Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:33:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions  (Read 69845 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

I would join.  Not quite sure how I'd vote though.

As would I.  I think it would certainly be interesting.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2011, 05:12:41 PM »

Ok, so (cheese sauce) I was looking up what region exactly is concidered "The South" and thought it might be fun to do a States by Census Bureau Division Survivor. It'll be like fab's "Presidents by Military Rank" in that all the states will be split, and the top state of each division goes on to the final grouping. Has it been done? Is anyone interested? Or are the divisions too small (Mid-Atlantic only has 3 states) and I should do by regions(Pacific-Mountian-South-Northwest)? In that case it'll be more than just the top of each region, but the point is:

has it been done? Is anyone interested?

I'd vote in this.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2011, 07:18:05 PM »

So, should I do it by the 9 subdivisions or just the four main divisions? As I mentioned, the Mid-Atlantic subdivision is only 3 states. (New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:23 AM »

Why not first selecting 1 to 3 by subdivision (depending on the size of subdivisions) and then make them fight inside main regions.
And then one by main region makes it to the top 4.

Just an idea.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2011, 12:22:37 PM »

Or you could incorporate the smaller subdivisions into neighboring larger ones.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2011, 01:44:58 PM by The Alaskan Bull Worm »

By the way, here's the map:

Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2011, 01:48:42 PM »

Or you could incorporate the smaller subdivisions into neighboring larger ones.
You mean just do the main four or combine some of the subdivisions? (For example, New England and Mid Atlantic or West South and East South)

You could do either. If you'd rather have more groups, but not have some groups be so small as to only include three states, you could (for instance) combine Mid Atlantic with New England. Ultimately, though, it's your call.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:41 PM »

I'll combine those two, but leave the other groups with 4 states alone.

So when can I start?
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »

When you want: it's not an off-topic survivor.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »

If I were you, I'd simply add MD and DE into the Mid-Atlantic states category.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2011, 01:52:44 PM »

I just want to complain about the fact that this board is dead. That's all.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2011, 02:32:37 PM »

Well, homely is gone. Hans seems to have some problems and hasn't connected in one week.
Cinci sometimes forgets to vote.
You don't vote in my wonderful survivor Tongue.

Again, maybe it's due to calendar's problems.
But I must acknowledge I'm beginning to be worried Sad.

Maybe we should start some simpler and more classical survivors: South Amercian countries, US secretaries of State or of Defense, etc., to appeal to other posters.

I'm myself quite busy and I don't want to start a "simpler" survivor for the moment, besides my Women one.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »

I have one:
I want to do a list of colleges I've considered attending at some point or other in the past year. Let me know if I have the approval to do this.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2011, 12:57:32 AM »

Well, homely is gone. Hans seems to have some problems and hasn't connected in one week.

Maybe we should start some simpler and more classical survivors: South Amercian countries, US secretaries of State or of Defense, etc., to appeal to other posters.

I'm myself quite busy and I don't want to start a "simpler" survivor for the moment, besides my Women one.

I must be frank, this board (and the survivors) lasted longer than I ever thought they would last. Seriously, we have been doing this for about 2 years, right?. I thought it would be a lucky board to survive a year and I was wrong.
There were interesting discussions and epic survivors here, but the fact is that there was going to come a moment that we would be saturated. Original survivors are harder and harder to do and this is the internet, home of the short attention spans.

I'm proud of being a regular poster in this subforum, i think Fab is a great moderator and certainly hope that the administrators will keep the survivor subforum intact.
is the place going trough some hard times? Yes. The place will be dead forever? I don't think so.
Again, this place lasted longer and had interesting survivors longer than what I originally thought it would last, so i'm confident that once a few months have passed, posters (especially regulars) will be hungry for new survivors and i know I'll be here for them Smiley and if not, I'll keep great memories from all that happened here.

And yes Fab, maybe for now we should do simpler and straightforward survivors like you mentioned, probably we should do more US survivors of any kind to keep the place going.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »

I have one:
I want to do a list of colleges I've considered attending at some point or other in the past year. Let me know if I have the approval to do this.

At this stage, you can do what you want and when you want Grin

To be sure you've got some turnout, let's be sure you have a minimal amount of great names.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2011, 01:37:48 AM »

I must be frank, this board (and the survivors) lasted longer than I ever thought they would last. Seriously, we have been doing this for about 2 years, right?. I thought it would be a lucky board to survive a year and I was wrong.
There were interesting discussions and epic survivors here, but the fact is that there was going to come a moment that we would be saturated. Original survivors are harder and harder to do and this is the internet, home of the short attention spans.

I'm proud of being a regular poster in this subforum, i think Fab is a great moderator and certainly hope that the administrators will keep the survivor subforum intact.
is the place going trough some hard times? Yes. The place will be dead forever? I don't think so.
Again, this place lasted longer and had interesting survivors longer than what I originally thought it would last, so i'm confident that once a few months have passed, posters (especially regulars) will be hungry for new survivors and i know I'll be here for them Smiley and if not, I'll keep great memories from all that happened here.

And yes Fab, maybe for now we should do simpler and straightforward survivors like you mentioned, probably we should do more US survivors of any kind to keep the place going.

You're probably right.
After all, this is also fine not to think
"oh wait, I must not forget to connect myself today, as I must vote in x and y an z survivors !
and I have my a and b survivors to update !
Gosh !"
Wink

I'd like to keep my Women survivor going, though, even if it's at a slow rhythm: we aren't in a hurry.

But I'll wait for my ideas on Presidents of the French Radical party, on Byzantine Emperors, on Pakistan's heads of state & government, on Romania's heads of state, on Soviet Republics (incl. autonomous ones Grin), etc.
We'll see.

I've got some ideas to try to keep the sub-board alive: after all, more boards mean a slower forum, so there is a new threat pending around Wink.

In the meantime, as I'm quite busy at work (to say the least), this low activity is a good thing in a way Tongue.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »

But I'll wait for my ideas on Presidents of the French Radical party, on Byzantine Emperors, on Pakistan's heads of state & government, on Romania's heads of state, on Soviet Republics (incl. autonomous ones Grin), etc.
We'll see.

I've got some ideas to try to keep the sub-board alive: after all, more boards mean a slower forum, so there is a new threat pending around Wink.

In the meantime, as I'm quite busy at work (to say the least), this low activity is a good thing in a way Tongue.

One day I'll bother to gather names for the extension of my Military Leaders survivor.  It's more the debating what names I want included that takes effort more than anything Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2012, 08:20:29 PM by politicus »

My two Scandinavian PM survivors seem to be dead. I need some feedback as to the exact cause of death.

It was a bit of a longshot establishing them, since they deal with small countries that few have in depth knowledge of and therefore require some reading for most people, but I thought at least the Swedish thread would take off. It includes a couple of Nobel Peace Prize winners, some influential figures in the Social Democratic tradition and an international high profile character like Olof Palme. Once the deadwood of short termers was eliminated, it could give some good discussions.

Danish PMs are pretty unknown but they do include a lot of colourful characters (lots of mad men, drunks, a semi-dictator and a couple of small state warmongers) and some classical  small state dilemmas to discuss regarding crisis management in war times, depression and relations to the rest of Europe.

- Is politics from small countries just too much trouble or would Irish or NZ leaders work? Or how about something really exotic like Greenland home rule chairmen? Smiley

- Should I present ideas here and wait till somebody signs up, so we can get a group together?
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »

The problem is that, with many old fans of this game more or less gone or without any motivation (I'm now among them Tongue), this sub-board is more or less dead.
There aren't enough players any longer.

Your ideas are interesting, but, well, even myself, I don't obther any longer.
I'm sorry.

But other forumers may have different views of course.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2012, 07:11:32 PM »

The problem is that, with many old fans of this game more or less gone or without any motivation (I'm now among them Tongue), this sub-board is more or less dead.
There aren't enough players any longer.

Your ideas are interesting, but, well, even myself, I don't obther any longer.
I'm sorry.

But other forumers may have different views of course.

I'll try to participate more as long as you do Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »

Locked my survivors because of lack of interest. Leave a message here or PM me, if you are interested in playing and want them opened.

/Josefine
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »

I found a 1997 list of so-called 'Greatest Men Who Ever Lived' and thought it might have been an ok one. But since there's an obvious winner (Jesus), and the fact that this board is dead, I don't think I'll do it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »

I found a 1997 list of so-called 'Greatest Men Who Ever Lived' and thought it might have been an ok one. But since there's an obvious winner (Jesus), and the fact that this board is dead, I don't think I'll do it.
Christians are not so dominant in this forum so both Buddha and Mohammed should have a chance. Einstein, Darwin and Marx have fans too.

I think the way to revive the board is that a group of 3-4 players agree to vote in specific survivors, so you know that there is always a core group to keep it going.
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »

Christians are not so dominant in this forum so both Buddha and Mohammed should have a chance. Einstein, Darwin and Marx have fans too.

I think the way to revive the board is that a group of 3-4 players agree to vote in specific survivors, so you know that there is always a core group to keep it going.
Mohamed wouldn't stand a chance at all. but yeah otherwise I agree and we really don't have enough players Atm to do a big survivor anyways.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 03:20:24 PM by Bound and Re-Bound »

I'd probably group them by catagory rather than all at once, and allow multiple people to be eliminated at once so it would get done quicker.

Hold it should I do this list or this list?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies