Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:26:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas.  (Read 6443 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 28, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »

Dumbass solution to a problem to a hyped up problem just to give politicians a populist stick. There is no such thing as a "tax break to send jobs overseas". If one is in law, it is the unintentional result of a tax law change. Fixing it is not something to be done by any means necessary, including damaging crucial exports of manufactured goods. 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

Wow, the one thing that has helped Manufacturing recover and stablize, exports, is something which is good to discourage. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:31 PM »

Wow, the one thing that has helped Manufacturing recover and stablize, exports, is something which is good to discourage. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? This bill wouldn't do anything to companies that export. It only impacts companies with employment operations overseas (and only affects them as far as their overseas employment operations are concerned, wouldn't affect operations in the US producing goods for export at all).

Or so exporters just dump the stuff on a ship an watch it sail away? They don't have quality inspectors, salesman, security, and various other people at the other end waiting for it? This bill would effect that, would it not. Say I decide to create 50 salesman positions in Hong Kong peddling my wares in the Chinese market, you are telling me this bill wouldn't effect me at all?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies