Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:34:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans block bill to keep jobs from going overseas.  (Read 6446 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: September 28, 2010, 02:40:25 PM »

This, among other things, is why I am never, ever, ever going to either vote for or donate my time and money to any Democrat again.  What this idiotic piece of legislation would do is eliminate write-offs for taxes paid in foreign countries - for example, if Ford has a subsidiary in the UK, and that UK subsidiary pays business taxes in the UK, then Ford can write off the amount they were taxed in the UK when they are taxed again on the same income in the US.  This is what every country in the world does.  Furthermore, if a US company is earning net income from a foreign subsidiary, that means that they are net exporting to the foreign country in which that subsidiary exists, as opposed to net importing.  This bill would therefore tax exports and not imports.  I can't believe that such a ridiculous idea, which goes beyond the merely misguided to being literally insane, is actually being "seriously" proposed, but given the brain trust we have in the congressional Democrats, I guess I have to believe it.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »

Those 45 Senators who voted to filibuster this should have their jobs offshored.

Anyone who thinks this bill is a good idea should be deported.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:48 PM »

Those 45 Senators who voted to filibuster this should have their jobs offshored.

I thought you were a libertarian?

I am.  Read the thread.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 11:07:35 PM »

Joke [johk] –noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.
a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.
something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »

He is a Republican.

I am not and do not plan to ever be a Republican.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »

He is a Republican.

I am not and do not plan to ever be a Republican.

Given your choice in candidates and what you said on that party thread it's an easy mistake.
I've only endorsed for Senate Libertarians, Constitutionalists, libertarian-oriented Republicans, and Republicans in races with only a Republican and a Democrat (and left-wing third parties).

My gubernatorial endorsements are all Republican except for Colorado because only economic policy matters at the state level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies