Write a letter to your younger self... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:35:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Write a letter to your younger self... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Write a letter to your younger self...  (Read 2933 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« on: September 22, 2010, 03:23:11 AM »
« edited: September 22, 2010, 03:26:15 AM by tiny cities made of ashes »

To: December 2007

Hey Lewis

First off, college is great. Believe me. Far better than high school, which really is the f-cking pits. I know things look bleak now, but just work hard man and get some decent grades. Because right now, there is a big rush for all the universities. So pull your finger out dude. I was lazy and now my ass is on the line. Don't follow my mistakes.

Second, get ready for a lot of sh-t when it comes to relationships. You might not think it now, but it will happen. So be ready for it when it happens. Get ready for a lot of heartbreak though, because that's pretty much inevitable.

Don't worry about Brendan and co. You'll be friends with him again. However, please beat the crap out of that Matthew kid now. Because otherwise, you'll have to put up with him for some time longer. I've only just got him out of my life. I know he seems like a nice guy now, but he becomes an asshole.

In a couple of years, you'll have a new cat too. So you have that to look forward to.

Please stop listening to crappy pop and musichall. It's awful. Get some music taste. In three years time, you will like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Neutral Milk Hotel, Modest Mouse, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, R.E.M., Slint, Alice in Chains and My Bloody Valentine. You probably haven't heard of some of these bands, but they kick ass, so buy their albums now and save yourself the time. Also, you will like jazz, so buy Kind of Blue. You won't regret it. Also, important note, Oasis will break up in 2010. However, they will do a gig with a band called Kasabian who you will also like. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go and see it while you still can.

Don't ever watch Manos: The Hands of Fate, or listen to I Ain't A Fan But The Kids Like It! by BrokeNCYDE. Because you will spend the rest of your life wishing you could go back to that moment and shove forks in your eyes.

Don't become a libertarian, because I did and it was really ridiculous. But drop the 'British Empire YAY!' crap. It's misguided and silly. The Tories win in 2010 by the way, so get ready for the sh-t to hit the fan.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave it at that, because you're probably talking on MSN to some random guy. Final things before I go: Don't eat yellow snow, don't join AH.com and go get a damn haircut you beatnik.

Good luck dude!
Lewis of 2010
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies