K. Olberman=clueless
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:24:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  K. Olberman=clueless
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: K. Olberman=clueless  (Read 15432 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:25:02 PM »

Trying to stoke a controversy over supposed voting irregularities he brought up counties that had overwhelming registration numbers for Democrats yet voted Bush. 
I don't know all but some were Liberty and Dixie counties.  Is Olberman really that clueless over geography and voting patterns.  These areas along the panhandle that he mentioned are Southern- in heritage and voting patterns.  They may be life long Democrats a la Zell Miller but they do not vote for Kerry type Democrats.  To assume voting irregularities is clueless.  There are also not many Republicans in West Virginia either- does that mean the whole state of WV was guilty of fraud.  Olberman or his producers should go back to Sportscenter.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 08:39:53 PM »

Olbermann is an idiot.  DU is filled with idiots.

If they understood the voting patterns of rural counties in Florida and the infamous Dixiecrats, they wouldn't have latched onto this.

I am starting to become more and more convinced that most people posting as Democrats on the web (outside this site mostly) are just 13-year old kids with nothing else better to do with their time.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 08:41:03 PM »

Who's Olberman?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 08:42:40 PM »

clueless, but sexy, don't ya think?

If I was gay, I'd do him.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 08:45:31 PM »

LOL, Keith Olbermann.  Little watched show on MSNBC 8-9.  He can be funny at times but he clearly lacks insight into voting patterns.
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 08:50:35 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2004, 08:57:55 PM by Kodratos »

clueless, but sexy, don't ya think?

If I was gay, I'd do him.

A little too old and chubby for my taste. I prefer Dan Abrams. He's on a couple of hours before Olberman.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 09:01:30 PM »

remember when this was a serious forum?  Like, "hey do you have any data on the late-precinct returns from the black folks in the 3rd CD of West Virginia?" and sh**t like that?

Now, it's all like, "Hey, would you do Barbara or Jenna?"  "No way man, I'd do the spot between Hillary's first and second toes before I'd touch those bitches"  "What?  No way, the brunette is hot!  She's my favorite Bush, and that includes the grandmother, Barbara, too."

Anyway, yeah, Olbermann is clueless, but entertaining.  I still have a little wood for that monica novotny.  I think he's doing her.  don't you?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 10:17:19 PM »

Take it to another forum Smiley
shankbear

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 10:57:59 PM »

Keith is a minor league crapweaselette.  A girly weasel.

No awards...no alerts.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 01:27:13 AM »

His point was not that this is proof of fraud. His point was that this is fishy. And given other voting irregularities in Florida, it's a point worth bringing up. And I think he was right in that respect. It has nothing to do with understanding voting patterns. Patterns come and go. 

I voted for Bush, and I think he clearly won the election, but that doesn't mean we should forget about all these apparent problems.  We should weed them out now when they don't matter as much as they might in a later election.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 01:46:41 AM »

It is not fishy at all.  Bush won this areas in 2000 and expanded on his lead in 2004.
The area has more Democrats registered but these are Zell Miller dems who have abadoned the national democratic candidates.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 04:32:43 AM »

There are also not many Republicans in West Virginia either- does that mean the whole state of WV was guilty of fraud. 

Not the whole state. Certain Local Party Bosses *may* have dug a few corpses up here and there and got them to vote Bush out of spite with the Kerry Campaign.

But that sort of thing is traditional and would only be a few thousand votes at the most.

;-)
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 08:50:26 AM »

Bush won this areas in 2000 and expanded on his lead in 2004.
The area has more Democrats registered but these are Zell Miller dems who have abadoned the national democratic candidates.

Yeah, I understand that. I don't think it means he's clueless for bringing up in that context though.
Engineer
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 09:09:20 AM »

Both Liberty and Dixie counties are heavily registered as democratic.  However, since 2000, both counties have increased their percentage of registered republicans, Liberty, from 4.2% to 7.9%, and Dixie from 10.3% to 15.0%.  Not great gains, but both counties voted overwhelmingly for Bush in 2000, so we would naturally expect Bush to increase in total.  Liberty had approximately 600 additional ballots cast with Bush gaining basically all of those votes.  Dixie had 1800 more ballots cast with similar results.  (Not that he gained all those votes, some who vote for Gore last time probably voted for Bush this time.)  Add to that, that these areas were hit by hurricanes and may have appreciated the 'aid' that they received from the federal government.

If we just look at the 'expected' results based on % of registered democrats and republicans, the house and senate should be pretty evenly split between democrats, republican and INDEPENDANTS.  But it isn't.  A democrat in Georgia is a total different animal than a democrat in Connecticut.  Kentucky has twice as many registered democrats as republicans, but I don't hear anybody saying the results are invalid because the state voted overwhelming republican.  People's party affiliation just doesn't mean all that much anymore.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2004, 09:55:27 AM »

Well he made a point of bringing this up on the show last night. So at the very least he redeemed himself.
Engineer
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 11:37:57 AM »

"Well he made a point of bringing this up on the show last night. So at the very least he redeemed himself. "

The 'point' is that he was irresponsible in the first place.  He had access to all this information.  He just found something that fit his mindset and ran with it, without doing any checking of the facts.  Sort of like Kerry running ads on the 'missing' explosives before he knew the facts.  The first report is what sticks in people's minds, not the corrections that always seem to get buried on page 32D. 

Will Olbermann come out with an entire segment if and when these allegations are proven wrong?  Don't hold your breath on it.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 01:47:23 PM »

First, there are no allegations to be proven wrong (w.r.t. these counties voting Bush, if that's what you were referring to). Second, he spent several mintues talking about how that was Zell Miller country and the like. He didn't bury it on page 32D. He led the segment with that part. Third, he has always corrected himself in the past. I'm sure if all irregularities turn out to have explanations that he'll point that out.  He's also pointed out several times that none of this is likely to change the outcome so he's not pandering to the dems.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 06:42:29 PM »

The bad part about this is, of all the big shows on MSNBC, he is the best guy there.

Matthews and Scarbough are partisan dick heads
Imus and Abrams don't deserve their own shows
Norville, well she is a bitch
Holt is just boring
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 07:09:02 PM »

Trying to stoke a controversy over supposed voting irregularities he brought up counties that had overwhelming registration numbers for Democrats yet voted Bush. 
I don't know all but some were Liberty and Dixie counties.  Is Olberman really that clueless over geography and voting patterns.  These areas along the panhandle that he mentioned are Southern- in heritage and voting patterns.  They may be life long Democrats a la Zell Miller but they do not vote for Kerry type Democrats.  To assume voting irregularities is clueless.  There are also not many Republicans in West Virginia either- does that mean the whole state of WV was guilty of fraud.  Olberman or his producers should go back to Sportscenter.

Think of Oberman as Dan Rather without the Ratherisms.

He's just plain dishonest, an extremist and hater.

He's CNBC's resident extreme left wing nut case.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 08:16:46 PM »

You guys are nuts. That or you don't watch him. He's equally sarcastic w.r.t. Democrats & Republicans.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 08:59:47 PM »

Yeah, he attacks Zell Miller and George Bush with equal dishonesty and hate.

The simple truth is that he is a dishonest, extreme left wing nut!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 09:07:02 PM »

That young local reporter he had from the Cincinnati Enquirer to talk about the 'lockdown' in Warren county was hot! I think her name is Erica Solvig. She should have her own show.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 11:17:32 AM »

Now I feel really old.

Dan Patrick and Keith Olberman made SportsCenter about the funniest thing on TV.  Then Olberman's head got all big and he thought he was a serious journalist.

Now SportsCenter is totally dull and routine, and college kids watch the Daily Show instead.  Unless they feel like listening to Stuart Scott yell "Boo-Yah" 82 times a night.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2006, 03:24:06 PM »

His point was not that this is proof of fraud. His point was that this is fishy. And given other voting irregularities in Florida, it's a point worth bringing up. And I think he was right in that respect. It has nothing to do with understanding voting patterns. Patterns come and go. 

I voted for Bush, and I think he clearly won the election, but that doesn't mean we should forget about all these apparent problems.  We should weed them out now when they don't matter as much as they might in a later election.

I take this back. I don't think he clearly won (Ohio that is). In fact, I think he probably lost.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 02:54:25 PM »

based on what.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies