Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:03:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions  (Read 69846 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 08:15:42 PM »

I have a question.

I'm planning on doing a Chess world champions survivor but i don't know if here would be the correct place to make it. If it were me i would do it here because Chess had historically a very politically charged past, especially during the cold war.
But i'll wait to see what Fab thinks about it and of course i would probably do the survivor a few weeks from now Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »

Polish elective monarchs and Arab Mega Survivor just ended, Dear Leader.

I'd suggest humbly from my side to put a names of winner next to list of thread that ended Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2010, 11:22:52 AM by big bad fab »

I'd suggest humbly from my side to put a names of winner next to list of thread that ended Smiley

Yeah, I know, it will come... one day...
Because I want to do a Survivor of Survivors Grin It would be so weird !

EDIT: Already done !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 08:58:42 AM »

I have a question.

I'm planning on doing a Chess world champions survivor but i don't know if here would be the correct place to make it. If it were me i would do it here because Chess had historically a very politically charged past, especially during the cold war.
But i'll wait to see what Fab thinks about it and of course i would probably do the survivor a few weeks from now Wink

Good heavens ! I'm outrageously jealous !!! Wink
How could I forget this brilliant idea !!!

Do it HERE, Edu, that's an order ! Wink
More seriously, like great composers survivor (which unfortunately didn't meet his success), I agree on including this survivor in this child board as, of course, Chess world championships were highly political matters (and remain, when you see how Russia is back with its shenanigans and old tricks and Iliumdzhinov tries to control everything for his own intesrest).

I have 2 requests, though, Edu:

1- I won't be able to have an Internet access between, probably, the 17th and the 24th of April. I would be very, very grateful if you make sure this survivor will end before the 17th or start after the 24th, because I would really be FOND of this one and wouldn't want to miss any round !

2- After 1993, please take both FIDE and PCA champions, even if FIDE ones were minor ones. But it will make things more interesting and the list a bit longer.

Great idea, again !
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »

I might do a "most wanted Iraqi playing cards" Survivor

By "playing cards", you mean cards you play with or.... ?

Historical, political, economic, social, geographical,... interest ?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »

I have a question.

Good heavens ! I'm outrageously jealous !!! Wink
How could I forget this brilliant idea !!!

Do it HERE, Edu, that's an order ! Wink
More seriously, like great composers survivor (which unfortunately didn't meet his success), I agree on including this survivor in this child board as, of course, Chess world championships were highly political matters (and remain, when you see how Russia is back with its shenanigans and old tricks and Iliumdzhinov tries to control everything for his own intesrest).

I have 2 requests, though, Edu:

1- I won't be able to have an Internet access between, probably, the 17th and the 24th of April. I would be very, very grateful if you make sure this survivor will end before the 17th or start after the 24th, because I would really be FOND of this one and wouldn't want to miss any round !

2- After 1993, please take both FIDE and PCA champions, even if FIDE ones were minor ones. But it will make things more interesting and the list a bit longer.

Great idea, again !

Thanks, i figured you would be interested Smiley

It was my plan to include Khalifman, Ponomariov and Kasimdzhanov because while it's true that the championships they won were notable for the absence of a lot of top players (including probably the top player in the world at the time) and that FIDE isn't exactly a "clean" organization (Campomanes and Ilyumzhinov, nuff' said Tongue) they were official world champions so it would be a disappointment if i don't include them (though i don't think they will get very far in this survivor Grin)

I'm not going to include some of the players that were considered amongst the best of the world before the Official championships (like Morphy, Andressen, Staunton or La Bourdonnais). This survivor will start with Steinitz. Of course if people want them i could include them Tongue

By my count, this will be a relatively short survivor with only 19 names. So, to accommodate Fab, I'm probably going to start it this weekend Wink

I'm worried about the turnout though, I can count myself and Fab (Maybe Hans too) but i don't know if anyone else would be interested
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 04:45:52 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2010, 04:50:38 PM by Mr. X »

I might do a "most wanted Iraqi playing cards" Survivor

By "playing cards", you mean cards you play with or.... ?

Historical, political, economic, social, geographical,... interest ?

Do you remember those playing cards the military came out with that had high-ranking members of Saddam's regime on them?  If not, google "most wanted Iraqi playing cards" and you'll see what I mean.  It would basically be a "Saddam's inner-circle survivor".
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 07:17:45 AM »

Oh, of course I remember !
Fine idea !
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 02:05:32 AM »

Thinking of doing a city survivor; 150 cities worldwide, 5 groups of 30 either randomly assorted or by region, top 6 in each group going into a final 30.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

Fine idea !

After I finish this I am going to do an anti-Nazi Resistance survivor (this would include figures in the von Stauffenberg plot, church leaders, etc).
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 03:21:03 AM »

Fine idea !

After I finish this I am going to do an anti-Nazi Resistance survivor (this would include figures in the von Stauffenberg plot, church leaders, etc).

Interesting.
Only in Germany ? Also in the "Greater Germany" ?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:56 AM »

Fine idea !

Interesting.
Only in Germany ? Also in the "Greater Germany" ?

I am also including those in "Greater Germany".
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 03:22:18 PM »

Well, the thread is less crowded, eh ?

Tout passe en ce bas monde (virtuel)...

Anyway, I inted to do, some day, a Sweden Prime ministers survivor. Not too "harsh" politically and maybe a way to gain some other regular voters...
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »

I want to start a Survivor of the Presidents and Prime Minister of the Peoples Republic of China. Maybe I will start it when fab is back.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »

I want to start a Survivor of the Presidents and Prime Minister of the Peoples Republic of China. Maybe I will start it when fab is back.

Gosh, I've already done a Chinese Politburo list. Wink
But no problem, that wouldn't be the same survivor.

I'd greatly appreciate if you wait for one week, because I'll be VERY interested to vote in it.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »

I started one on US Speakers of the House over the past 100 years.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »

Since Fab doesn't seem to be intending to do it anymore, and it doesn't seem to have been done, I'll do a Survivor survivor next Grin
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 03:59:01 AM »

Oh, you're welcome to do it.
I haven't put an option on it Wink.
Well, it wasn'tmy priority, that's all.

I hope everybody will feel free to vote for anyone and that bad guys will be able to win Wink !
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »

The Chief Justice Survivor has been completed, with John Marshall as the Survivor.

I'd like to start a US Secretaries of State Survivor.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 08:32:32 AM »

The Chief Justice Survivor has been completed, with John Marshall as the Survivor.

I'd like to start a US Secretaries of State Survivor.

You start it when you want.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »

I would like to reserve my Constitutional Amendments Survivor idea for three months rather than 50 days, as I still am planning to do it (and I technically never started it), but I want to do my survivor survivor first (and I am waiting to start that until a couple of the current interesting ones end).  

big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:13 PM »

"No problemo"
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »

Did tb75 delete the vicepresidents survivor? ROTFL
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 06:36:30 PM »

OMG.
Well, tb75, all this work for nothing ?
That's a pity, it was well managed until the George Clinton/Bush Sr tie. And even with your weird tie-breaking, voters were still here.
Or did you want so strongly a Bush Sr victory ?
Survivors are very harsh, sometimes... Wink But it's a game !

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 01:54:54 AM »

OMG.
Well, tb75, all this work for nothing ?
That's a pity, it was well managed until the George Clinton/Bush Sr tie. And even with your weird tie-breaking, voters were still here.
Or did you want so strongly a Bush Sr victory ?
Survivors are very harsh, sometimes... Wink But it's a game !

I don't really understand why would someone go trough all the trouble of starting a survivor if he can't stand his favorites being ousted, it seems pointless.

Even though i complained about Libertas in the past i must say that despite some dodgy delays and votes he at least accepted when one of his favorites was ousted and never deleted the thread because for instance Coolidge was ousted in the republican nominees survivor. Plus when someone complained he usually addressed you explaining what happened, tb75 just decided to ignore everyone and call people spammers. Pretty pathetic actually, especially considering he is 17 and should be a bit more mature about all this instead of having a hissy fit.

And yes, it's just a game, most of us will move on and keep trying to make interesting survivors and enjoying our time here Smiley

And i haven't forgoten about the chess champions survivor, i still have a few days to start it and hopefully next week at the most i'll make it Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies