Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:51:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Would Sarah Palin Do THAT Badly If She Was Nominated In 2012?  (Read 6868 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 28, 2010, 11:47:50 AM »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=36ee8fde-58bf-4027-a75b-b29d86b66b92

You just admitted that you pretty much have no credibility when it comes to judging a speech or Palin.  Your opinion is shared by around 17%.

She made one good speech and then lost her credibility. As an example she gave a red-meat speech bashing urban areas as veritable Sodom and Gomorrah in rural Ohio -- ignoring that the microphones and TV cameras had the numbers "4", "6", and "10" on them. Those microphones belonged to the NBC, ABC, and CBS affiliates of Columbus, Ohio -- the home of Ohio State University, one of the largest  institutions of learning in America.  Bash intellectuals, minorities, and freethinkers, and you will offend huge numbers of people. The microphones and TV cameras relayed the red-meat speech back to Sodom and Gomorrah Columbus, Ohio, where it was panned a few weeks later in November. She made a similar performance in Virginia with similar results.

Maybe had she made campaign appearances in Texas, she could have lost Texas.     
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »

Obama 489
Palin       49

President Obama wins about 60% of the popular vote and about 90% of the electoral vote.

In essence, Sarah Palin does particularly well nowhere. Obama picks up anything that any Democrat has ever won since 1992 -- including some states that he was clobbered in in 2008. Sarah Palin is so erratic that she scares a vote that ordinarily has voted Republican (the pro-military vote) in almost every Presidential election since 1968, inclusive. He picks up the Clinton-but-not-Obama vote.

If any Republican wants to avoid a Goldwater-style debacle, then they had better come up with someone with a steadier mind than hers. Maybe Goldwater wasn't that nutty -- but  Sarah Palin is.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »

Democratic ad 2012 in Obama vs Palin election

It's 3:00 A.M.  A phone is ringing somewhere in the White House..........

Or something along those Hillary type lines.

Although an Obama vs Palin election would be over before it started, such an ad would cement in voter's minds just how much of a light weight Palin really is.

Only a true Republican hack would believe that Palin had any qualities at all even remotely resembling Presidential qualifications.

Yes, Palin would do that badly, and much worse.

She is a walking, talking political joke.

I don't expect plagiarism!

That said, the difference is that Palin will get the wrong answers before Obama asks the right questions.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

So Pbrower and the rest of the 10% who didn't think her convention speech was great are now claiming that we should ignore the polls that show her trailing to Obama by at most 7 points on average (average of last 5 matchup polls).

In case you missed the polling from the last debate, she performed roughly as well in the Pew poll, which is heavily left-leaning, as Obama did in his first debate.  So the idea that she would not perform well in a debate is a mythical creation of the 10% who didn't think her convention speech was great  and not based on any real polling.

Sarah Palin gave at the least a good convention speech. It might not have been the Gettysburg Address, JFK's inaugural speech, or MLK's "I Have a Dream", but it was credible.  Later speeches often became disasters, including her "Real America" drivel. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She has established her negatives well enough.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »

Democratic ad 2012 in Obama vs Palin election

It's 3:00 A.M.  A phone is ringing somewhere in the White House..........

Or something along those Hillary type lines.

Although an Obama vs Palin election would be over before it started, such an ad would cement in voter's minds just how much of a light weight Palin really is.

Only a true Republican hack would believe that Palin had any qualities at all even remotely resembling Presidential qualifications.

Yes, Palin would do that badly, and much worse.

She is a walking, talking political joke.

I don't expect plagiarism!

That said, the difference is that Palin will get the wrong answers before Obama asks the right questions.

I fail to understand your ill thought out plagiarism comment.

He does not expect the Obama campaign to steal an ad from the 2008 Hillary campaign.

OK.  I was not sure if he was implying that I had plagarized something from him which obviously I did not.

Of course the Obama campaign would not be using this ad in 2012.  I had simply used it as an example of the rough ride that Palin could expect if, heaven forbid, she was the nominee.

It was that I didn't expect President Obama's campaign to plagiarize another campaign for ideas -- let us say that of Ronald Reagan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies