Write a letter to your younger self... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Write a letter to your younger self... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Write a letter to your younger self...  (Read 2938 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: September 21, 2010, 10:23:15 AM »

Dear Andrew

For - September 21st 2000

You're doing super! Seriously; things are good. Your ability to be reasonable above all else puts you in good stead. Yeah; you look terrible at 16, but you'll look better by 26 and looks as even you know don't mean a thing. By the way you're right about Mum and Dad; they won't mind the gay thing. And it was the right decision to walk out of mass when the priest delivered that sermon on behalf of the bishop; you know it's lies and you know it's desperation. Section 28 will be a distant memory you'll soon see. There are some things I cannot say of course because set-backs are worthwhile. You'll see some people and some ideologies for what they really are. Oh and you will get a shot at politics! But it's not for who you expect...Some guy working for Carlton Media (if he still is) will be leading the party you back (you could look potentials up and see how good your guess is!) Alex Salmond stands down as leader of the SNP this week. They will write his political obituary but I can assure you he'll be back!

You'll be excited about the US race. Go Gore! I can't tell you how that pans out either I'm afraid. It would spoil the whole of November! What else? The internet will be faster, oh and you'll find a forum that you'll join and probably never leave.

Well that's about it. Enjoy the next decade. I know you and a few friends are thinking about saving up for a trip to New York and who am I to say if it will amount to anything. If you ever go (and I can't say if you will) best wait till after you finish up school - in 2002.

Yours,

Andrew. Age 26
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies