TX: Rasmussen: Perry's lead down to 6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:21:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  TX: Rasmussen: Perry's lead down to 6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX: Rasmussen: Perry's lead down to 6  (Read 1599 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:15 AM »

New Poll: Texas Governor by Rasmussen on 2010-10-16

Summary: D: 42%, R: 48%, I: 3%, U: 6%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:52 AM »

Perry wins.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »

Very likely, but he overpolled by quite a lot (6-7%) in 2006.

If he does again, it´s a tied race.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »

I think Perry is in trouble. He might be saved by the environment being what it is but I have my eye on this one.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »

BTW:

What´s up with Harris County recently ? Are they on track to hold free elections for everybody now on Nov. 2 or will we see Florida 2000 like chaos incl. vote rigging for Perry by Republican county clerk Kaufman in this county, if there´s a really close race ?
Dgov
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 10:33:11 AM »

BTW:

What´s up with Harris County recently ? Are they on track to hold free elections for everybody now on Nov. 2 or will we see Florida 2000 like chaos incl. vote rigging for Perry by Republican county clerk Kaufman in this county, if there´s a really close race ?

If you're referring to the Ballot machine fire or whatever that was, that Hurt the Republicans far more than the Democrats, as the area affected was the 80% Republican North Houston.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »

BTW:

If you're referring to the Ballot machine fire or whatever that was, that Hurt the Republicans far more than the Democrats, as the area affected was the 80% Republican North Houston.

I´ve read that all voting machines of Harris County were destroyed.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »

BTW:

Kingwood?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »

Correct. (And of course, even if not all were... what would that have to do with where in Houston the warehouse is located. I've seen a lot of disingenuity from hacks, but that one kind of takes the cake. Not in vileness, obviously, but in sheer disingenuity.)

Voters will apparently get a choice of paper or the electronic vote tampering devices Harris had been using recently.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7186123.html
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 11:20:12 AM »

Once again, it's very hard for me to see Perry's floor much below this level.  Doesn't mean White doesn't have a chance to win, of course, unlike 2006 when no one had a shot.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »

I've yet to see White get more than about 42/43% in a poll. It's nice that Perry is polling low, but I can't see undecideds flocking to the party opposite of what the state usually votes. I could see White getting up to 44% to 46% at most, but I don't know how he can get that last 4/5% of the vote. It's kinda like how ND polled in the 2008 election. Obama did well in the polls, but he never cleared about 44%, and the Republicans came home in the end, like they will here, unfortunately.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 01:01:33 AM »
« Edited: September 25, 2010, 01:04:31 AM by Dgov »

Correct. (And of course, even if not all were... what would that have to do with where in Houston the warehouse is located. I've seen a lot of disingenuity from hacks, but that one kind of takes the cake. Not in vileness, obviously, but in sheer disingenuity.)

Voters will apparently get a choice of paper or the electronic vote tampering devices Harris had been using recently.

I agree it was despicable to see the Democrats so freventely jump on the idea that this was some Evil Republican plot to hurt Bill White in the governors' election.

As for where the Machines were located, I was unaware that Harris county stores them all in one place.  I kind of assumed that a county of close to 5 Million people might have more than one.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 01:03:26 AM »

I agree it was despicable to see the Democrats so freventely jump on the idea that this was some Evil Republican plot to hurt Bill White in the governors' election.

As for where the Machines were located, I was unaware that Harris county stores them all in one place.
Perry by 10 pts on Election Night 
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »

There's not enough voting machines to go around, so they're only going to have voting in the Republican areas.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 03:06:31 AM »

As for where the Machines were located, I was unaware that Harris county stores them all in one place.
Perry by 10 pts on Election Night 

Damn, if even you think Perry is going to score a solid victory, I may have revaluate my stance on the race. Tongue
Dgov
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:29 AM »

Damn, if even you think Perry is going to score a solid victory, I may have revaluate my stance on the race. Tongue

This is kind of the reverse of the CA gov race, in that Rick perry himself is the only reason why this race is even close, and partisan Republicans are most likely going to come on home for the party even if they don't like him personally.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 04:22:04 AM »

Not sure that very significant numbers believed that, but, yep, idiotic. Smiley
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Still pretty absurd to claim the machines elsewhere couldn't be wheeled to the north side, isn't it?

Also, note from the article that while the Republican supervisor of elections is doing the only reasonable thing... parts of the county Republican leadership are quite angry at her for that.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 02:22:36 PM »

Also, note from the article that while the Republican supervisor of elections is doing the only reasonable thing... parts of the county Republican leadership are quite angry at her for that.
How is that demonstrating anger?  If they can get enough voting machines there is no reason to use paper ballots.

Using paper ballots during early voting will be a horrible mess because you will have to stock 100s of ballot types all over the county.  You are likely to get mismatches.

Going to a mixed system on election day you are going to have the possibility of the wrong ballots being sent to the wrong precinct.  You are going to get confusion at the polling place.  Democrats are likely to try to jam the system, demanding paper ballots at one precinct, and computers at the next.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 09:11:29 AM »

Today's poll - Perry 53, White 42
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »

Perry has been running quite a bit of ad's recently trying to portray White a a corrupt big city Obama style tax and spend liberal. Unfortunately it seems to be working.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies