Write a letter to your younger self... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:47:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Write a letter to your younger self... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Write a letter to your younger self...  (Read 2922 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« on: September 21, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »

To: September 21, 1990 (When I was eight)   

Dear Thomas,

First of all I know your name is not Thomas. But that's the screen name you use on a political forum in 20 years. So, you just started 4th grade at a new school. I seem to recall that going well. New friends and all that jazz. But I wanted to give you a heads up about a few things.

First, the kids in 3rd grade were right. You are queer. I'm telling you this because I think it's better that you find out now instead of 14 which is what you're on pace for. There's nothing wrong with this. You are fine the way you are and don't let anyone try to make you feel otherwise.

Second, all politicians will disappoint you. As a young person who follows politics you need to know this. I know some will seem special but no one is perfect and politicians are only human. Moving on to another topic, and if you only pay attention to one sentence I write please let it be this next one.

Talk to a grown up at your school about what's going on at home.

Right now you are full of fears and emotions that have to get out. It's not healthy to keep that stuff bottled up inside you. Up until this point you've dealt with these feelings by praying to God. This has not worked and it will not work. If there is a God he either can't help you or has chosen not to. So please reach out to someone. It's the biggest regret I have about my childhood that I didn't ask for help when I needed it. And I know you can't see it now but you are a great person. And when you get older there will be people who love you. I promise. Smiley

Forth, In February of 2008 The New England Patriots will play the New York Giants in Super Bowl 42. BET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ON NEW YORK.

Fifth, I don't recall meeting an  English kid named Andrew but if you do tell him Gore losses in 2000.

Love,
"Thomas"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies