Write a letter to your younger self... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Write a letter to your younger self... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Write a letter to your younger self...  (Read 2896 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: September 22, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »

To: September 15th 2002

Dear Johan

I know that you've just recently discovered an intrest in politics, and that you're probably up late right now watching a party-leader debate instead of going to sleep like mum told you to. I'm happy to tell you that this will eventually become one of your biggest intrests, and that you will spend many nights up too late watching debates and election coverage.  However I have to tell you that Gudrun Schyman sucks. I know her talk of building more houses, hire more nurses and teachers, and treat everybody equally sounds good, but you need to look behind the rethoric to find the actual message. How does she actually intend to accomplish all these things...  instead I  recommend you to look up the Centre Party, you'll not regret it.

Anyway...

Next year you'll start to discover something about yourself that will scare you to begin with. I can't tell you right now what it is, you'll need to figure it out by yourself, but you'll eventually learn to accept it. I know you think it's hard to always feel different, but being different will make you stronger and better as a person. Don't be afraid to tell Christel, she'll understand, and she won't tell anyone.

Speaking of Christel, make sure to keep in contact and take care of her. There will be periods when she will be your only friend, and in the future she'll go through some really tough dark years when you need to be there to support her as well, so you both really need eachother.

Oh and those rumours about Läreda School are all false. There's no 7th graders getting swirlies, no 7th graders having their hair shaved off, and definatley no 7th graders being thrown out in the snow just in their underwear, so you can stop worrying about that. Still junior high will be tough at times and you'll hate it. But don't worry it'll get a lot better. And every time Andreas hits you (and hit you he will) you should know that nowadays he's fat, got kicked off the football team, and has no friends.

Well I think that should be all for now. I know you'll turn out fine (eventually)

Sincerly, your older self.

PS: Stop being such an insufferable jerk towards Göran. He's a nice guy.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies