Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:38:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012?  (Read 6879 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: September 27, 2010, 07:59:42 PM »

Simple answer, yes.

She has a fervent following that makes a lot of noise, but doesn't actually reflect much at all.

She makes GWB look intellectually curious, and at least Bush had the Repub establishment behind him... they know she's an electoral disaster waiting to happen.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »

MK Ultra and 70% of this board were probably the same 10% who thought Palin bombed at the RNC convention.

She wasn't that great, and I will say it and it will never get old, John McCain really showed us how out of touch with reality he was when he picked her.

What does she honestly bring to the table? A bunch of witty remarks and the fact that she was chosen from obscurity to create a really horrible ticket? The people who are just as clueless as she is will vote for her, thats about it. Give her the extreme south, Texas, parts of the midwest up to the Dakotas and out towards Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah. Thats about it. She has no real strengths anywhere else.

I agree... what was so great about Palin at the RNC? she didn't flub her lines? she didn't belch? what?

For about... 2 weeks maybe 3 at most she was a slight positive for the Repub ticket... her virtually unknown status meant people didn't... know anything about her so the fact that it was a woman, from Alaska, with a downs syndrome child... was a curiosity... a novelty.

But once she was put on the spot (and I don't think she was treated unfairly, she was being put out there as the second in command of the country... tough) and actually had to speak... she showed what a HUGE mistake McCain had made.

I genuinely believe that he thought that there was going be such a huge number of PUMA voters out there that putting a woman up there was going to help... an anti-choice woman (not just pro-life), who hunts... yeah... smart.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »

I'm not defending Palin, but I just want to say that people - wrongfully - interpret stupid public responses as being unintelligent.

I don't like Palin, I don't want her to be president, but I'm certain she's smarter than what the media portray her as.

I don't think Palin is STUPID, never have, never will.

I do think she is not intellectually curious, like GW Bush... frankly I think just being flat-out dumb is more defensible than just not caring enough or considering broadening your knowledge beyond what your interests are.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:44:16 PM »

How could anyone seriously expect Obama to win Georgia?  Its impossible.  Palin would do at least this well:

To be fair he did come a HELL of a lot closer than most people expected a few months before.

Throw Palin into the mix and the mass exodus of moderates and independents away from her... honestly, anything's possible.

Mind you, you were confident Obama wouldn't win in 08 too...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies