete disaster.

So who else are Republicans supposed to nominate for President then? Right now there are slim pickings for them in candidates. The electoral map is stacked against them, and they can't take the risk of nominating someone from the deep south, or Sunbelt again that won't help them win back areas they need. Daniels is boring, Thune is a theocrat, Paul isn't acceptable to the majority of Republicans, Palin is off her meds, Pawlenty is too bland, Huckabee is too folksy, and Barbour is too connected with corruption. Christie is too green to make a run yet, and Scott Brown is focusing on reelction in 2012.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »

Mitt Romney is the Republican version of John Kerry.  He's no more electable than any of the others.  The GOP may have to look to this cycle - Chris Christie or Marco Rubio - to find an electable candidate.
DS0816
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »

Mitt Romney is the Republican version of John Kerry.  He's no more electable than any of the others.  The GOP may have to look to this cycle - Chris Christie or Marco Rubio - to find an electable candidate.

Chris Christie is incompetent.

Marco Rubio is an extremist.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 11:24:33 PM »

Chris Christie is incompetent.

Marco Rubio is an extremist.

Inane hackery.
DS0816
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »

If you say so.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »

Bull Moose Base

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »

I enjoy when the same party who hammered Obama on being too inexperienced to be president now excitedly touts a state legislator from Florida as up to the job or a guy who has been governor of NJ for 8 months.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 12:56:31 PM »

Hillary Clinton?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 12:57:32 AM »

Pence could unify the party and rally the base but provide little beyond that. I think he would be a better Minority Leader/Speaker.

We don't have a really good candidate. That is one of the reasons I am not to excited about the GOP chances of defeating Obama.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 08:59:53 AM »

Interesting.  I've never heard him speak.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

DeMint is probably a better candidate than Pence.
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

So who else are Republicans supposed to nominate for President then? Right now there are slim pickings for them in candidates. The electoral map is stacked against them, and they can't take the risk of nominating someone from the deep south, or Sunbelt again that won't help them win back areas they need. Daniels is boring, Thune is a theocrat, Paul isn't acceptable to the majority of Republicans, Palin is off her meds, Pawlenty is too bland, Huckabee is too folksy, and Barbour is too connected with corruption. Christie is too green to make a run yet, and Scott Brown is focusing on reelction in 2012.

Huckabee. I think it'd be incredibly difficult for Obama to face Huckabee due to Huckabee's fiscal points of view. Obama can't describe him as your stereotypical Republican tax cutter for the rich.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »

Huckabee. I think it'd be incredibly difficult for Obama to face Huckabee due to Huckabee's fiscal points of view. Obama can't describe him as your stereotypical Republican tax cutter for the rich.

He will anyway.  Besides, the "tax cutter for the rich" line of attack doesn't really resonate with anyone except for people who would already vote Democratic anyway.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 03:34:40 PM »

Interesting.  I've never heard him speak.

I dunno.  He doesn't sound particularly bad in most interviews I've seen.....like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=9nSUe0zGF6A&feature=channel

Seems pretty average by the standard of most members of Congress.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2010, 07:17:57 PM »

Btw, The Hill is reporting that House GOP sources say Pence is likely to run for either president or governor in 2012:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/120719-pence-is-likely-to-seek-higher-office-say-fellow-republicans-

and that there's a good chance he won't run for a leadership position in the new House, regardless of whether the GOP takes the majority.  Kevin McCarthy and Pete Sessions are mentioned as possible candidates for Majority Whip if the GOP takes the majority.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »

Btw, The Hill is reporting that House GOP sources say Pence is likely to run for either president or governor in 2012:

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/120719-pence-is-likely-to-seek-higher-office-say-fellow-republicans-

and that there's a good chance he won't run for a leadership position in the new House, regardless of whether the GOP takes the majority.  Kevin McCarthy and Pete Sessions are mentioned as possible candidates for Majority Whip if the GOP takes the majority.

I can see him running for Governor in 2012.  He will only be 53.  Two successful terms as governor could make him a competitor for the nomination in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies