Colin Powell (SO-DC) admits to using illegal immigrants
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:32:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Colin Powell (SO-DC) admits to using illegal immigrants
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colin Powell (SO-DC) admits to using illegal immigrants  (Read 875 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/19/colin-powell-says-illegal-immigrants-repair-his-ho/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why do people still care about this guy?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:21:21 AM »

What is a SO?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

Sell Out. Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:26:36 AM »

When he said that last night it kinda took me aback that he just flat out said that on Meet the Press.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »

At least he can be honest about it. I bet there are tons of politicians who rail against illegal immigration and yet still knowingly use it as a source of labor.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 12:43:29 AM »

At least he can be honest about it. I bet there are tons of politicians who rail against illegal immigration and yet still knowingly use it as a source of labor.

My thoughts, basically.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:50 AM »

Pretty much everybody with money has illegals working for them. You can just drive down the street early in the morning and pick one up for a day if you want. The women clean and the men do construction/landscaping. They're hardworking and appreciate the work. What's not to like?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 10:47:42 AM »

Pretty much everybody with money has illegals working for them. You can just drive down the street early in the morning and pick one up for a day if you want. The women clean and the men do construction/landscaping. They're hardworking and appreciate the work. What's not to like?

What if the people were hardworking undocumented tax payers? Would it be OK in your eyes for them to be "working under the table" because they wanted to avoid taxation? So, if you're non-American it's ok to come to the US and show flagrant disregard for the rule of law but Americans are expected to walk in lockstep with whatever the government tells them to do, like good like servants. Colin Powell should be fined or jailed as should others.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 02:11:36 PM »

What if the people were hardworking undocumented tax payers? Would it be OK in your eyes for them to be "working under the table" because they wanted to avoid taxation? So, if you're non-American it's ok to come to the US and show flagrant disregard for the rule of law but Americans are expected to walk in lockstep with whatever the government tells them to do, like good like servants. Colin Powell should be fined or jailed as should others.

I certainly don't bother with all the gov't forms and taxes for the guy who cuts my grass. I've never checked his papers, but it's a pretty safe bet he's legal given that he's an older black man. I pay him $40 twice a month tax free. Throw me in jail. Please.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »

Via independent contractors. Who doesn't?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 05:05:19 PM »

Not surrendering all your convictions and independent thoughts to your party makes you a sell-out?  Wow, I must have been TOTALLY misusing that word.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »

Not surrendering all your convictions and independent thoughts to your party makes you a sell-out?  Wow, I must have been TOTALLY misusing that word.

He completely supports everything Obama is doing, to call himself some sort of Republican is foolish.

Via independent contractors. Who doesn't?

*raises hand* I make sure the people who come on to my property are American citizens. I don't need any insurance issues if their is an injury.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies