An explanation for my lack of attention.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:46:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An explanation for my lack of attention.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An explanation for my lack of attention.  (Read 586 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2010, 05:40:41 PM »

As your Vice President, I promised activity and hard work. Working toward many things and trying to do things that others shied away from. I promised to break the mold from most Vice Presidents, remain active in debate in the Senate, and try to improve things with an open mind.

I like to think that I've been very active and have proposed many things. With Purple State's help, for instance, we published a large legislative agenda, the kind of which is rarely seen on behalf of Atlasian presidential administrations. We came in with a working mind, and I do not believe we have failed in things we've really wanted to accomplish in the big picture. So far, at least.

But in the last few weeks I feel that I have let you all down to some degree. I've been rather inactive an inattentive. I initially planned on running for President myself in this upcoming cycle, but I feel like you deserve better, and deserve an explanation for where I have disappeared to.

A couple weeks ago my grandfather suffered a stroke and was hospitalized. I of course rushed to the hospital to attend to him, and for a week was rather detached from my duties for understandable reasons. I had hoped that after everything settled down (my grandfather is okay now, recovering with no serious lasting damage), I would be able to return my attention back to Atlasia, because I had really gotten a second wind for this place soon before it happened and smacked me back down.

Not long after, unfortunately, just as I started to pay attention to Atlasia again, there was a tornado in the area, which knocked out power for several days and caused alot of damage in the area that prevented me from getting on and paying alot of attention yet again.

As soon as THAT was over, I had finally hoped to turn my attention back to Atlasia, announce a campaign, and try my damnedest to prove to you all that I deserved to be your President. Unfortunately, I then had a health scare of my own. There was reason to believe, according to the doctors, that there was a remote possibility that I could have cancer. I underwent some tests and all that medical junk, and the anxiety over my health kept me from being as active as I truly did want to be. Today, I got a clean bill of health, which is a great relief.

But as we are nearing October, I feel like I missed the window that I wanted to create. I wanted a long campaign, I wanted to craft detailed proposals, as I always do. But I was, for a very long time this month, unable. I'm sorry to everyone for not being what you, and I, expected me to be. I have decided, after these ordeals, that I need to take a cycle off, and for those JCP folks reading this, I have personally decided to not run for President in the October elections. I just don't feel like this is the right time for me after so much has kept me from doing all that I wanted to do.

I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on. Badger has often poked at me privately to keep active in the budget committee, something I was initially excited about, but I haven't lived up to my own expectations there. I had hoped to write two more pieces of legislation, and debate in the Senate much more, but I haven't done so, and for all those that wondered why, I hope I've explained.

So, there you are. I hope the upcoming campaign is an interesting one. We'll see how it goes!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »

Great, now everyone's going to have to rethink their strategy for this election. Tongue

Marokai, political differences aside, you've been one of the best and most active Vice President's Atlasia has ever had. You should be extremely proud of yourself.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:44 PM »

Do you plan to run for re-election as VP?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

I'm really sorry about all of the stuff that has seemed to be happening to you, Marokai. Sad

Of course, I'm happy it all seemed to have a good ending! Cheesy

And tmth is right, you've been a great VP!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 10:03:41 PM »

Do you plan to run for re-election as VP?

Purple State, as to my knowledge, will not be running again. So I doubt it. If offered the VP spot, I'd be open to serving again, but I don't want to take on more responsibilities beyond what I'm already trying to get back into.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »

I must say, that your tenure as VP has reminded me a lot of when Jas was in that position. You were very active with your job, and I thank you for that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:47 PM »

Sad

I disagree. As for the Vice Presidency, you were doing a great and very, very active job. Not only in comparision to most of your predecessors (which would be not hard), but we all know the role you played in initiating this impressive agenda.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »

I'm drunk but what on earth? I hope this isn't my fault..
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »

Blue:

First off you've been the most active veep here in my time by far. Even during your period of relative inactivity (notice the slight emphasis here?), you've still been the most active in memory.

Besides, I think between a relative's stroke (glad to hear he's doing well), a tornado in your neighborhood, and then a frikkin cancer scare of all things Shocked well, suffice to say I think I speak for all Atlasia in saying you get a pass for being merely "much more active than most VP's").

Now, quit being such a drama mama and get back to work you slacker! Angry Wink
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »

What Badger said.

At least one of the two of you hasgot to run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies