Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:41:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions  (Read 70239 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: April 30, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
« edited: April 30, 2012, 08:20:29 PM by politicus »

My two Scandinavian PM survivors seem to be dead. I need some feedback as to the exact cause of death.

It was a bit of a longshot establishing them, since they deal with small countries that few have in depth knowledge of and therefore require some reading for most people, but I thought at least the Swedish thread would take off. It includes a couple of Nobel Peace Prize winners, some influential figures in the Social Democratic tradition and an international high profile character like Olof Palme. Once the deadwood of short termers was eliminated, it could give some good discussions.

Danish PMs are pretty unknown but they do include a lot of colourful characters (lots of mad men, drunks, a semi-dictator and a couple of small state warmongers) and some classical  small state dilemmas to discuss regarding crisis management in war times, depression and relations to the rest of Europe.

- Is politics from small countries just too much trouble or would Irish or NZ leaders work? Or how about something really exotic like Greenland home rule chairmen? Smiley

- Should I present ideas here and wait till somebody signs up, so we can get a group together?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 04:09:22 AM »

Locked my survivors because of lack of interest. Leave a message here or PM me, if you are interested in playing and want them opened.

/Josefine
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »

I found a 1997 list of so-called 'Greatest Men Who Ever Lived' and thought it might have been an ok one. But since there's an obvious winner (Jesus), and the fact that this board is dead, I don't think I'll do it.
Christians are not so dominant in this forum so both Buddha and Mohammed should have a chance. Einstein, Darwin and Marx have fans too.

I think the way to revive the board is that a group of 3-4 players agree to vote in specific survivors, so you know that there is always a core group to keep it going.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:02:44 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2012, 04:19:49 PM by politicus »

Ideally you should mix them, but thats a lot of work. With only 2 women on the second list you might as well go with the first (100 greatest men) its got the categories sorted out already.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

Thanks.

Its not a big deal, but Greenland is in North America not Europe.

I would like to take over two dead survivors: wormguys Signatories of the anti-comintern treaty and David Dukes Best looking G20 head of state. They would both be worth playing.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »

And, as far as Greenland is Danish, I'll keep it in Europe Grin
So if I made a survivor about New Caledonia you would also categorize it as Europe because its French? Wink
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »

A lot of the current survivors are not updated regularly at the moment. To prevent the board from dying again, maybe we could tighten the rules, so survivors that are not updated becomes available to others after 14 days?
(its 30 at the moment)

I would also suggest a rule, that no poster is allowed to run more than 3 survivors at a time.
Its kind of a "Lex Kalwejt" (sorry Kal, but you start too much shxt without finishing it Smiley  )
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

Failed french presidential candidates hasn't been updated since May 15, so that would be free now if you implemented a 14 days limit.

Maybe 20 days as a compromise? 30 is too long.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »

Ask Kal if he is OK to "give" you his survivor.
He may agree.

3 weeks seems a good compromise indeed.
I'll change the rules when I have some time.
Sorry, but there elections in France, and I'm busy...
Let's wait until the end of June.
I wont be active in July.

I mailed Kal before about his survivors. So no point.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 08:05:18 AM »

Well, I think that 5 off topic survivors are a bit much. But it is only 3 at the moment, so I hope nobody opens any more before we are finished with them.

Status at the moment:

Off topic

Olympic sports
City off
US counties (active, but pretty slow)

On topic

Active

Lost their job in 2011
US political parties

Inactive (Kalwejts 5 survivors)

Worlds current dictators
Polish presidents
Failed French presidential candidates
French Prime ministers
Non presidential heads of state (France)

Still hoping you will just reopen and finish them Kal. Otherwise there should be room for a couple of new "On topic" survivors, so let me know if you stay mad Smiley.
I prefer to finish the ones you opened before we start new ones, since they are all good ones.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »

Haven't you PMed Kal before, politicus ?
That's what you said, I think, and what I advice in my... ahem... so-called "rules" Tongue
I PMed him a couple of times asking him to return to the board and finish the surviors. But not about this one in particular.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies