MI: EPIC/MRI: Snyder keeps huge lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:59:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI: EPIC/MRI: Snyder keeps huge lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI: EPIC/MRI: Snyder keeps huge lead  (Read 2771 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »

New Poll: Michigan Governor by EPIC/MRI on 2010-09-16

Summary: D: 29%, R: 53%, I: 4%, U: 15%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »

Is the "Tri-county region" Wanye, Oakland, and Macomb county or is it the "Tri-city area" counties of Bay, Saginaw, and Genessee?
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »

Is the "Tri-county region" Wanye, Oakland, and Macomb county or is it the "Tri-city area" counties of Bay, Saginaw, and Genessee?

The "Tri-County Region" often refers to Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 03:13:50 PM »

Really? I realize you're in Michigan, but this seems very strange, given that the entire rest of the state is lumped in as "outstate" and the chart is from the Detroit Free Press. Also, Wikipedia claims that "At its core, Metro Detroit comprises the counties of Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb.[2] These counties are sometimes referred to informally as the Detroit Tri-County Area and had an estimated population of 3,962,783 as of 2009."
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »

This one is probably over. At least who appears to be the most tolerable Republican won the nomination.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 03:27:29 PM »

And people thought the Michigan GOP had screwed up.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »

Well this is a relief. Republicans could potentially be in complete charge of redistricting in Michigan. I find it encouraging that Snyder is doing better among young people than he is old.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 03:52:19 PM »

And people Inks thought the Michigan GOP had screwed up.
fixed
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »

Really? I realize you're in Michigan, but this seems very strange, given that the entire rest of the state is lumped in as "outstate" and the chart is from the Detroit Free Press. Also, Wikipedia claims that "At its core, Metro Detroit comprises the counties of Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb.[2] These counties are sometimes referred to informally as the Detroit Tri-County Area and had an estimated population of 3,962,783 as of 2009."

Pretty much all relevant news across the state ends up in the Free Press...it's Michigan's most widely circulated newspaper. This poll was also conducted in conjunction with WOOD-TV (based in Grand Rapids) and WILX (based in Lansing).

And yes, now that I look at it again, they are probably referring to Metro Detroit. However, the term is definitely used in the Mid-Michigan area, as well.

For the record, the Michigan GOP got this one right. A Governor Cox or Hoekstra may not have happened. Each has a big mouth, are on the same level of crazy as Geoffrey Fieger, and are simply too far to the right for Michigan as a whole. The Nerd has this one in the bag. He's by far the most palatable candidate the GOP could have nominated, or at least comes off as the most reasonable.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »

Well this is a relief. Republicans could potentially be in complete charge of redistricting in Michigan. I find it encouraging that Snyder is doing better among young people than he is old.

Nah, the Dems will keep the State House.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Eh, we'll see. Republican only need 4 seats to take the House, which could happen with many candidates riding Snyder's coattails.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:03 PM »

Eh, we'll see. Republican only need 4 seats to take the House, which could happen with many candidates riding Snyder's coattails.

And by 4, you mean 12?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »

And by 4, you mean 12?

13 actually.  I could see them gaining eight or nine, but 13 is a major stretch.  Even Democrats could only gain six in 2006 with Stabanow and Granholm getting close to 60% at the top of the ticket.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies