NY-24/SRI: Rep. Arcuri (D) ahead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:10:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  NY-24/SRI: Rep. Arcuri (D) ahead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NY-24/SRI: Rep. Arcuri (D) ahead  (Read 1393 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:20:22 AM »

48% - Michael Arcuri (D)
40% - Richard Hanna (R)

This Siena College 24th C.D. survey was conducted September 13-15, 2010 by telephone calls to 605 likely voters drawn from registered voter households. It has a margin of error of + 4.0 percentage points.

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Community/Community_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/24th%20CD%202010%20Poll%20Release%201%20--%20FINAL.pdf

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Community/Community_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/CD24%20Sept2010%20Crosstabs.pdf
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:26:08 AM »

Pretty close to that DCCC internal from last week.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »

This seat should fall on most lists if the GOP is going to take the House. So ...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 10:48:33 AM »

I think a lot of these NY races are going to be tricky for the GOP. It probably doesn't help that the guy on the top of the ballot is going to get blown out of the water.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »

Amazing considering how much he messed up. I wouldn't be sad to see him go anyway even if he did.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »

I am so looking forward to NY redistricting from a data geek point of view, no matter whether Republicans pick up one seat this fall (NY-29) or five. The various possibilities moving forward depending on incumbents are fascinating, especially since newly elected Republicans will give the legislature some toys to play with.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »

I am so looking forward to NY redistricting from a data geek point of view, no matter whether Republicans pick up one seat this fall (NY-29) or five. The various possibilities moving forward depending on incumbents are fascinating, especially since newly elected Republicans will give the legislature some toys to play with.

I assume that this fantasy assumes that the Dems hold the NY state senate, no?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »

I assume that this fantasy assumes that the Dems hold the NY state senate, no?

Yes; an incumbent-protection map isn't that interesting.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »

This seat should fall on most lists if the GOP is going to take the House. So ...

Up till now, pretty much all we've had to go on is Arcuri's flip-flop on HCR and his surprisingly-close re-election in 2008. Still, I'm scratching my head at this one.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2010, 05:34:32 PM by DM 4 PM »

Not really. You have to consider up ballot races. Cuomo, Schumer, Gillibrand... All three will most likely carry this district easily. The up-ballot races in NY really make it a struggle for the National GOP to look into gaining house seats. They could've easily taken NY-20 and NY-23, but the poor state of the NY GOP wrecked that chance.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »

Not really. You have to consider up ballot races. Cuomo, Schumer, Gillibrand... All three will most likely carry this district easily. The up-ballot races in NY really make it a struggle for the National GOP to look into gaining house seats. They could've easily taken NY-20 and NY-23, but the poor state of the NY GOP wrecked that chance.

For that matter, Democratic turnout might be depressed due to the fact of them winning all statewide races easily. It doesn't help that they are winning so decisively more due to the weakness of their opponents rather than the strength of their own candidates.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 05:42:36 PM »

they are winning so decisively more due to the weakness of their opponents rather than the strength of their own candidates.

Only really the case for Gillibrand. Cuomo and Schumer seem to be pretty popular.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »

they are winning so decisively more due to the weakness of their opponents rather than the strength of their own candidates.

Only really the case for Gillibrand. Cuomo and Schumer seem to be pretty popular.

They may be popular, but they will probably not be able to carry the coattails that their margins will suggest, due to the fundamental weakness of their opponents.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 06:54:27 PM »

Paladino will galvanize the Republican vote Upstate and Arcuri will lose.  Downstate is a different story.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »

Oh wait I didn't notice this is a junk uni poll.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »

Siena isn't great, but it isn't exactly junk either.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies