Legit Three Way Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:47:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Legit Three Way Race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legit Three Way Race  (Read 1222 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »

Obama/Biden
Republican/Republican
Bloomberg/Trump

Both moderate and conservative republican maps are suggested. This assumes Bloomberg/Trump is a strickly moderate ticket and that Obama is still far left.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »

I'm sorry, but in now way can I let the assertion that Obama is "far left" go unchallenged. By absolutely no sensible interpretation is Obama anywhere near even the American version of "far left."
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 10:23:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but in now way can I let the assertion that Obama is "far left" go unchallenged. By absolutely no sensible interpretation is Obama anywhere near even the American version of "far left."

his policies have been much more liberal than any president in a long time.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 10:59:33 PM »

Depends on who Republican/Republican are. Also, Obama is center-left definitely, but not "far left" like you've insisted. 
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 11:57:01 PM »

Oh for god's sake - he's done a lot of things that Bush did, and he's done some things that Clinton did. Hardly a long time.

I don't care how high the deficit is, that doesn't make him a far left radical.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 04:17:41 AM »

Oh for god's sake - he's done a lot of things that Bush did, and he's done some things that Clinton did. Hardly a long time.

If you take the bait on Trump as a national candidate, you're probably more likely to bite on Obama being a radical too.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 08:58:23 AM »

fail
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »

Almost a trillion each on Health Care and the stimulus, and we know how good the government is at estimations for long term hauls like Health Care Tongue. Appointing Czars, cap and trade, etc.

And yes, Obama is doing what Clinton did, going weak on national security.

What viable national figure is more to the left than him? And Kucinich really isn't viable
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »

More realistic scenario:
Obama/Biden vs Palin/DeMint vs Bloomberg/Chaffee
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »

I don't see how anyone could call Obama far-left. Now that said, to the maps.

Any perceived moderate ticket would cut into Republican totals all over the place and result in barely any change in the map at all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

Almost a trillion each

Spending is not inherently left-wing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A left-wing proposal on the American spectrum, perhaps, but by no means "far left." The "far left" on this issue (which included over 80 Democratic members in the House of Representatives for what that's worth) wanted single payer. This system is, essentially, handing money to private corporations directly from the government. There's little government involvement here aside from the basic sheet of regulations put in place (which almost everyone can agree on).

A "far left" proposal would've involved direct government provided healthcare. The bill passed earlier in the year could only really be described as a semi-corporatist solution. In no way could you possibly describe "far left" has giving hundreds of billions to large private entities. If anything it was a very centrist proposal for the most part. (By a sensible measure, at least.)

As I said earlier, spending is not inherently left-wing or right-wing, but it's rather difficult to convince me that a bill consisting of, almost entirely, state aid, tax cuts, and money to hand out to contractors, is "far left." A "far left" work program would include something like the Works Progress Administration.

Good?

Three things here. Four, actually.

1. This has nothing to do with left vs. right.
2. Many of these "czar" positions are just nicknames given by the press or idiot bloggers and are actually Senate approved positions with long unwieldy names.
3. The term "___ Czar" originated from Nixon's Administration.
4. Bush created around three dozen "czar" positions in his time. Is he far left?

A position John McCain ran in support of back in 2008.

What did Clinton need a massive army for, exactly? Also it's rather important to remember that, back in those days, it was largely the Democrats that were seen as the "anti-terrorism Party" while Republicans thought Democrats considered the threat far too serious (near to the point of obsession) and actually openly accused Clinton of using the issue to distract people, rather than support any aggressive action.

About half of the Democratic Party.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2010, 12:22:07 PM »

^^ I have to disagree with whoever posted before me on the subject of Clinton. I don't know that much about how the Republicans and Democrats thought about terrorism in the  nineties, but I do know that Clinton said that because of terrorist attacks, he thought that Americans shouldn't have to change their way of life because of them. Also, there were several terrorist attacks on America and on American bases during the nineties. Clinton at least could've stopped that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »

Obama is left of center, though not far left. Aside from those interested in a few economic and trade issues, I don't think many who see Obama as too liberal would consider Bloomberg an acceptable alternative.
perdedor

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 10:32:50 PM »

Yeah with all his tax cuts (42% of the stimulus included) and handouts to private industry. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies