WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D)  (Read 4399 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:40:15 AM »

New Poll: Washington Senator by Rasmussen on 2010-09-29

Summary: D: 47%, R: 48%, I: 2%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »

This surprises me. Oh well, it never was going to be a blowout either way.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:00:46 AM »

What the hell? Lame.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:16:21 AM »

Gah. Gah, I say.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:25:58 AM »

Not sure, but I have a feeling the blatantly false Boeing ad Murray's getting ripped for may have caused it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:15:17 AM »

I have some vague impression that Rossi started a more focused media barrage. Did he?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »

I have some vague impression that Rossi started a more focused media barrage. Did he?

Yes, Rossi is up on the air.  The RNSC is running as well.  "American Crossroads" has also reserved air time.

The GOP "thinks" this could be their #51 (they are diverting resources away from California) to fully fund the effort.

Mr. Moderate is correct re the Boeing ad.  Voters have gotten used to attack ads the really, really stretch the truth, but the Murray ad was just a flat out fabrication, and she will pay a (modest) price for it.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »

Strange, I've seen very few Rossi ads here lately. I thought the Boeing attack ad was really effective.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »

The GOP "thinks" this could be their #51 (they are diverting resources away from California) to fully fund the effort.

Good for them that they've realized that Fiorina doesn't stand a chance. I like Angle and DioGuardi the best out of the Republican candidates in marginal states (which isn't saying much since I hate McMahon and Fiorina and don't care for Raese or Rossi), but I can understand that New York's media market is a money pit. However, couldn't the RNC run ads a lot cheaper in Nevada than in Washington?
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »

Good for them that they've realized that Fiorina doesn't stand a chance. I like Angle and DioGuardi the best out of the Republican candidates in marginal states (which isn't saying much since I hate McMahon and Fiorina and don't care for Raese or Rossi), but I can understand that New York's media market is a money pit. However, couldn't the RNC run ads a lot cheaper in Nevada than in Washington?

The situation in Nevada is actually slowly drifting in Angles favour.

The logic, twisted though it may be, is basically as follows.

A) - Angle is a crazy lunatic.
B) - Reid is a mindless tool of Obama aiding and abetting the destruction of the nation.

A) is less dangerous than B)

Angle, however warped, would be 1% of 1/2 of 1/3rd of the power apparatus in Washington.  By herself she can do very little damage.  Harry Reid has actual levers of power that can hurt people.

Reid's numbers are actually mindly trending downward, he is now averaging about 45% in the polls (versus Angle at about 44%) which means Angle likley wins on election day.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »

Angle, however warped, would be 1% of 1/2 of 1/3rd of the power apparatus in Washington.  By herself she can do very little damage.

I brought this up before when somebody else said this, but a single backbench senator (Jim Bunning) was single-handedly able to hold up the payment of unemployment benefits for about a week, despite opposition from pretty much all of his colleagues, within and without his party.  A single senator still retains significant (potentially harmful, as in this case) power.

On a personal note, although I'm no fan of Harry Reid, I do not want that teabagger representing me in the Senate.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »

Angle, however warped, would be 1% of 1/2 of 1/3rd of the power apparatus in Washington.  By herself she can do very little damage.

I brought this up before when somebody else said this, but a single backbench senator (Jim Bunning) was single-handedly able to hold up the payment of unemployment benefits for about a week, despite opposition from pretty much all of his colleagues, within and without his party.  A single senator still retains significant (potentially harmful, as in this case) power.

On a personal note, although I'm no fan of Harry Reid, I do not want that teabagger representing me in the Senate.
Comparing what Angle could potentially do for a week to what Harry Reid has done for the last four years is ridiculous.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 06:12:25 PM »

The situation in Nevada is actually slowly drifting in Angles favour.

The logic, twisted though it may be, is basically as follows.

A) - Angle is a crazy lunatic.
B) - Reid is a mindless tool of Obama aiding and abetting the destruction of the nation.

A) is less dangerous than B)

Angle, however warped, would be 1% of 1/2 of 1/3rd of the power apparatus in Washington.  By herself she can do very little damage.  Harry Reid has actual levers of power that can hurt people.

Reid's numbers are actually mindly trending downward, he is now averaging about 45% in the polls (versus Angle at about 44%) which means Angle likley wins on election day.

I would agree that the direction is in Angle's favor, however based on polling, the magnitude seems to be at a snail's pace. Unless the undecideds break heavily toward Angle (which isn't impossible), then it will probably continue to be a close race, in which a few bucks could be the difference between winning by ~1000 votes and losing by ~1000 votes.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2010, 08:57:02 PM by Ogre Mage »

Rossi has been more visible on the airwaves over the last two weeks.  We may be seeing the effect of that -- if this poll is to be believed.  I will need to see more independent polling to confirm this.  Rasmussen and POR had a hand in the recent FOX News poll which also had the race a tie, so I do not consider it an independent assessment.

Mr. Moderate's belief that Murray is getting "ripped" for the Boeing ad is wrong.  There is no widespread outraged outcry here about this ad.  Some have said the ad is false, but that has been said about many ads on all sides during this political season.  Some have said the ad is effective.

Rossi made a politically unwise statement about the Boeing Tanker bid during an interview with the Tacoma News Tribune and was forced to backpedal/correct his statement.  Whether he made his comments out of ignorance or some secret agenda is unknown, but one can hardly blame Sen. Murray for taking advantage of it.  If there is no hidden agenda, then the real issue is Rossi's unpreparedness on an economically important issue facing our state.

If Vorlon thinks the level of truth stretching in Murray's ad is particularly egregious, then he or she is showing ignorance about politics in general and the public statements/ads on all sides of the WA Senate race in particular.  Perhaps it is more based on the fact that Vorlon thinks that Sen. Murray's victory would be a sign that "democracy is broken and government has been turned over to the hands of a raging mob."

Boxer is an arrogant "rhymes with rich" AND has the IQ of a basketball.

Murray is just as stupid but marginally less annoying.

Feingold, by contrast, is a smart, decent, honest man.

If Boxer and Murray win, while Feingold loses, the democracy is broken and government has been turned over to the hands of a raging mob.

Dgov
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:50 PM »

If Boxer and Murray win, while Feingold loses, the democracy is broken and government has been turned over to the hands of a raging mob.

Well, there's one way to prevent that.  Vote Rossi 2010! Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »

Well, there's one way to prevent that.  Vote Rossi 2010! Smiley

Better yet, vote Feingold, Murray, and Boxer 2010!!!
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »

This race will be the one to tip the balance in the senate. The 51st. If that happens, it will be in this order:
42) North Dakota
43) Arkansas
44) Indiana
45) Pennsylvania
46) Wisconsin
47) Colorado
48) Illinois
49) West Virginia
50) Nevada
51) Washington

52) Connecticut
53) California

I'm not even putting Delaware on this list. During this month, the GOP will divert cash to races like WA, NV, WI, and WV. They may even take some from CA too

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »

Comparing what Angle could potentially do for a week to what Harry Reid has done for the last four years is ridiculous.

That's a matter of opinion.  I don't consider Reid to be as bad as you do, and has the added advantage of not being a teabagger.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »

That's a matter of opinion.  I don't consider Reid to be as bad as you do, and has the added advantage of not being a teabagger.
It's not a matter of what intensity of hatred you have for Harry Reid (personally I'm not a fan of funding the wars, SCHIP, the bailouts, "stimulus", medical industry oligopolies, bogus financial "reform", etc. and that's just the things that Reid has accomplished, not to mention the attempted cap and trade, DISCLOSE, and Internet censorship bills), but it is simply a fact that regardless of how much supposed influence Angle would have as a freshman senator, Reid has much more power as the Senator Majority Leader. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 03:27:07 PM »

Then it appears you misread my initial post.  I was simply refuting The Vorlon's assertion that Angle would have very little power on her own.  I said nothing about Harry Reid until you brought him up.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »

Then it appears you misread my initial post.  I was simply refuting The Vorlon's assertion that Angle would have very little power on her own.  I said nothing about Harry Reid until you brought him up.

No, Vorlon's assertion was that Angle would be less dangerous than Harry Reid. You have yet to refute that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

Ah yes, I just reread Vorlon's post, and you're right that that was his assertion.

But again, you (and he) are of the opinion that Harry Reid is "dangerous" to begin with.  I am of the opinion that a teabagger in the United States Senate is also "dangerous".  This is a difference of opinion.

My point for being here was to refute any kind of implication that Angle would have virtually no power at all.  Compared to Reid, sure, but she would still have more power than people give her credit for.  Hence the Bunning reference.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

You have to love Rasmussen.

Look at their past three polls-

Rossi +3
Murray +5
Rossi +1

First a swing of 8 for Murray, now a swing of 6 for Rossi.

This race has swung a total of 14 points in 29 days.

Whatever you say, Rasmussen...
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 07:18:10 PM »

You have to love Rasmussen.

Look at their past three polls-

Rossi +3
Murray +5
Rossi +1

First a swing of 8 for Murray, now a swing of 6 for Rossi.

This race has swung a total of 14 points in 29 days.

Whatever you say, Rasmussen...
Ugh, I was really hoping you wouldn't find the forum part of this site...

If you paid any attention to the race if Washington, you would know that Murray started an ad blitz and had the momentum on her side. But then she ran a terribly inaccurate ad, which has put Rossi back on top, but narrowly.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »

There was no problem with that ad, and in my opinion, any backfire was minimal.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies